Total wholeness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace (spiritual favor and blessing) to you and [heart] peace from God our Father.

Shalom means nothing broken, nothing missing in simple terms. But here is the official definition.....
H7965
Original: שׁלם שׁלום

Transliteration: shâlôm shâlôm

Phonetic: shaw-lome'

BDB Definition:

1. completeness, soundness, welfare, peace
    1. completeness (in number)
    2. safety, soundness (in body)
    3. welfare, health, prosperity
    4. peace, quiet, tranquillity, contentment
    5. peace, friendship
      1. of human relationships
      2. with God especially in covenant relationship
    6. peace (from war)
    7. peace (as adjective)
Origin: from H7999

TWOT entry: 2401a

Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

Strong's Definition: From H7999; safe, that is, (figuratively) well, happy, friendly ; also (abstractly) welfare, that is, health, prosperity, peace: - X do, familiar, X fare, favour, + friend, X greet, (good) health, (X perfect, such as be at) peace (-able, -ably), prosper (-ity, -ous), rest, safe (-ly), salute, welfare, (X all is, be) well, X wholly.

And stems from...
H7999
Original: שׁלם

Transliteration: shâlam

Phonetic: shaw-lam'

BDB Definition:

1. to be in a covenant of peace, be at peace
    1. (Qal)
      1. to be at peace
      2. peaceful one (participle)
    2. (Pual) one in covenant of peace (participle)
    3. (Hiphil)
      1. to make peace with
      2. to cause to be at peace
    4. (Hophal) to live in peace
  2. to be complete, be sound
    1. (Qal)
      1. to be complete, be finished, be ended
      2. to be sound, be uninjured
    2. (Piel)
      1. to complete, finish
      2. to make safe
      3. to make whole or good, restore, make compensation
      4. to make good, pay
      5. to requite, recompense, reward
    3. (Pual)
      1. to be performed
      2. to be repaid, be requited
    4. (Hiphil)
      1. to complete, perform
      2. to make an end of
Origin: a primitive root

TWOT entry: 2401c

Part(s) of speech: Verb

Strong's Definition: A primitive root; to be safe(in mind, body or estate); figuratively to be(causatively make) completed ; by implication to be friendly ; by extension to reciprocate (in various applications): - make amends, (make an) end, finish, full, give again, make good, (re-) pay (again), (make) (to) (be at) peace (-able), that is perfect, perform, (make) prosper (-ous), recompense, render, requite, make restitution, restore, reward, X surely.

As a teenage girl... my desire was to be totally protected and surrounded by God. I thought that if I lived in a church it would fix that, that i would always have that sense of peace and protection like we find talked about in ps 91. To be covered by His pinions, and be secure in the shadow of His wings. But in all honesty, I had no idea how to achieve that, except to be in a church building (interesting how a young mind thinks...lol...). But I soon realized that, that was an unrealistic viewpoint.

But now that I'm older and am growing in the Lord... I have come to understand from the Holy Spirit, that this was not an unrealistic viewpoint or desire. But a very attainable place. We just need to know how to get there.

The starting point I believe is prayer. Asking The Father to show us. Then as we study and meditate upon the Word and let Him guide us to the truth.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back