Thread Title...old Time Prophecy Coming True Before Us Today

By Herbert H. Ogletree
We find the old time prophecy of long ago coming true before today, handed down from the very beginning. of time handed down only from God unto our many prophecy of the olden times, bearing the truth of the sons of man of our own times.. The same as we find in the Book of Second Epistle of Peter
2 Peter: 3:1-9 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
W
e also find Christ speaking out about the same thing in the Book of Revelations, with Christ also giving his very own warning before the end of time, this time coming from the Church of Loadiceans. Revelations 3: 14-22
3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

We are very near. Most of the Christians and some non believers that I talk to feel the sense of urgency that something is happening that is not normal.
Well look at all the calamity that is going on. earthquakes happening in places that don't happen, middle east, N Korea rocket launch, ect. It IS written in the Bible that all these things WILL happen before Jesus will come. I am ready

There are a lot of clues that we are getting close to the time for the literal fulfillment of several prophecies found in the Bible. But the clearest (and possibly most significant) for me would be the one about the "Mark of the Beast", as per Revelation 13: 16-18.

In particular, that prophecy is one of the easiest to identify as being quite literal, as opposed to metaphorical. And, unlike with a lot of other prophecies, we can now see the trend toward the fulfillment of that prophecy right before our very eyes. For example, here in East Africa there is a popular cashless technology called "M-Pesa" which has literally taken off over the past few years, and is essentially just another way for people to buy or sell without using money. (I think they are using Africa as a testing base before implementing the same or a more improved version of that same technology in the West.)

The problem with M-Pesa, of course, is that it requires a phone... something which can still be lost or stolen. So the obvious solution seems to be something which can't be so easily stolen or misplaced... like a microchip inside someone's arm to buy and sell with - the Mark of the Beast!

I would strongly encourage anyone who has not already done so to prayerfully study the passage I mentioned (Revelation 13:16-18), and pray to God for discernment about its relation to the times we are living in.

While I respect your concern, I query the connection between a 'cashless' society and worship of the beast.
Remember,
Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. 16And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. 17Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”
18But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? 19Show Me the tax money.”
So they brought Him a denarius.
20And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”
21They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”
And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 22When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.
Nkjv Matt 22:15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22.
Well,OK,yes, the mark of the beast will be a bit different, doesn't the same principle apply? That is,mere money, taxes perhaps and purchase prices are the things due to governments and merchants, but worship is due to God.
The mark of the beast will in some way negate or stop worship of God, and although it seems to be linked with commerce, it is in and of itself not money.
Or, so I thinks.

While I respect your concern, I query the connection between a 'cashless' society and worship of the beast.
Remember,
Nkjv Matt 22:15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22.
Well,OK,yes, the mark of the beast will be a bit different, doesn't the same principle apply? That is,mere money, taxes perhaps and purchase prices are the things due to governments and merchants, but worship is due to God.
The mark of the beast will in some way negate or stop worship of God, and although it seems to be linked with commerce, it is in and of itself not money.
Or, so I thinks.

The MARK of the BEAST, what ever it winds up being, will definatly be involved with FOOD and the purchase of it.

Rev. 13:17
"And that no man might buy or sell, save that he had the "mark" or the name of the beast or the number of his name".

One thing we can be sure of. WHo ever has the ability to controle FOOD will be the one who will get anything from those here on this earth. A mom and dad will take that MARK, every single time to make sure there children are fed.

The "Mark of the Beast" has always been a particularly cryptic reference, but a few
things can be inferred. It's not likely to be a chip, chips are too easily cloned or damaged, thus
negating the reason for the chip in the first place. Who wouldn't take the time to walk by Rockafeller
with a chip reader, clone his chip, and go shopping?
It will be a visible mark, something easy to read and distinguish at a reasonable distance, say with
the same ability as facial recognition technology that already exists.
Now if it were for buying and selling and nothing more, it would be no more insidious than a credit card.
But I believe (my humble opinion here) that there will be some sort of oath or allegiance required to be
allowed to be a part of this "brave new world", and it is this oath that believing Christians will have a big problem
with. Much like the Jews who were forced to bow before an image of Caesar.

The "Mark of the Beast" has always been a particularly cryptic reference, but a few
things can be inferred. It's not likely to be a chip, chips are too easily cloned or damaged, thus
negating the reason for the chip in the first place. Who wouldn't take the time to walk by Rockafeller
with a chip reader, clone his chip, and go shopping?
It will be a visible mark, something easy to read and distinguish at a reasonable distance, say with
the same ability as facial recognition technology that already exists.
Now if it were for buying and selling and nothing more, it would be no more insidious than a credit card.
But I believe (my humble opinion here) that there will be some sort of oath or allegiance required to be
allowed to be a part of this "brave new world", and it is this oath that believing Christians will have a big problem
with. Much like the Jews who were forced to bow before an image of Caesar.

Rev. 13:15-17..........
"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

John here has wedded religion and business because people will have to have the mark of the Beast to do business. In John's day, soldiers were branded by their commanders, slaves were branded by their masters, and those attached to certain pagan temples were branded by the "mark" of the god or goddess whom they served.

Ptolemy Philopater had all Jews in Alexandris marked with an Ivy Leaf which was the symbol of Dionysus. Women who are vain will probably choose to have the number placed on their forehand and not the forehead but that is just speculation on my part.

Consider the numbers we all carry around now. Hard line phone #, cell phone #, computer log-in, password, bank account #, social security # and the list goes on and on and on. Would it not simplify all of our lives if the government would assign each one of us a single all purpose number which we could have placed on our head or hand to help us with all these numbers????? We could call it the NEW MEDICAL INFORMATION ACT. Universal Health Care. At least that is the way the A/C will sell his new program.

Now, since the church will have been removed (IMO this is why the Christians must be Raptured) by the "Catching Away".......there will be no one here to stand up and oppose such a program. This is how I believe this prophetic statement by John will be fulfilled.

Consider the numbers we all carry around now. Hard line phone #, cell phone #, computer log-in, password, bank account #, social security # and the list goes on and on and on. Would it not simplify all of our lives if the government would assign each one of us a single all purpose number which we could have placed on our head or hand to help us with all these numbers????? We could call it the NEW MEDICAL INFORMATION ACT. Universal Health Care. At least that is the way the A/C will sell his new program
Some years back a certain brand of political party in Australia tried to introduce an "Australia card".
This card was intended to do just as you suggest. So your idea is not so outrageous Major.
Google 'Australia card' and view the Wikipedia item. There are striking similarity between the history of this card and the wounding of the beast that yet lived. But it is only a similarity, since (so far) the A/C is dead.
I wonder what manner of image is it that John speaks of though.
As per v15, this image is enabled (by the beast) to speak and apparently to condemn infidels.
Improved version of a HAL9000 computer, the SIN666 ?:)
That would be 'Synaptic Intelligence Node 666'

Since the Seventies, all our traded goods comprise the identification mark of the Beast 666. Indeed, all the data-processing bars codes integrate three (3) pairs of specific bars [one in the center and two on the sides, at the beginning and the end of the code; technically superfluous, according to the clean consent of the inventor of bars-codes UPC (Universal Product Code) George J. Laurer, e-mail "[email protected]" ...], longer than the others and each one corresponding to digit 6, composing thus together the triple 6 or number of the Beast (666) is found on every product available for being purchased.

I can't see anything ominous in the barcode. It needs a start bit to tell the reading software when to start reading.
It needs an end bit to tell the software when to finish the read.
It needs some form of clocking check to ensure an error free read.
Parity checking could be made by comparison of each half of the code.....not sure on this point.
Why 6 was chosen instead of some other number is not 100% clear, however a single bar would not necessarily be error proof, a unique character is required to ensure against dirty marks etc being mistaken for code and confusing the software.
Six being two bars and one space, is likely the simplest configuration though.
You will notice that these 6s are longer than the main body of the code; that is to identify them as clocking bits.
And that clocking function relies on the width ratios between the two bars and the separating space.
blessings,
calvin

I can't see anything ominous in the barcode. It needs a start bit to tell the reading software when to start reading.
It needs an end bit to tell the software when to finish the read.
It needs some form of clocking check to ensure an error free read.
Parity checking could be made by comparison of each half of the code.....not sure on this point.
Why 6 was chosen instead of some other number is not 100% clear, however a single bar would not necessarily be error proof, a unique character is required to ensure against dirty marks etc being mistaken for code and confusing the software.
Six being two bars and one space, is likely the simplest configuration though.
You will notice that these 6s are longer than the main body of the code; that is to identify them as clocking bits.
And that clocking function relies on the width ratios between the two bars and the separating space.
blessings,
calvin

All three guard bars contain the pattern "bar-space-bar" or "101". There is only ONE number, in TWENTY numbers (remember right and left numbers have different patterns) that contains the "101" pattern and that number is the right code SIX. Not the number one, or two, or three, etc. — but ONLY the right code SIX. I do seem to remember something about a mark on the RIGHT hand (Rev. 13:16).

Now of all the numbers available....why choose the number 6????

Technically, from a computer's perspective the number "666" is NOT in the UPC barcode. . . but from a human's perspective — the "appearance" of 666 is there!

What does the inventor of the UPC barcode say about the number "666" in the UPC barcode?
The inventor of the UPC barcode is George J. Laurer. In 1971, while Mr. Laurer was an employee with IBM, he was assigned the task "to design the best code and symbol suitable for the grocery industry". In 1973, Mr. Laurer's UPC barcode entered the world, and the rest is history.
On Mr. Laurer's web site, he has a "Questions" page, where he answers various questions about the UPC barcode. On the "Questions" page, Mr. Laurer answers the "666" question, as follows:
Question #8 - Rumor has it that the lines (left, middle, and right) that protrude below the U.P.C. code are the numbers 6,6,6... and that this is the international money code. I typed a code with all sixes and this seems to be true. At least they all resemble sixes. What's up with that?
Answer- Yes, they do RESEMBLE the code for a six.An even parity 6 is:
1 module wide black bar 1 module wide white space 1 module wide black bar 4 module wide white space
There is nothing sinister about this nor does it have anything to do with the Bible's "mark of the beast" (The New Testament, The Revelation, Chapter 13, paragraph 18). It is simply a coincidence like the fact that my first, middle, and last name all have 6 letters. There is no connection with an international money code either. (From website)​

Even, Mr. Laurer, the inventor of the UPC barcode admits, "Yes, they do RESEMBLE the code for a six."
In fact — SIX is the ONLY number they could RESEMBLE.

You would certainly think because of the "antichrist connections" to "666" they would have picked another number besides '6' to pattern the three 'guard bars' after? Why not 1 or 3, or 5, etc. — any number but '666'. Surely they knew Christians would, sooner or later, "discover" the clear "appearance" of 666 in the UPC bar code.

Maybe they had no choice?
Is the barcode the mark of the beast?
In the 1993 British movie, Naked, directed by Mike Leigh and starring David Thewlis, the following conversation takes place:
"What is the mark? Well the mark Brian, is the barcode. The ubitiqous barcode that you'll find on every bog roll, and every packet of johnny's and every poxie-pot pie. And every [expletive-removed] barcode is divided into two parts by three markers and those three markers are always represented by the number six. Six-six-six. Now what does it say? No one shall be able to buy or sell without that mark. And now what they're planning to do in order to eradicate all credit card fraud and in order to precipitate a totally cashless society. What they're planning to do; what they've already tested on the American troops; they're going to subcutaneously laser tattoo that mark onto your right hand or onto your forehead." (Naked, British movie, 1993, directed by Mike Leigh and starring David Thewlis)​
There's no question Mary Stewart Relfe, author of When Your Money Fails, The "666" System" is Here, and The New Money System 666, believes the barcode is the Mark of the Beast.

Mary Stewart Relfe, When Your Money Fails…The "666" System" is Here, 1981
"And he causeth all . . . to receive a mark . . . "
In Greek this word mark is charagma, which literally denotes a stamp, an impress, and is translated mark. Notice that John did not say that he causeth all to receive a number in the right hand or forehead. This astute prophet could have certainly delineated between a series of numbers, and an unexplained stamp or mark. . .
The same Electronic Eye which scans the UPC marks [barcodes] will in the near future scan the marks that will be required to be inserted on the body. . .
While some specifics remain vague, of this we are certain: All commerce will be conducted in the near future with a number, a name, or an identifying mark in the hand or forehead. It is my sincere deduction that the 'mark of the beast' will not be the insertion of numbers per se on the body, but of vertical lines which will represent encoded messages and digits. " (Mary Stewart Relfe, When Your Money Fails The "666" System" is Here, 1981, pp. 56,57,58).​

Now of all the numbers available....why choose the number 6????
and,
You would certainly think because of the "antichrist connections" to "666" they would have picked another number besides '6' to pattern the three 'guard bars' after? Why not 1 or 3, or 5, etc. — any number but '666'. Surely they knew Christians would, sooner or later, "discover" the clear "appearance" of 666 in the UPC bar code.
Major I suppose there is a physical space budget. Other numbers have wider bars and spaces so the overall code would be longer if these were used...........s'pose?

Hi all,

Been very busy with on-line missionary stuff so have not had much time to visit CFS for a while.

Actually I only popped in for this particular thread because I have an observation some here might like to think about. The "strange" and highly improbable "coincidence" that every modern day product bar code should "just happen" to contain the diviiding code "666" has already been noted and raised. But have you noticed another strange coincidence that just happens to coincide with the use of the "6" barcode as a divider? I first noticed it when they were proposing the Australia card with our own unique ID number.

Pull out your credit / debit cards and have a good look at the number. Bet you it is four sets of four digit numbers seperated by .... THREE spaces. I note it is even being used elsewhere as a common ID number format. And we all know how they separate numbers in barcodes ...

and,

Major I suppose there is a physical space budget. Other numbers have wider bars and spaces so the overall code would be longer if these were used...........s'pose?

I really have no clue on that one. It may also be just one of those "coinsidences" if you believe in those kinds of things.

I can see the UPC is nearing its use by date .
File:Z80-Tianjin_-Beijing.jpg

Hmmm that didn't work so well. the url for the image that was supposed to be is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Z80-Tianjin_-Beijing.jpg
It is an example of a QR code that is fast gaining application expansion and will logically displace the UPC before too much longer.

It seems I used the wrong url........too much information. Here is the image.

Z80-Tianjin_-Beijing.jpg

The QR code is the square mess toward the bottom right of the train ticket. Find 666 in that maze and you'll be doing well.

(Thanks again Jeff)

While I'm waiting for them to deactivate my account it is interesting to note that the QR code just happens to include an identical pattern but only on THREE corners not four. Strange coincidence again. I also note the pattern is repeated ONCE inside the square and the printed info on the card by coincidence again contains just one incidence of the digit .... 6.

I'd be very interested in how the number 6 is represented by the QR code.

Then again I don't really believe in coincidences or chance. All they do is raise my curiosity.

Rev. 13:15-17..........
Now, since the church will have been removed (IMO this is why the Christians must be Raptured) by the "Catching Away".......there will be no one here to stand up and oppose such a program. This is how I believe this prophetic statement by John will be fulfilled.

I agree, Major! I personally don't PLAN to be here for all of that. ;) PRAISE JESUS! :D

Back