To Kill The Devil

The Devil can't exist unless you allow him to. Conquer your own hatred and you have killed the devil. God is all matter, molecules and atoms--He is living water (air), all life and with all intelligence present. He is in all things, and by Him all things consist. All things were created by Him and for Him.(Colossians 1:15-20) God is love and He has no opposite. If you accept Him--you show your love by keeping His commandments and being obedient. We are to ripen and mature and accept responsibility for own own actions and hatred---the devil isn't responsible for us or our actions/sins--we are. Those who don't love, don't know God (1 John 4:8)
The Bible is a series of riddles (God called them parables)
The devil has no hold on love/God----Conquer your own hatred and you have killed the devil

At least this is my take on the subject. If there are any other opinions, please post them

Yeshua Bless You

Welcome, and nice to have you aboard:

I would like to add that God can ALLOW Satan to work in your life as well: Job.

I would agree that most of our personal trials are brought on us by our own actions. But then again we ALLOW Satan to tempt us. I would not say that 'Satan does not exist' at any level as the Bible teaches that he does.

So in essence; if you say-"don't allow Satan to tempt you," that statement I would agree with. Now if we could only get rid of this dirty sin nature that finds Satan's whispers appealing-that would be awesome! (Power in the Blood of the Lamb.)

We are created to be dependent on Jesus Christ. Some may be less dependent than others.... :D

Sheila, I have to disagree with you when you say............
"The Bible is a series of riddles (God called them parables) ".

The Bible is the Word of God. It is for instruction, correction, motivation and rebuke of those who change it for their own opinion.

Now.........Parabels are NOT riddles!

A parable is a word-picture which uses an image or story to illustrate a truth or lesson. It creates a mini-drama in picture language that describes the reality being illustrated.

While a “parable” can describe an extended metaphor, or an allegory, it can also be a true narrtive of an event which has already taken place. That is what I tend to lean to personally.

rid·dle

/ˈridl/

Noun
  1. A question intentionally phrased to require ingenuity in ascertaining its answer.
  2. A large coarse sieve, esp. one used for separating ashes from cinders or sand from gravel.
How is a riddle not a parable?
Yeshua Bless You

By your definition a riddle takes ingenuity to ascertain its answer, meaning anyone can know the answer with a little ingenuity.

Parables on the other hand cannot ascertained unless you are of the ones the Father gave to Lord Jesus before the beginning of time.

Consider Mark 4 10;

But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. 11 And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that ‘Seeing they may see and not perceive, And hearing they may hear and not understand; Lest they should turn, And their sins be forgiven them.’”

The meaning of Parables can only be ascertained by the ones it’s intended for, which is much different definition than riddles.

As far as the devil, let’s take a look at a real-world example of spiritual warfare in Matthew 4 4. The only way we could have this information in the Bible is Jesus revealed it to the Gospel writer Matthew, because no one else was there except Jesus and Satan.

Matthew 4 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’” 11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

So Lord Jesus when faced with the temptations of the devil, he could have done or said anything and it would instantly become scripture. But no, He defeated this evil foe with the Word of God, scriptures from the Old Testament, nothing less and nothing more was needed.

Shelia: You are mixing Scripture with your own words! God is not "in" all things: Look at what you wrote:

This is called <Pantheism>

The actual words in the Bible do not not jive with your customized verse. Here it is in the KJV:

The key to this verse is underlined: the Greek for "before" shows God in a very different light than what you seem to be saying:

Do you think God is a magician? He can pull atoms and molecules together and turn a staff into a snake, a snake into a staff, water into wine, walk on water, multiply bread and fish, see through all eyes of His creations(Colossians 1:15), be visible and invisible, speak through a bush or a cloud, control all elements and perform healing miracles from the inside out. Yet you think He's somehow not a part of all that? Where do you think God is?

The invisible God created all things of which He is a part.
Romans 1:20--For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen , being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse
He runs all nature and is the breath of life to all creatures.
Yeshua Bless You

The Devil can't exist unless you allow him to. Conquer your own hatred and you have killed the devil. God is all matter, molecules and atoms--He is living water (air), all life and with all intelligence present. He is in all things, and by Him all things consist. All things were created by Him and for Him.(Colossians 1:15-20) God is love and He has no opposite. If you accept Him--you show your love by keeping His commandments and being obedient. We are to ripen and mature and accept responsibility for own own actions and hatred---the devil isn't responsible for us or our actions/sins--we are. Those who don't love, don't know God (1 John 4:8)
The Bible is a series of riddles (God called them parables)
The devil has no hold on love/God----Conquer your own hatred and you have killed the devil

At least this is my take on the subject. If there are any other opinions, please post them

Yeshua Bless You
Truth is that to say that God is all matter,atoms and molecules, is the definition of pantheism.

One can cut a Rose flower from the bush and surround it with Carnations, Snap-dragons, Chrysanthemums, Maiden-hair ferns and so on, but at the core there is a stick full of nasty thorns.

Seriously Sheila, you need to repent and seek the knowledge of the Lord as He has chosen to reveal Himself. Be satisfied with His self revelation and ask Jesus to regenerate your inner being. Pantheism will never get anyone eternal life and I'm sure that is what you want. Sweet words like 'Joshua Bless you' 'Blessings from the Lord be upon you' etc read well but 'God is all matter...' just won't start the engine.

I guess I don't understand your point. We only need to look at Genesis 1 1 to know "God Is" before the creation. Before there was earth, eyes, blue, green, or brown, God Is.

What I think you are referring to is the poetic nature of the Bible. When the Bible says God has wings, is it saying God has feathers? Or when the Bible says God created you in the palm of His hands, is it saying God has giant Hands? No, it the poetic nature of the Bible.

God Is, apart from any creation by definition.

Back