Time to get up

Time to get up

Hello everybody, I'm in need of a suggestion :p
Lately its been like im being seperated from God and its really annoying me! I'm starting to skip mass, I dont say my prayers all the time, I havent gone for confession for a very long time and I can't seem to get things back to normal again.

Its like God isn't my first priority in life, and my school exams aren't helping in this situation. Any advice on how I can overcome this laziness, or whatever it is, so that I can be closer to God again? =] Much appreciated.

Hi Tick! We all have those symptoms at times. The important thing is to make a decision now to put Him first.
Spend time in prayer- by that I mean really talking to Him and interacting with Him. Tell Him how you feel and what your thoughts are- listen for His heart in every aspect of this relationship.
Spend time in the Word- pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give you revealtion in the Bible which is the Word of God. Ask Him to help you understand the Word and how it applies to you personally as well as the lives of others around you.
Spend time in worship- find the best worship you know of and pour out your love to Him- He will meet you there and pour out His.
Remember that Jesus paid the price on the cross that our ability to have intimacy with the Father would be restored. How sad it is for those who go through the religious motions only to hear Him say "I never knew you".
Let us decide to invest in our relationship with Him as time, sharing and love is how any relationship grows.
Many blessings in His Name,
brother Larry.

Hmmmm thanks I guess I can manage that.

But when it comes to prayer ( I sometimes think about this ), does it make a difference if I say a prayer out loud or just say it in my thoughts?

We are instructed to:

1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

This means to maintain an attitude of prayer in all we do. God is not interested in hearing us recite an old prayer over and over. He is interested in being actively involved in every moment of our life . That was the reason for the cross; to restore what was lost in the garden- fellowship between man and God.
Out loud, in your head- whatever way you talk to Him He will hear, It is not about technique but about learning to spend time with the One you love.:)

Hmm....indeed that makes sense, cause I sometimes felt that I'm talking to myself, fortunatly I was wrong. :D

Nice I know what I have to do now, I thank for helping me get back on the right road to God. :)

Tick,

Prayer without ceasing is why my friends (women) are veiled (their heads covered with a scarf or bonnet), and that type of prayer is as important as our Christian witness....it might just BE our Christian witness, but remember there are times when you need more concentration and to be around fellow believers. socialization bounces things off one another and lets your mind rest in ways that you can't do when you are alone. There are times you just need to close your eyes and be on your knees to get everything else out of the way....to SHOW God that you are sincere. It shows Him you are leaning on only Him, not on Him and all those other things you are doing while talking to Him. You got a spouse? Significant other? How would you like it if there was something important and they kept sweeping the flor while they talked and didn't make eye contact?

Love ya, (get to mass)

leia

small group involvement.

Hi Tick, you may find it helpful, inspirational, fun, and encouraging to get into some small group - maybe some kind of young adult or youth ministry (if you are in high school) or, if you are a college student, a campus ministry group. It is always a good way to have fellowship and make friends.

Keep up the daily praying and focus on the readings you hear in the liturgy.

Psalm 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Hi Tick, you may find it helpful, inspirational, fun, and encouraging to get into some small group - maybe some kind of young adult or youth ministry (if you are in high school) or, if you are a college student, a campus ministry group. It is always a good way to have fellowship and make friends.

Keep up the daily praying and focus on the readings you hear in the liturgy.

Psalm 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

I think this is really good advice Deborah.

There are times when all of us lapse or get lazy, forgetting what we need to do to please our Lord and Savior, which we all know is what is best for us and our lives. The important thing, is that you've already admitted that you've lapsed and now you just have to get going for the Lord again. Whenever you don't feel like going to Mass or realize that you forgot to pray, picture him on that cross, dying for your sins, it might get you motivated again. He loves you so much Tick....let Him feel that same love from you again. You'll be all the better for it, I promise.

You can do it!!!! Good luck with exams!

Blessings, Cheri

Reading all these replies makes me feel all warm and good inside ^^

Well I was part of a religious group a while back, but they ended cause "they grew up", jobs, school and all that stuff. Pity though, religous groups are indeed an effective way of getting closer to God.

I have to remember to pray properly from now on, and hopefully I wont be overcome by laziness again. Hopefully things will get better. =]

Thanks again to everyone, your help is appreciated as always :D

Overcoming

Hello everybody, I'm in need of a suggestion :p
Lately its been like im being seperated from God and its really annoying me! I'm starting to skip mass, I dont say my prayers all the time, I havent gone for confession for a very long time and I can't seem to get things back to normal again.

Its like God isn't my first priority in life, and my school exams aren't helping in this situation. Any advice on how I can overcome this laziness, or whatever it is, so that I can be closer to God again? =] Much appreciated.

Hi,

At such times it is decisive to have fellowship with another follower of Jesus otherwise the things can get easily astray.. but it is so common not to have fellowship at all then it is a real problem.

Back