To find God's will

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

To find God's will

"To find God's will, you must first lose your will."
Daniel Kaighen

How true, Bo. We hang onto what feels familiar, even though it may not be healthy for us, and yet we pray that God will lead us in right decisions. How unhealthy is that?

Just follow the Holy Spirit. He will lead you deeper into death to your old self that you may experience His resurrection life. Is that contrary to how our old man feels? Yes but who cares what He says- let's dive into that River of Life,head for the deepest spot and breathe out the old air (all that used to sustain our lives) and take a deep breathe of those Living Waters! Hallelujah!!!

This is the the thing I've found hardest about being a Christian - I'm so used to making my own decisions even though they've often been so so so wrong. Now I have Someone to guide me, support me and love me yet sometimes I take a step back saying, "Wait! Wait! Too much! Let me decide" but then five minutes later remember how comforting it is not to have to make decisions on your own every again. But it does keep coming up...

The old hymn used to say " I surrender all". There is so much freedom in that! But take one step back and the flesh will rise up.
When we get tired, frustrated, frazzled, burned out, etc- those are road signs in our lives telling us that we are walking in our own strength. That is a sure recipe for failure. Lean on God, depend on Him for each breath, move when He moves- soon the pressure comes off. His yoke is easy, His burden light.:)

"To find God's will, you must first lose your will."

Daniel Kaighen

:amen:...
thanks again Bro...this is good stuff!!!

How about the hymn:
Have thine own way, Lord...
Have Thine Own Way, Lord

Music:George C. Steb­bins,
North­field Hymn­al with Al­ex­and­er’s Sup­ple­ment, 1907

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.
Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.
Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit ’till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me.

:amen:
:groupray:​

:D:amen::amen::amen:

That is a tough one to learn too! It seems hard to lose your own will and even realize that u are still hanging on to it!
I pray the LORD helps me with this one!

Merry Christmas:)

The old hymn used to say " I surrender all". There is so much freedom in that! But take one step back and the flesh will rise up.
When we get tired, frustrated, frazzled, burned out, etc- those are road signs in our lives telling us that we are walking in our own strength. That is a sure recipe for failure. Lean on God, depend on Him for each breath, move when He moves- soon the pressure comes off. His yoke is easy, His burden light.:)

Thank you, that makes so much sense. The challenge for me is TRUST, being willing to not know what lies ahead. But honestly, like I ever did!

Back