Thou shall not kill?

Thou shall not kill?

Ok so I've got a question which has been bothering me for a while now and I've asked a number of people who don't know the answer, and don't want to answer in case they are wrong.

Ok so one of the commandments directly says not to commit murder. How does this relate to soldiers fighting for the English army against terrorists? Are they going to go hell? My first answer was yes, but after reading 1 Samuel 17 where David defeats Goliath in order to free people I then began to wonder, and wasn't David chosen by God?

I'd like to know peoples views on this.

Are they going to go hell?

It depends. Surrounding circumstances must be taken into account. Intentions must be weighed. Everything must be considered. Because if there's anything that the Bible keeps reminding us is the fact that God is:

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Deut 32:4

Our God is a just God. He is fair.

Remember what Paul did

And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women
Acts 22:4

Will Paul go to Hell? Of course not. Like I said, circumstances must be considered. But I suggest you relax and not worry too much. Always remember, God is fair. God is just.

Ok so I've got a question which has been bothering me for a while now and I've asked a number of people who don't know the answer, and don't want to answer in case they are wrong.

Ok so one of the commandments directly says not to commit murder. How does this relate to soldiers fighting for the English army against terrorists? Are they going to go hell? My first answer was yes, but after reading 1 Samuel 17 where David defeats Goliath in order to free people I then began to wonder, and wasn't David chosen by God?

I'd like to know peoples views on this.

That's a really good question . First of all I would like to say that the soldiers who do not know Jesus and have not been born again would be going to Hell . But the soldiers who are fighting for the freedom of our countries and to keep our countries safe would not ( The Christians ) .

It's the same as me saying as a nurse in the paliative care unit , administering morphene to dying pts who are in severe pain , knowing that is is speading up their death . Maybe others could say I was assisting in murder as well . I do not see it that way . I am assisting in keeping the patient comfortable and pain free and also doing my job as a nurse .

So these soldiers are doing their job in loyalty to their country and for freedom for us all .

1 Corinthians 6:12

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Anoher way to look at it is when Jesus Christ came to earth He did not come to abolish the laws of Moses but to fullfill them . Christians are free from the condemnation of the law, and no longer abide by a big list of "Thou shalt not's". That does not mean we don't have the Holy Spirit to convict us and that we are exempt by any means . spiritually. When considering a questionable activity, we should ask ourselves "Should I do this?" rather than "Can I do this?"

So these soldiers are doing their job in loyalty to their country and for freedom for us all .

The way I see it, it all comes down to motive. Most don't want to kill anyone but are just protecting their country. But a person can have murder in their heart toward another without doing so in the natural and still be lost because of their hatred .

Here's another thing to consider. Let's take WWII, where the issues seem to be a bit clearer than some of the more recent wars. Would it have been possible to fight WWII without killing people? Would it have been right to not resist the Nazis with deadly force and allow them to achieve their objectives?

Or, let's just stick to the Bible. How many times was Israel involved in deadly armed conflict with other nations AFTER the commandment was delivered? Did not God Himself sanction these conflicts, sometimes even instructing Israel to basically kill everybody? I believe the commandment was aimed primarily at individuals who would kill another person out of anger or for personal gain.

Or, let's just stick to the Bible.
That's better.

How many times was Israel involved in deadly armed conflict with other nations AFTER the commandment was delivered? Did not God Himself sanction these conflicts, sometimes even instructing Israel to basically kill everybody?
It's different. Very different.

There's a big difference between killing somebody by your own will and killing by the will of God.

and if you say God used hitler as a judgement on europe,us etc,are we seriously saying we were fighting Gods decision.?
for far to long people have used God as justification of murder.

if you look at nwo with 1 leader how can the 1 leader be divided aggainst himself.?
but will the 1 leader be carnal.?spiritual.?or both.?
frightening times.

Hi Michael, welcome back

so are you saying hitler was from God or satan.?
No doubt Hitler was from Satan.

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning
John 8:44

people say God controls all athority.
It's complicated.

But an intelligent point Michael.

God has control of everything. But God also gave us free will. So you must undertand it's not easy to give a definite conclusion on the matter.

What we just need to know is that by our own will, we cannot kill. Period. If we murder by our own will, we are no better than Hitler.

for far to long people have used God as justification of murder.

Christians must never use God as a justification for murder. It's like this:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man
John 1:13

Again it's complicated. But we must never justify murder. Never, specially if you are a Christian.

Christians must never used God as a justification for murder.

That right. We've even heard of people on the news say God told them to kill someone. And they are in prisions and in mental institutions. There is something wrong with their minds or they are possessed to hear voices in thier head that tell them that and they think its God. They sure don't know the Bible if they think that way.

And they are in prisions and in mental institutions. There is something wrong with their minds or they are possessed to hear voices in thier head that tell them that and they think its God. They sure don't know the Bible if they think that way.

Spot on Godspeaks, spot on.

do you think this new world order=1 leader is to stop people using God or God using others to fight aggainst the horid.?

God knocks down the strongholds,i suppose if they have 1 power,God will return to break it down.mmm more signs i guess.

That right. We've even heard of people on the news say God told them to kill someone. And they are in prisions and in mental institutions. There is something wrong with their minds or they are possessed to hear voices in thier head that tell them that and they think its God. They sure don't know the Bible if they think that way.

Of course these peoples minds are possessed by satan . God would never tell them to do such things . Satan is a liar and a deceiver and put all kinds of evil into people's heads and then they blame it on God .... Hello ....

We see a lot of these people in institutions because they are controlled by satan . Most of them are not mental but need deliverance from satanic thoughts . But the instuitutions just place bandades on the situations by medicating them and keeping them sleepy . They don't know any better . And that is the unfortunate part.

Back