Too Busy for Our Own Good

Too Busy for Our Own Good

juggler-300x300.jpg
Does anyone else have a hard time getting everything done? No matter how early I get up or how late I go to bed, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything that I need to do. I feel like a juggler that is always adding one more ball to the mix. Is it just me or does anyone else feel that way?

A big problem I've noticed recently is that I have so many things going on at one time that I make stupid mistakes. For example, I put a load of clothes in the dryer but forgot to turn it on. I came back later and wondered what in the world was wrong with my dryer. Oh, and get this one. While loading the dishwasher, I put my husband's travel coffee mug in with the lid on. Guess what? It was still dirty after the wash cycle finished. Go figure!:smiley10:

Some days I feel like I'm losing my mind. Other days I wonder if I ever had one to begin with. It's just so hard to slow down and enjoy life. It's even harder to make certain that I'm spending time on the right things. I read a passage talking about that this morning.

And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. - Luke 9:59-62

Here Jesus is inviting others to join Him. He is challenging them to follow Him and to serve. Each man has the same answer. "I will, Lord, but not now." "In a minute, Lord!" "No problem, Lord, but first. . ."

Ouch, ouch, and double ouch!!!! Those verses hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. Why? Because I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I sometimes feel the Lord impressing me to send a card to someone, but I have so much to do, so what do I say? "Later, Lord." Tuesday morning I saw a woman leaving the grocery store. She was leaning on a crutch, trying to hold her bag and her umbrella, and scrounging in her purse to find her keys. I felt the Lord whisper, "Help her." Did I? I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't. My mind was on the many things I needed to get done and the fact that I didn't want to spend any more time in the rain. So, I ignored Him. It didn't take long for regret to set in. Would it have really been that hard or taken that long to help the woman? No! Oh, how I wish I had.

No matter how busy we get in our daily lives, let us not grow too busy to hear and obey the voice of God. May we not put if off. May we not ignore His heeding. May our answer be, "Here am I, Lord. I will obey."

(This is today's post from my blog, A Word Fitly Spoken.)

Thanks danagirl a great post yes I find myself to busy at times so i know just want you mean. May God bless you ...love Jane

Attachments

• praying_hands.gif
    praying_hands.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 104
  • religs_0004.jpg
    religs_0004.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 88
Stop And Smell the Roses.

Thank you for this post . I think satan pushes us in this country to be busy, busy , busy for all the wrong reasons and it is of course to take our focus off Jesus . We do need to step back and say what does not get done today will get done tomorrow and as I remember that verse ....... Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof..

I am guilty of the same things as the Holy Spirit prompts through out the day . We all miss out on the blessing when we are disobedient . Just thinking of an instance where I did feel prompted to help a blind person in the store as he was groping for articles . He was so grateful for my help and wanted to take me for coffee after but I declined and maybe that could have been my oportunity to share Jesus with him and I missed it .

Remember the saying " Stop and smell the roses" . Yes we really need to stop , rein ourselves in and say " Yes Lord , my purpose is to serve You "

Retirememt gives a person a different outlook on life as well and when I look back , I say " How did I do all that I did in one day ? " We need to delegate to others , slow down and stop and smell the roses . God Bless.

I agree, with the post above me! I find that if we take more time to "Stop and smell the roses", and just make time for God, He will help you work through everything else. I feel swamped at work all the time because we are short handed and after that I go home and try and relax but I feel like if I relax I'm not getting things done that need to be done. I find that if I write things down and schedule all of my at home and at work tasks out that helps as well. Creating a To-Do list every morning helps me as well. Don't get discouraged if you can't get everything done, just do what you can and move what you couldn't get done to the next day.

I use a schedule book and carry it with me where ever I go. I schedule everything including special family time (which is priority anyhow). It helps to stay focused on what needs to be done so we don't get side tracked.

Does anyone else have a hard time getting everything done? No matter how early I get up or how late I go to bed, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything that I need to do. I feel like a juggler that is always adding one more ball to the mix. Is it just me or does anyone else feel that way?

Ha, ha, ha.... yes, everyday I have to work hard to get everything done. I get up at 4 and hit the ground running. I take time everyday to exercise and read the bible. Exercise gives me the energy to keep going and reading the bible gives me peace in every storm and there are no shortages of storms.

'Time' is an issue today because we live in such a 'fast' world being taught 'you can do everything.'

Life 'used' to be simplier with less 'paper work.'

I raise three boys,and homeschooled two of them.

I wonder now, being I'm 56 years old, how I ever provided for my family.

You see, my husband works, and I do all of the household chores even mowing two acres with weedeating.

Not complaining because I feel bless~

Now that I'm older, I think I have more time with the Lord...

Nothing in this world is more important than our time with the Lord.

Being 'committed' to other Christians,and not self only...

Bless you, Danagirl...for taking the time to post this subject....

Satan's Meeting

Calling a worldwide convention of demons, in his opening address, Satan proclaimed "We can't keep Christians from going to church!", "We can't keep them from reading their bibles, and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their savior."
"Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power is broken."
"So let them go to their churches. Let them have there covered dish dinners. But steal their time, so they do not have time to develope a relationship with Jesus."
"This is what I want you to do!
Distract them from gaining hold of their savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day."
How shall we do this, bellowed his demons?
"Keep them busy in the essentials of life and invert numerous schemes to occupy their minds. Tempt them to spend, spend, spend and borrow, borrow, borrow. Persusade the wives to go to work for long hours and husbands to work 7 days a week 12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles. Keep them form spending time with their children as their families fragment. Soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work. Over stimulate their minds, so they cannot hear that still, small voice. Entice them, to play the radio, or pop in a cassett, whenever they are driving, to keep the TV, CD's, and PC's on constantly while at home. See to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays worldy music, jamming their minds and breaking their union with Christ." "Pile high the magazines and newspapers on the coffee table. Pound them with news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletters, and promotional materials offering free products, services and false hopes. Keep the skinny,​

beautiful models in magazine covers and TV, so that outward beauty is what is deemed important, and that the husbands will become dissatisfied with their wives. Keep their wives too tired to live their husbands at night, and give them headaches too!"
"If they don't give their husbands the love they need, they begin to look else where fragmenting their famlies even quicker. Even in their recreation let them be excessive, returning home totally exhausted.
Keep them too tired to go out and bask in the reflection of God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sproting events, plays, concerts and movies. Keep them busy, busy busy! And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk. so they leave with a troubled conscience. Crowd their lives with so many good causes, they have no time to seek power from Jesus."
"Soon! they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing health and family for the good of the cause."
"IT WILL WORK! IT WILL WORK! It's a great plan!"
Eagerly his demons, hurried to their assignments, causing Christians everywhere to get busier, more rushed, having little time for God and their families. Having no time to tell others about the power of Jesus Christ to change lives...

The question is this...
Has Satan been successful? You be the judge.
Does BUSY mean...
Being
Under
Satans
Yoke​

I noticed if I read, pray, and work out in the morning hours it gets done, but if I don't; then it doesn't get done for the rest of the day. Which brings me to todays quote: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."~Aristotle~

"Too Busy for Our Own Good" reminds me of what I heard years ago:

If you are too busy to spend time with Jesus you're just too busy.

Back