Those Who Don't Wait For Marriage

1. Is a marriage ceremony of God, or of Man?

2. When I think back to early scripture; it seems to me that a man took a woman into his home for a month, then he went up into her, and they were married.

3. I've yet to wait before consummating a union between myself and a woman, so consider this my imput from someone far less than a saint.

I am dealing with an issue with a young churched lady in her early twenties. She seems to appreciate my point of view -- to a point.

I am wondering what excuses are used among the churched for having sexual relations outside of marriage. What Scriptures do they use to justify themselves?

The conversation will come up. I am baffled by this. Any help will be appreciated -- help from those who believe the Bible says to wait and help from those who think the idea is antiquated.

Thank you.

There is always the possibility of pregnancy and pregnancy out of wedlock is not ideal and abortion is downright immoral.

As it pertains to sexual immorality, I think there is a sort of hierarchy of depravity:

Between fiancees
Between serious couples
Between couples
Between strangers
Adultery
Orgies

Not to say that it is ok to do any of these, but there are certain views of fornication that are not quite as unhealthy as others. Especially deviant behavior is destructive by any account. But fornication of any sort is a sin against one's spouse, present or future.

There is no biblical or secular argument for unrestrained sexual behavior. Abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy and STIs.

Thank you, every one of you, for your answers. I only get to see this young lady about once every two months, and then, it is with a lot of people around. Please help me pray that the L-rd leads them to do the right thing, whether with or without my influence. Please pray that the H Spirit takes care of this G-d's way. I wish, right now, that I was more firm in my understanding of the two major groups we can no longer write about here, . . . . STINKIN'!!! This is made harder without that discussion!

If you focus on the sin - you will loose the message of Jesus - that Jesus died for US while we were still sinners.....

The key thing to remember is....
Salvation is FIRST.
Repentance and Overcoming can only begin AFTER salvation... and this is a Process...... It happens little by little... It's our own impatience that causes problems....

Exodus 23:29 and Deut 7:22 God did not cast out ALL of Israel's enemies at once (Or the beasts of the field will be too great for you)..... He cast them out little by little..... So He does - bringing attention to our own defects little by little... Teaching us how to harness HIS TRUE repentance little by little.. .and bringing us to Overcoming little by little....

Don't be afraid to just take the girl as she is and let God work on her... On his Schedule.... In HIS time.... Trust me - this is not the first young person who has come down the road....

Thanks

Back