Too Much Love

According to Jesus' example and His teaching love is the foremost of all actions a Christian can achieve. Love is hard to comprehend even though we all want it. It's hard to express our feeling of it and hard to express our appreciation when we receive it. Love is a hard thing and yet it is the greatest commandment Christ gave us.

I Corinthians 13:13 (NASB) says, "But now faith, hope, and love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love".

John 13:34 (NASB) says, "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another".

Did you see that? The new commandment is the greatest commandment. There is apparently an ranking of the commandments God gave but Jesus Christ said that love is foremost among all.

If you will notice, the others are all gifts where love is an attribute.

We can be thankful that because of Christ's presence within us we can now exude the character of Christ in the gifts of our new attributes ascribed by our faith in Him. Thank you, 2404. (Can't get Bold to retreat, lol)

attribute

noun

at·tri·bute | \ ˈa-trə-ˌbyüt \

Definition of attribute

1: a quality, character, or characteristic ascribed to someone or something
-has leadership attributes
2: an object closely associated with or belonging to a specific person, thing, or office
-a scepter is the attribute of power
-especially : such an object used for identification in painting or sculpture
3 grammar : a word ascribing a quality
especially :
ADJECTIVE

This Author Note: Definition copied from Merriam-Webster.com; an open source public access reference website.

Last edited:
Back