Today"s Thought .... Like Us

Dusty

Inactive
Today"s Thought .... Like Us

Like Us

Hebrews 2:17..... Therfore , it was necessary for Jesus to be in every respect like us , his brothers and sisters so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest . He then could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people .

Jesus had to leave heaven to take on human flesh . He needed to be like us so that He could understand exactly what it was like to be " Us " . That's why he was not only our sacrifice but is now our advocate .

So to me I can call Jesus my brother and I never thought of it that way before .

Hallelujah for the Lamb !!!!!

Amen sis!
What a perfect sarifice HE was, an a perfect avocate, friend, saviour, and brother!!!
thanks for the post mom:)

Yes, the only way for Christ, our merciful and high priest to represent man before God was to become one of them. One of us.

This was necessary in order for Him to make atonement on our behalf. In order for Christ to turn aside the wrath of God against guilty sinners was to become one with them and die as a substitute for them.

This was recorded in Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
This was all foretold, and had to come to be.

Then if we look at Matthew 3:15
And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

And Romans 6:3
Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Matthew 5:17
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

And especially Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

It all begins to make sense.

Dusty, I really appreciate the wording you used....
Jesus had to leave heaven to take on human flesh .

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He does not change, although He is able to adopt certain attributes. You said that he "Took On" human flesh.
Very well spoken. ;)

Back