Today, I have decided on Christianity and i have a coulle of questions

Test the alleged Church of Christ before you join, as some are very cultic (like the Boston Church of Christ). Ask if they believe that you MUST BE baptized by them to be saved? Ask if they alone are the true "church". I would suggest you really prayerfully study the word for yourself and let the Holy Spirit speak to you through the word. If you join them and decide to go to a baptist church or become orthodox after studying the word will they "disfellowship" you

Thanks everyone for your advice. However, I am still not convinced that Jehovah's witnesses are not true Christians.

Thanks

What would it take then for you to believe what has been said to you about them?

Do you think it was all made up?

Simply google......"Are Jehovah Witnesses Christian".

JW's are not Christians. They teach a perversion of the bible, and people who fall for their line must live lives of dedication to their doctrine, abandoning family and friends, and even making friends outside the religion. If an adherent even begins to ask questions concerning why they believe as they do, they are disciplined and many are fellowshipped. It is a bona fide cult.

JW's are not Christians. They teach a perversion of the bible, and people who fall for their line must live lives of dedication to their doctrine, abandoning family and friends, and even making friends outside the religion. If an adherent even begins to ask questions concerning why they believe as they do, they are disciplined and many are fellowshipped. It is a bona fide cult.
A typo there: the correct word is "disfellowshiped". JW's are completely shunned if they question their doctrines. It breaks hearts and families apart...something that the true Spirit of Christ doesn't do--although making a stand for Jesus Christ can divide a family, Holy Spirit goes to work to bring unity to a family by turning people's hearts toward Him and even each other despite differences.

I think the fact that they don't recognize Jesus as God / diety is the chief issue.

When we believe God died for us it makes us believe / grasp His love for us being at 110% (x millions x trillions x infinity :p). When we believe He was just an arch angel, well...it seems God is a tad insane to let a creation die for a creation. That poor guy. Did he even have a vote / choice on the matter?

Thank you all for your advice again. It's been a while since I've posted this thread. Right now I am in a hospital. However, I am no sure how many weeks ago I did go to jw's on two occasions and on the second occasion I left earlier and I never went back. They are more like a professional business than a religion. I am not talking about the money, but of how robotic and uniformed they are.
A few days ago I was with a nurse( a psychiatric nurse) and he invited me to go to Hillsong church that's not far from where I live. He even said he believes in miracles and all, with is extremely unusual for a psych nurse( or a psychiatrist).
If anyone can be bothered can you say a prayer atleast once for my good stay at the word and for when I get out. I need it.

Thanks

I am not here to disgrace or humiliate anybody, but on the spirit of wickedness that is in him (Eph 6:12)

It has been habitual to the Jehovah’s Witnesses to change their teachings every now and then.They prophesied the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ as early as 1914.When it did not happen, they changed it again and again until scores of members left the society of these “false witnesses”.

Quick Facts:

1914 was one of the more important estimates of the start of the war of Armageddon by the Jehovah’s Witnesses (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society). They computed 1914 from prophecy in the book of Daniel, Chapter 4. The writings referred to “seven times”. The WTS interpreted each “time” as equal to 360 days, giving a total of 2520 days. This was further interpreted as representing 2520 years, measured from the starting date of 607 BCE. This gave 1914 as the target date.

1914, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994 were other dates that the Watchtower Society predicted. 1975 looked likely as it was computed as the 6000th anniversary of the creation of Adam in the Garden of Eden in 4026 BCE. They interpreted Psalms 90:10 as defining the length of a generation to be 80 years. Since 1914 plus 80 equals 1994, they predicted Armageddon would occur around that year. The latest estimate was 6000 years after the creation of Eve, for which no date can be determined with any accuracy.

http://www.preteristarchive.com/StudyArchive/t/theory_false-prophets.html

Let us be reminded that if a prophet prophesied something which did not happen. He is a false prophet!! He is not from God!!

Deut 18:22"When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him."

Back