Thoughts Today

Today is a new day. i am so grateful that the pain has been reduced. Although I am in a low level of pain in the background consistently - today the tenderness is everywhere [my hands, back, legs, so on].

Some days it is so difficult. The pain is unbearable and unimagineable. Yet I whisper beneath my tears - Giving all glory to God. Partaking in suffering that our Lord endured [my pain isn't even a fraction but a near grain of sand compared to that He himself experienced]. I see evidence of His power, His strength and the grace in my personal life.

Being in a wheelchair, depending on someone to take me to the washroom, to cook my meals, to brush my teeth, to take a shower, to dress me - I have periods of emotional saddness. I miss not being able to walk, to run, to climb and do all the things that others do. You don't know how much all these things are worth until you have lost the ability to do them.

I would extend some thoughts to you today.

Be grateful that you can button your shirt.
Be happy you can put on a pair of shoes and walk out the door today.
Be excited about the next meal you are going to serve and cook.
Be humble to others that cannot do the things that you can do for yourself.
Be graceful in your words and attitudes to each individual you see today. You don't know what they are dealing with.
Be willing to change if you are habouring any resentment, anger, bitterness and pride.

Something so simple to just go to the washroom on my own is something I am sure people don't think of - I have to get someone to physically pick me up put me on my wheelchair, wheel me to the toliet, and then pick me up again and sit me down.

Perhaps today such gratitude can flow and be thankful you are able to be healthy, moblie and knowing you have the freedom as minor as they seem - they are huge to someone that can't do them.

Warmly in Christ, TiC

All too often we take for granted the "little" things in life. One of my mom's best friends was in a similar situation as you are. She said the same thing you are saying now...everything you do, do it with love. Her husband is a remarkable man, who took care of her and their children after she got sick.

All too often we take for granted the "little" things in life. One of my mom's best friends was in a similar situation as you are. She said the same thing you are saying now...everything you do, do it with love. Her husband is a remarkable man, who took care of her and their children after she got sick.
I so resonate with this.

Be grateful that you can button your shirt.
Be happy you can put on a pair of shoes and walk out the door today.
Be excited about the next meal you are going to serve and cook.
Be humble to others that cannot do the things that you can do for yourself.
Be graceful in your words and attitudes to each individual you see today. You don't know what they are dealing with.

Be willing to change if you are habouring any resentment, anger, bitterness and pride.

Hello TiC;

I understand you and prayerfully support your good thread. Visitation is part of ministry and I would like to add;

There are many of us in the same and other physical life circumstances. The list you shared is a building up over time. Many are not going have a instant heart of gratitude, instead they may be very angry at their disabilities and limitations. Others bemoan day to day living while others wake up each day with the "woe is me" blues.

I tell you the truth. It's a tough ministry when we visit our brothers and sisters because despite their condition, the Gospel seems to fall short with them but it is still so vital that we share it with them.

The Good News is, despite only knowing the pain and not knowing God, getting to know God and accepting Christ as their Lord and Savior, we all have the opportunity to grow from the Gospel, living Christ daily and little by little we develop a gratefulness that God already knows the condition of His children and remains with them around the clock.

In time when we accept our conditions and continue to do the best we can as disciples, only then can we experience the happiness, excitement, humbleness, grace in our words from our outer and inner cup, and allowing God to change bruised resentment and bitterness of the life He has given us, His Way.

It's a building up over time when all of us develop a heart of gratefulness and thankfulness because above it all, we learn that God is with us no matter what.

God bless you, sister.

Hello TiC;

I understand you and prayerfully support your good thread. Visitation is part of ministry and I would like to add;

There are many of us in the same and other physical life circumstances. The list you shared is a building up over time. Many are not going have a instant heart of gratitude, instead they may be very angry at their disabilities and limitations. Others bemoan day to day living while others wake up each day with the "woe is me" blues.

I tell you the truth. It's a tough ministry when we visit our brothers and sisters because despite their condition, the Gospel seems to fall short with them but it is still so vital that we share it with them.

The Good News is, despite only knowing the pain and not knowing God, getting to know God and accepting Christ as their Lord and Savior, we all have the opportunity to grow from the Gospel, living Christ daily and little by little we develop a gratefulness that God already knows the condition of His children and remains with them around the clock.

In time when we accept our conditions and continue to do the best we can as disciples, only then can we experience the happiness, excitement, humbleness, grace in our words from our outer and inner cup, and allowing God to change bruised resentment and bitterness of the life He has given us, His Way.

It's a building up over time when all of us develop a heart of gratefulness and thankfulness because above it all, we learn that God is with us no matter what.

God bless you, sister.
I understand. I have been there. But looking back I could have definitely had more gratitude that I could have walked anywhere I wanted.

I understand. I have been there. But looking back I could have definitely had more gratitude that I could have walked anywhere I wanted.
Apologies if my thread bothered or offended anyone.

Hello TiC;

No worries or apologies. You were sharing your testimony and it needed to be said for many who can relate. In my personal story I almost died of asthma when I was barely 1 year old and again at 4 years old.

As a boy I didn't understand why I couldn't breath normal and had to receive a shot weekly, take pills and inhale the old fashioned spray bottle filled with medicine. The other boys and girls could run around and play anytime.

I was too young to discuss with God, thank Him or express instant joy despite my asthma. My Mom and Dad could see my sadness so they prayed on my behalf.

I outgrew asthma at age 14 and began to see the suffering of other children, teens and adults. It gave me perspective and at 17 I assisted with Junior High Bible studies. It was there that I learned about a grateful heart. I still struggled with thanksgiving growing up but God used other seasoned teachers and pastors to help guide me.

Hello TiC;

No worries or apologies. You were sharing your testimony and it needed to be said for many who can relate. In my personal story I almost died of asthma when I was barely 1 year old and again at 4 years old.

As a boy I didn't understand why I couldn't breath normal and had to receive a shot weekly, take pills and inhale the old fashioned spray bottle filled with medicine. The other boys and girls could run around and play anytime.

I was too young to discuss with God, thank Him or express instant joy despite my asthma. My Mom and Dad could see my sadness so they prayed on my behalf.

I outgrew asthma at age 14 and began to see the suffering of other children, teens and adults. It gave me perspective and at 17 I assisted with Junior High Bible studies. It was there that I learned about a grateful heart. I still struggled with thanksgiving growing up but God used other seasoned teachers and pastors to help guide me.
I can understand. I had my first open heart surgery at 4 days old, another at 4 years old and another at 9 years old. I don't ever remember being angry though. Only sadness I had was, I had really noticeable scars :(

Back