To those who expect the Day of the Lord

To those who expect the Day of the Lord

The prophet Amos has a few words for you.

"Woe to you who long for the Day of the Lord! Why do you long for the Day of the Lord? That day will be darkness, not light. It will be as though a man fled from a lion only to meet a bear,
As though he entered his house and rested his hand on the wall only to have a snake bite him.
Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light -- pitch dark, without a ray of brightness?"
Amos 5:18-20

The Day of judgment will be great and terrible indeed.

For those who wait His return for His bride:

Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

JeremiahD84 this is a good topic thanks!:)

This was indeed prophesy of judgement on non repentant hearts. these people had turned from serving the Living God to worshipping idols. Even their prayers and offerings were mouth and not heartfelt. What a terrible state.

Just as our Lord taught in the parable of the ten virgins.
Those with their wicks well trimmed, and their lamps filled with oil (The Holy Spirit) shall have the light of the Lord to guide them.

To those who are not prepared, surely darkness awaits.

....I wonder if today will be that day?

..........Something worth thinking about.

It is going to be really scary thats for sure. I guess its sort of like this for alot of people, they think it sounds exciting just hearing about it..and sure when Jesus returns it will be, but what happens before that is terrifying.

Back