Tips

Dusty

Inactive
Tips

TIPS FOR A BETTER LIFE - 2008

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'

4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants
and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, and almonds

6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'

17. Forgive everyone for everything.

18. What other people think of you is none of your business.

19. GOD heals everything.

20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.

24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

Birds of a feather flock together and crap on your car.?

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are 'XL.'

If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.?

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, it's called golf.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth .... Amen

?

Holy moly that is the best advise I have seen in along time Dusty!:cool:
My wheels are turnin now:eek: for good stuff ofcourse. TY Lord!!:)

Tip About Your Car Keys

PUT YOUR CAR KEYS BESIDE YOUR BED AT NIGHT

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr
Office, the check out Girl at the market, everyone you run across.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside
your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic
button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will
continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come
home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this:

It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires
no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside
your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until
you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park
in your driveway or garage If your car alarm goes off when someone is
trying to break in your house, odds are the burglar rapist won't stick
around... after a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out
their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't
want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in
a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there.....

This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it
could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart
attack, where you can't reach a phone.

Some one also suggested an elderly person carry the car keys out in the yard and when he or she falls they can activate the alarm.

Also, be yourself, "everyone else is taken." :<)
Car keys tip sunds great unless your car was made before those alarms were created. :>(

Who else raised a garden? I have a plot of ground 25X55 feet where I raise vegetables. I either canned or froze 340 pints of food this year, besides eating from it all season. I still have fesh winter onions, garlic, greens and fall lettuce that will produce until the first hard freeze and maybe after.

In addition to the considerable savings in food cost, there is the advantage of knowing what was put on it for pest control and etc. Also you control the cleaning and care of it from garden to table. As for flavor, the supermarket cannot touch it.

Don't like to hoe grass and weeds? Neither do I. I have access to a large amount of dry grass clippings and fall tree leaves. All summer I apply grass clippings 4 to 6 inches deep in all the middles and up to the roots of the plants. When fall comes I cover the entire garden with fallen leaves about 6 inches at least up to knee deep. When spring arrives I rake back an area when I am ready to plant, (say two rows of lettuce). The soil is loose with earthworms working away to keep it aerated. It can be made into rows with hand tools. No power equipped tiller needed. When the plants are a few inches tall rake the clippings and leaves up around them. The grass & weeds are smothered. The few that sprout have shallow roots and are easily pulled. Keep putting new grass clippings on all summer and new leaves each autumn,as they will gradually decompose fertilizing the soil and adding valuable humus.

If grass clippings and leaves are not available old hay is good and sometimes can be bought cheap from farmers.

Back