Tick Tock

This song is about the passing of time, how the church is asleep, and how Satan is on a rampage because his time is running out. It is also a call for the church to wake up, to repent, and to get on fire for the Lord Jesus before time does run out.

"When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets." ~ Rev. 8:1-2

Tick Tock / An Original Work / May 1, 2011

Tick tock, tick tock, time is a passing.
The time on the clock keeps ticking
While the church is fast a-sleeping.
Satan’s on a rampage
‘Cause his time is running out.
Will you worship God the Father,
God the Son and Holy Spirit?
Will you obey all of His
Commands for you today?
Jesus died to pay your ransom,
So that you could be forgiven.
Won’t you come to Him in truth
And penitently pray to Him?

Tick tock, tick tock, time is a wasting.
The cross of our Lord awaits you.
Won’t you come and share His table,
Drink the cup and eat the bread
In memory of Him?
Take a heart examination,
And accept our God’s salvation.
Humbly bow in adoration
And proclaim His name.
He wants for you to believe in
Him who interceded for you
When He died for your sins
And He rose from death in victory.

Tick tock, tick tock, time’s end is nearing.
How He longs to take and keep you,
In His arms He wants to hold you,
If you will but come to Him
And call on Him today.
His desire is that you please Him
In all of your life’s ambitions;
Be a living sacrifice
And be transformed today.
Let Christ’s love and grace sustain you,
And His promises prepare you
For His soon return to earth
To gather all His saints to Him.

I enjoyed reading the poem; my works computer does not have an audio output, however I shall listen to the video you have attached.
Thank you for sharing; a cherishing poem indeed.
Bravo Sue. :)

I enjoyed reading the poem; my works computer does not have an audio output, however I shall listen to the video you have attached.
Thank you for sharing; a cherishing poem indeed.
Bravo Sue. :)
Thank you, but the work is not mine. It is the Lord's. I know this better than anyone. He gave me the tune first, and then I prayed for words. I had no idea what words would end up going with that tune, but then he gave them to me and I wrote them down. So, I am just the scribe, and God is the author. They are HIS original works. So, all glory and praise belong to Him alone.

This was probably the most difficult of all the songs to sing, because it is fast moving, and because of how the notes dance around, but the music was written to resemble the sound of a clock ticking back and forth, I believe. But, the Lord helped me to sing it. He also had me pause each time (each verse) after the first phrase, which I believed symbolized this half an hour of silence in heaven before the seven trumpets were sounded.

Back