Three Random Facts

It's refreshing to see a Brother in Christ who is Spirit led and Listens and gets results! !
Thank you for sharing
Blessings
FCJ
God Bless you my friend.

You are a blessing to me.

i was blessed to learn how to hear God by going to prayer and worship meetings where everyone did it like it was the most natural thing to do.

at first it seemed weird, the way these Christians were talking, but eventually it seemed right, and then next thing i started doing it naturally too.

the only stumbling block I had was figuring out when it WASN'T God.

i got fooled a few times, until i started testing the spirit like you said in one of your posts here.

that is one safety.

another is to read scripture so much that i am familiar with what God says, to know when a "idea" "message" that comes to my heart/mind isn't scriptural.

after i got tricked a few times, i started asking for 3 scriptures that confirmed the "ideas" i was receiving.

what a wonderful adventure that was - receiving at least 3 scriptures directly from God to confirm it really was Him giving the idea that was really already found in scripture somewhere.

that caused my knowledge and understanding of God's words to escalate dramatically.

plus this meant i needed to lean on God for the message, the confirmation, everything.

i have become so deeply dependent on God, i have no desire to go back to making my own decisions.

interacting with God on a continuous basis over everything is so life-giving.

apart from Christ i can do nothing - John 15:5

i don't have any desire to do anything on my own.

i now see what Jesus meant when He said I do nothing except what I see my Father do, I say nothing apart from what my Father gives me to say - John 5:19, John 5:30, John 8:28

Seeing as I am new to this site and don't know anyone (yet), I thought it might be fun, by way of "introduction", to share three random facts about me and ask you to do the same...

Pick any three 'random' (fun) facts that tell us something about you. (obviously don't share anything private!)

1. Food: I love Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate (Made in Australia) :p
  2. Pets: We have two dogs: A large Alaskan Malamute and a tiny Toy Poodle
  3. Music: One of my favourite songs is "What This World Needs" by Casting Crowns.
  • Bonus Fact: I enjoy learning about Apologetics and Creation Science.
1. I love God
2. I have a dog; part Sharpei, part Labrador.....see here >>>http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/meet-my-boy-hulk.46022/
3. When I was younger, I got caught out in a rip at sea (with 2 other cousins), and had to swim along it in order to get back to shore (took us an hour!). The parents, aunties and uncles weren't too happy lol but were grateful that we made it back safely under Gods protection.

Back