Thought for Today and Every Day

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Thought for Today and Every Day

Good Day, Friends;

I would like to remind everyone that as we get closer to the end times, more and more evil is recognized in those who we encounter each day. Please allow me to quote from a New Testament scripture in Paul's second letter to his colleague, Timothy.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NLT), "1 You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. 3 They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. 4 They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. 5 They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!"

Very wise words for us all, indeed. May God bless."

( I would also like to see those persons here at CFS who think that agenda driven debating is acceptable, to read this scripture over once again and think about how your words affect others.)

Amen Pastor Gary.

Acting religous.... maybe on Sun. but living for satan the rest of the week. We can all see those kind by their fruit. A form of Godliness but denying the power there of. Calling themselves Christian in name only.:(:(

The Word of God is sobering...It is our chance to evalulate ourselves...and in the last days it says that "even the elect" may be deceived...think about it...I am sure that "the tares" that Jesus spoke of did not think of themselves as tares but as wheat...not goats, but sheep...but He does not see us the way that we see ourselves...:pray: May we see ourselves the way that He sees us so that we may repent and be converted and saved in these last days. :pray: Let no man (or woman) deceive you. Know God's word and obey His Holy Spirit.

I know many religious people who have faith but appear to be lacking in love...remember that "faith worketh by love"...That is what all christian forums need more of...I love you my brothers and sisters...establish yourselves in the faith and hold onto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...It is a joy to walk this journey of faith with you...

Do not forget the red part (red emphasis mine)

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce,if it were possible, even the elect.

Back