Toddlers are great!

kdm1984

Account Closed
I see so much Internet venom toward these little people.

But I love my 18 month old!

Husband and I weren't sure to expect when we had our little one. He'd taken care of some of his younger sister's children, but I had no experience with toddlers at all, being a youngest child whose only experience with children was with preschoolers on up in school and tutoring systems.

My parents told me lots of ego-inflating stories about me and my late older brother growing up.

But I wasn't sure if my little one would be gifted, delayed, or autistic. I'd always heard that my siblings and I were precocious, but I'm an older mother (as was my own mother -- she had me a month before she turned 43!), and children of older mothers always seem to be either very delayed or very advanced.

Well, my little toddler is the cutest, sweetest little guy -- and he's also TOTALLY normal.

He's not very advanced or very behind in anything.

He's more socially adept than I was at that age, showing great eye contact.

He doesn't talk much, but he makes lot of noise. I've read that boys tend to develop language a bit slower than girls.

He's tons of fun. People at church and library love him. Easygoing and doesn't really fuss all that much.

Also, I think toddlers are actually cuter than babies. They have the best of baby cuteness while not looking quite so alien-like, and the best of child cuteness.

I'm really enjoying the toddler stage.

I see so much Internet venom toward these little people.

But I love my 18 month old!

Husband and I weren't sure to expect when we had our little one. He'd taken care of some of his younger sister's children, but I had no experience with toddlers at all, being a youngest child whose only experience with children was with preschoolers on up in school and tutoring systems.

My parents told me lots of ego-inflating stories about me and my late older brother growing up.

But I wasn't sure if my little one would be gifted, delayed, or autistic. I'd always heard that my siblings and I were precocious, but I'm an older mother (as was my own mother -- she had me a month before she turned 43!), and children of older mothers always seem to be either very delayed or very advanced.

Well, my little toddler is the cutest, sweetest little guy -- and he's also TOTALLY normal.

He's not very advanced or very behind in anything.

He's more socially adept than I was at that age, showing great eye contact.

He doesn't talk much, but he makes lot of noise. I've read that boys tend to develop language a bit slower than girls.

He's tons of fun. People at church and library love him. Easygoing and doesn't really fuss all that much.

Also, I think toddlers are actually cuter than babies. They have the best of baby cuteness while not looking quite so alien-like, and the best of child cuteness.

I'm really enjoying the toddler stage.
My son is 28 years old, and although I have thoroughly enjoyed the privilege of parenting him, the most memorable and enjoyable period of time when rearing him was between the ages of 2 and 5. That's when kids are so fascinating and fun. I miss those years.

Yeh I loved that age with mine and my granddaughter. They can do more than just cry and sleep at that age. They are comical and have no sense of wrongdoing.
No wonder Jesus liked little children.
Everything is still new and the world is a treasure chest of sensory input.

I loved their Childlike faith when they reach about 3 and 4 too when they start to believe in the tooth fairy and Santa and wait patiently for their gifts at Xmas and for their tooth to be replaced by something else! You could tell them anything and they would believe! I once told my son I had eyes at the back of my head and one day on the way to school someone was doing something on the way up the drive and my son was behind me and he said “ mummy get you back eye out and look what he’s doing”

it’s a good lesson in faith when we watch small children!

Back