To my American Brothers and Sisters - IN CHRIST

Dear Loved Ones in Christ,

Ok, some of you were offended on my thread: http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/questions-for-americans-from-africa-with-love.43142/

When I found out about that ruling across the 50 States in America advocating for gay marriage. I went straight home, said hi to everyone at home and went straight to my room and closed myself in.

And cried like a little baby. You have all heard the adage that WHEN AMERICA SNEEZES ENGLAND CATCHES THE FLU. America is one of those nations like Israel - She is the one to watch. What you say in your land ends up going for the rest of the world - I am sure you have noticed this.

A person on this forum said it marks the downfall of society. And I agree. I told the LORD when I cried that your silly kids have opened Pandora's box. After legalising this then what now. Same sex toilets, changing rooms, movies on national TV with people openly showing affection.

Please, I was not criticising your country in the least bit. We are together in this. And when you cry I cry. As a Believer.

My consolation came greatly after I read this piece in the Bible and my is it beautiful. It shows me that God is not shocked. And that He knows. Its all part of the greater plan :)

All this is driving to the coming of the man of lawlessness. But JESUS IS LORD!

See post below

2 Thessalonians 2 New International Version (NIV)

THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS

2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

STAND FIRM

15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Thessalonians 2&version=NIV

Also just to say thank you for those who have rightfully pointed out in their posts that reality on the ground in America is totally different to the perceptions we are sold by the media.

Certainly is the case for Africa too! I come from Southern Africa. Africa is vast and large. So just because in the north to Middle East they are fighting like crazy it doesn't apply everywhere. The media has done a fantastic job. Thank you media.

That first pic is right outside my office. Then my favorite place, down at the coast. Of course I can show you more but it's not good to do so sniff sniff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 7
Personally I looooove the beach. So I try to drive down there at least twice a year. I love the flamingos too. This is about 9am. Thank you guys for letting me share with you. Love, in Christ!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 3
@Mercedes,

Thank you for this post. I am so grateful that you are so lovingly and prayerfully lifting up the nation of america. Something that i wanted to share with you is that God is not done yet. He has in the works a few nations that are being led to come to america and evangelize. One is Reinhard Bonke from south africa. Others are the Nigerians, Australians and the South Koreans. God is even speaking to the Christians in the Chinese underground to go and minister to the muslims, bringing them to salvation. All great things to be praying about. :)

So if people are looking to God and not the news...they will stay in faith and begin to pray for those whom God is sending to evangelize. They will also begin to pray and ask God...what is our role in all of this. And specifically...what is each individual supposed to be doing in this time. There are a lot of people who are going to be coming to know Jesus, and if the churches are not paying attention they will not be prepared to make disciples of all these people. There are going to be needed many workers in many different capacities. And you can be one of the prayer warriors, who is interceding for this nation :)

God has called us and created us all (not just americans) to take care of His stuff...that means He desires that we come together as a whole Body of Christ and minister grace and encouragement to one another, and to sow the seeds of His Word to others. I mean even just the tiniest thing can become huge in the kingdom. Acts 18 is a good place to read about people to imitate. Priscilla and Aquila are great examples as well as all the apostles, and especially Jesus. This is the time that even those like yourself from other countries can really study the promises of God, and the ways of God so that you can be part of the restoration of the Body as a whole. There are many new people that we need to begin to pray that God would begin to prepare their hearts to receive Him, and to get laborers across their paths to speak to them in the way that they will receive.

In 2 kings 7:9 the lepers felt bad for just enjoying themselves, so they decided that they should go and inform the leaders. And as we read vs. 3-9 we can get a jist of the whole event. But what i was shown to realize is that we need to be able to take the blessings of the bountiful harvest to others. There are a lot of people who are spiritually anemic. So as we build ourselves up in faith and God's Word...we then begin to pray about how to bless others. And not just spiritually. If we can bring hope to anyone who is struggling so that they know God is really concerned with their every day needs, then we are blessing the people who God desires to grow and be prospering in their souls and spirits. And thus we can help take the "gospel" to the nations.

Sorry for going on and on...thanks for listening :)
Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance!

All this is driving to the coming of the man of lawlessness.

Staying "Biblical" about all this............NONE of what is happening now is new. Not only that, but it ENCOURAGES me! Yes! For the "signs of the times" show us the fulfillment of what Scripture has said all along, and brings us even closer to the "Day of the Lord," Amen!?

This of course is not to diminish or downplay the suffering that many will go thru. I would dare not make light of that fact. However, we serve a God who answers to no one. We serve a risen Savior who is not unaware. He is no sleeping. He has "gone to prepare a Place for us, and WILL receive us unto Himself at the appointed time.

Meanwhile we pray, "thank you Lord for every breath; every heartbeat; for they are opportunities to live for You as we should, as earthly beacons of Your Truth, lived out in us, so that others might see You THRU us, even in the face of death.

-Soupy

@Mercedes,

Thank you for this post. I am so grateful that you are so lovingly and prayerfully lifting up the nation of america. Something that i wanted to share with you is that God is not done yet. He has in the works a few nations that are being led to come to america and evangelize. One is Reinhard Bonke from south africa. Others are the Nigerians, Australians and the South Koreans. God is even speaking to the Christians in the Chinese underground to go and minister to the muslims, bringing them to salvation. All great things to be praying about. :)

So if people are looking to God and not the news...they will stay in faith and begin to pray for those whom God is sending to evangelize. They will also begin to pray and ask God...what is our role in all of this. And specifically...what is each individual supposed to be doing in this time. There are a lot of people who are going to be coming to know Jesus, and if the churches are not paying attention they will not be prepared to make disciples of all these people. There are going to be needed many workers in many different capacities. And you can be one of the prayer warriors, who is interceding for this nation :)

God has called us and created us all (not just americans) to take care of His stuff...that means He desires that we come together as a whole Body of Christ and minister grace and encouragement to one another, and to sow the seeds of His Word to others. I mean even just the tiniest thing can become huge in the kingdom. Acts 18 is a good place to read about people to imitate. Priscilla and Aquila are great examples as well as all the apostles, and especially Jesus. This is the time that even those like yourself from other countries can really study the promises of God, and the ways of God so that you can be part of the restoration of the Body as a whole. There are many new people that we need to begin to pray that God would begin to prepare their hearts to receive Him, and to get laborers across their paths to speak to them in the way that they will receive.

In 2 kings 7:9 the lepers felt bad for just enjoying themselves, so they decided that they should go and inform the leaders. And as we read vs. 3-9 we can get a jist of the whole event. But what i was shown to realize is that we need to be able to take the blessings of the bountiful harvest to others. There are a lot of people who are spiritually anemic. So as we build ourselves up in faith and God's Word...we then begin to pray about how to bless others. And not just spiritually. If we can bring hope to anyone who is struggling so that they know God is really concerned with their every day needs, then we are blessing the people who God desires to grow and be prospering in their souls and spirits. And thus we can help take the "gospel" to the nations.

Sorry for going on and on...thanks for listening :)
Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance!

Thank you Turtle.
That was so beautiful.

Staying "Biblical" about all this............NONE of what is happening now is new. Not only that, but it ENCOURAGES me! Yes! For the "signs of the times" show us the fulfillment of what Scripture has said all along, and brings us even closer to the "Day of the Lord," Amen!?

This of course is not to diminish or downplay the suffering that many will go thru. I would dare not make light of that fact. However, we serve a God who answers to no one. We serve a risen Savior who is not unaware. He is no sleeping. He has "gone to prepare a Place for us, and WILL receive us unto Himself at the appointed time.

Meanwhile we pray, "thank you Lord for every breath; every heartbeat; for they are opportunities to live for You as we should, as earthly beacons of Your Truth, lived out in us, so that others might see You THRU us, even in the face of death.

-Soupy

Yes this is beautiful too. Thank you.

Back