To the People of California & other States where new laws against our faith are being enacted:

To those of the faith:

Be not afraid, remember what Psalm 37:7 says, “be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him, do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”

Walk in Psalms 91 every day and the Lord will protect us, his people, his inheritance, his portion. As Romans 12:12 says, “be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.”

Remember we are also people of patience waiting for the Lord’s deliverance, His timing, His direction, and His word. Let us continue to intercede for one another and obey God in all things.

Move when God tells you to move. And fight how he tells you to fight. Join President Trumps Colitian for Businesses to protect our religious freedom. He has dedicated $25 million for this purpose!

I close with this: When any evil report arises ask yourself one question. Whose report will you believe?

Love,
Your sister in Christ
Olive

87B9856F-30BD-41DF-95FC-3BDE80D1E96F.jpeg

Hello Olive;

Thank you for your prayer thread. My wife and I were very discouraged living here in the SF Bay Area and in our prayers were so close to moving to another state or leaving the country.

I pastor two churches in Daly City and Hayward, CA, and asked what God wanted us to do. Thousands have already moved out of California, including many Christians. Question, is, who will remain to witness to those who are crying and suffering out to whom?

God pricked our hearts and we felt led to stay here, even as we go into retirement, and hopefully can make a difference and contribution in our daily walk with Christ.

I'm also in the thick of the challenges and natural disasters here in California and will continue to praise God for He remains sovereign in our home state.

God bless you, Olive, and your family.

Hello Olive;

Thank you for your prayer thread. My wife and I were very discouraged living here in the SF Bay Area and in our prayers were so close to moving to another state or leaving the country.

I pastor two churches in Daly City and Hayward, CA, and asked what God wanted us to do. Thousands have already moved out of California, including many Christians. Question, is, who will remain to witness to those who are crying and suffering out to whom?

God pricked our hearts and we felt led to stay here, even as we go into retirement, and hopefully can make a difference and contribution in our daily walk with Christ.

I'm also in the thick of the challenges and natural disasters here in California and will continue to praise God for He remains sovereign in our home state.

Good Day Bob,

Bless you and your wife. Yes we know that feeling of moving, yet because many have, and no one that has left, remembered to stand in the gap, is why our state has made decisions & laws without godly counsel.

May God surround your family as a shield on all sides for your brave decision. May He keep you and bless you and make His face shine upon you. May you prosper in all you put your hands to. May you reap and have all things pertaining to life, in Christ, in peace. In Jesus Holy Name. Amen.

Olive

Bless you and your wife. Yes we know that feeling of moving, yet because many have, and no one that has left, remembered to stand in the gap, is why our state has made decisions & laws without godly counsel.
Olive

Hello Olive;

Thank you for your encouragement. My wife and I really prayed whiling tossing our decision. We have peace about our decision. I do agree with your opening thread which made me remember our police officers and the challenges they have faced in these times.

What small part can we contribute in California? I reached out to our police departments in Daly City and Hayward and had a discussion. They're were happy to accept my invitation to visit our churches during the Holidays, say a few words and allow us to show our appreciation and love for their services.

Our Police Officers

I had a talk with the police representatives in Daly City and Hayward where I pastor and wanted to pass on what we shared.

When I get stopped by a police officer whether day or night, I want to keep my hands on the steering wheel as they approach me.

Growing up in the United States, I have always supported our 1st Amendment rights, however, when I am confronted by a police officer, I choose to exercise my right by giving him or her the benefit of the doubt, with respect to their authority why he or she needs to speak to me.

Just because I'm a tax paying citizen with freedom of speech I need to pick and choose my right when to just "listen."

When the police officer is allowed to do their job and address any concern they may have with me, I have experienced they will give me the right to speak or ask my questions.

A common ground of respect has been established, especially after the police officer has done his or her job. They are aware of my 1st Amendment or tax paying status, however, if I committed a driving violation or an offensive public display, they have the authority to hold me accountable, cite or even arrest me.

Both officers were pleasant to speak with and offered to visit our churches at my request during the Holiday Season.

Serving the community, our police and fire fighters may not perfect, nor is what I shared perfect, but it can be a start and go a long way in finding solutions to break down the brokeness in our state.

Hello Olive;

Thank you for your encouragement. My wife and I really prayed whiling tossing our decision. We have peace about our decision. I do agree with your opening thread which made me remember our police officers and the challenges they have faced in these times.

What small part can we contribute in California? I reached out to our police departments in Daly City and Hayward and had a discussion. They're were happy to accept my invitation to visit our churches during the Holidays, say a few words and allow us to show our appreciation and love for their services.

Our Police Officers

I had a talk with the police representatives in Daly City and Hayward where I pastor and wanted to pass on what we shared.

When I get stopped by a police officer whether day or night, I want to keep my hands on the steering wheel as they approach me.

Growing up in the United States, I have always supported our 1st Amendment rights, however, when I am confronted by a police officer, I choose to exercise my right by giving him or her the benefit of the doubt, with respect to their authority why he or she needs to speak to me.

Just because I'm a tax paying citizen with freedom of speech I need to pick and choose my right when to just "listen."

When the police officer is allowed to do their job and address any concern they may have with me, I have experienced they will give me the right to speak or ask my questions.

A common ground of respect has been established, especially after the police officer has done his or her job. They are aware of my 1st Amendment or tax paying status, however, if I committed a driving violation or an offensive public display, they have the authority to hold me accountable, cite or even arrest me.

Both officers were pleasant to speak with and offered to visit our churches at my request during the Holiday Season.

Serving the community, our police and fire fighters may not perfect, nor is what I shared perfect, but it can be a start and go a long way in finding solutions to break down the brokeness in our state.

Wow! This is soooo helpful & I wish more people could read your post. That was an excellent idea & I often understand the side of officers, since I know a few :) I think if we worked together, citizen with authority, that all will go better with us and God would be pleased. Thank you for the blessings. I appreciate what you do as a Pastor. Stay in the Faith.

Peacefully,
Olive

I've read this thread, and I don't understand what has happened. Can someone please explain.
I 2nd what Annie is asking, what laws have been passed in CA that are against our faith? (I admit that I don't pay much attention to the world) But this sounds like something we should all know.

Back