Too Late!

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Too Late!

Then He came the third time and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? It is enough!" (Mark 14:41)

"It is enough!" How these words from the Master stung the disciples! They were given the opportunity to share a sacred moment with Jesus. they failed Him. This time, not even Peter had an answer for Jesus.
Jesus forgave them, and they went on to experience God working powerfully through their lives, but that unique moment with their Lord was lost. The angels had comforted the Savior on that lonely night as He prepared for the cross, not the disciples. Scripture indicates that the disciples later became diligent in prayer, but the memory of that night would remain with them for the rest of their lives.
Like the disciples, you receive unique opportunites to serve your Lord. There are times when Jesus will ask you to join Him as He is at work in the life of your friend, family, or coworker. If you are preoccupied with your own needs, you will miss the blessing of sharing in His divine activity.
God is gracious; He forgives, and He provides other opportunities. He will even use our failings to brings about good, but it is critical that we respond in obedience to every prompting from God. God does not need our obedience; He has legions of angels prepared to do His bidding when we fail Him. The loss is ours as we miss what God wants to do in our lives.
Respond immediately when God speaks to you. His will for you is perfect, and it leads to abundant life.

Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

What does this says about our rewards in heaven? If we are obedient to the calling of God there is a great award that awaits us in Heaven. For at the Judgement for the saved, we will be rewarded for what we have done in the body both bad and good. Let's pray that we are more sensitive to the presence of God. It is more important what He has to say to us than what we have to say to Him.

God bless you all

Godbe4me:israel::preach::amen::jesus-sign:

Amen gb4m.... That's a good and timely word . it boils down to ..... Only one life will soon be passed ... only what's done for the Lord will last.

This is such a terrific post!!!
Praise HIS name!!
How many times people do not follow the voice of the LORD, I know I have been guilty of this so many times, from simple fear of what other's may think. But, I am beginning to care much, much less about their thoughts and wanting to please my LORD..
God does not need our obedience; He has legions of angels prepared to do His bidding when we fail Him. The loss is ours as we miss what God wants to do in our lives.

How true this is.. I heard once that someone asked a preacher why GOD needed them to fall to their knees and pray to HIM, the preacher responded, he doesn't need it, you do!

We need our LORD. He was here before us, created us, and will be here forever, HIS power is unimaginable, To humble ourselves to HIM would do us much good.

Back