Train Yourself to be Holy

1 Peter 1:13-16
Therefore gird up the loins of your mind (Romans 12:2), be sober (alert) and rest your hope fully upon the grace (Charis....favor, lovingkindness, of the merciful kindness by which God exerting His Holy Influence upon souls, turns them to Christ (the anointing), keeps, strengthens, increases them in faith, knowledge, and affection for Christ-like ways and kindles them to the exercize of the Christ-like virtues (Thayer)) that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, not conforming (Romans 12:1-2) yourselves to the former lusts as in your ignorance, but as He Who called you is Holy you also be Holy in all your conduct because it is written be Holy as I am Holy (hagios - physically pure, morally blameless) easy english.....The Bible says be completely good, because I (God) am completely good (Lev. 11:44-45; 19:2; 20:7; 26)

1 Peter 4:1-2
Therefore since Christ suffered (made His flesh submit (James 4:10) to death on the cross) in the flesh (1 John 2:2) arm yourselves also with the same mind (the attitude of making your flesh resist (James 4:7) worldly ways) for He Who suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God (Jn 1:13)

1 John 5:1, 4-5
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ (anointed one) is born of God (Jn 1:13) and everyone who loves Him Who Begot (God) also loves Him Who is Begotten (Jesus) of Him.
For whoever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world....our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

John 1:12-13
But as many as received Him to them gave He the power (excusia - the power of authority and of right (privilege) ~ the ability or the strength with which one is endued, with which he either possesses or exercizes, capacity) to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name which were born (of God making men His sons through faith in the anointed one (gennao)) not of blood nor of the will of the flesh, or the will of man, but of God.

1 John 5:18-20
We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps (guards) himself and the wicked one touches him not! (Hallelujah)
We know that we are of God and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know (ginosko~ to know intimately) Him Who is true and we are in Him (1Jn 5:4) Who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them (vs.3...every spirit thst does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh) because He Who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

2 Peter 13-4
As His divine Power (dunamis ~ ability.....inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature) has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him Who called us by glory and virtue (aretē ~ moral excellence or valor) by which have been to us exceedingly great and precious promises that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption (phthora ~ depravity, moral decay) that is in the world (the ungodly multitude..worlds system...the whole mass of people alienated from God, and therefore hostle to the cause of Christ (The Anointed One) through lust (epithumia ~ a deisre for what is forbidden, craving, longing)

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance :)

Amen sister this is really great! I just want to say to that Grace gives us the ability to overcome sin through faith just as Jesus did it too in the flesh. He has given us that power. When we overcome sin then we are following in Jesus footsteps. Sin in a Christian's life should be the exception not the norm. But one cannot cease without first being free. We eat and drink and sleep to strengthen our bodies, yet many Christians don't pray, read the word of God, or meditate on what they read thereby starving their spirit. When that happens they cannot fight off the enemy and surrender to sin and because they sin they doubt the things of the spirit and then the promises of God. Some Christians need a swift kick in the pants too to do what is right. Some need pain old fashioned discipline, which is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Without Him, even Jesus in the flesh could not overcome. So when you find you cannot overcome any sin at all, see if you're in the faith...saved. Sin will never be eradicated in our flesh until we get our glorified body, but there are sever consequences for living in sin. That is the parable of the ten virgins. In these rough times everyone says be prepared, buy food and water for those times, but in these rough times we need to focus on Jesus and surrender and act like sons of God as we are commanded. (y)

Amen sister this is really great! I just want to say to that Grace gives us the ability to overcome sin through faith just as Jesus did it too in the flesh. He has given us that power. When we overcome sin then we are following in Jesus footsteps. Sin in a Christian's life should be the exception not the norm. But one cannot cease without first being free. We eat and drink and sleep to strengthen our bodies, yet many Christians don't pray, read the word of God, or meditate on what they read thereby starving their spirit. When that happens they cannot fight off the enemy and surrender to sin and because they sin they doubt the things of the spirit and then the promises of God. Some Christians need a swift kick in the pants too to do what is right. Some need pain old fashioned discipline, which is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Without Him, even Jesus in the flesh could not overcome. So when you find you cannot overcome any sin at all, see if you're in the faith...saved. Sin will never be eradicated in our flesh until we get our glorified body, but there are sever consequences for living in sin. That is the parable of the ten virgins. In these rough times everyone says be prepared, buy food and water for those times, but in these rough times we need to focus on Jesus and surrender and act like sons of God as we are commanded. (y)

Hey had a thought and a picture as I read this. Remember those old adds in the comic books and so forth for muscle beach ? They would show all these muscle bound guys lifting girls for work out weights and some wimpy looking guy getting sand thrown in his face and he gets the add and does what it says and comes back to the muscle beach in glory. rofl

Todays Christians - God supplied the Faith and supplied the work out program ( His word and ways ) and we still have Faith wimps moaning in the desert claiming I have faith in God and that is all there is or you cant build up your faith............Hmmm wonder how much spiritual sand the devil kicks in their faces ? OMG to funny but very sad and unexceptable !!

Thanks for the images and thoughts bro ;)
Blessings
Jim

Ya know while talking to my mom tonight...God took my concept up a notch, and it goes right along with what you have said... In 2 Corinthians 3:14 it says that their minds were hardened. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the old testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. This verse can be applied to sin, because when a person is walking in sin, they fall under the law so to speak. And the devil makes sure that they cannot see their way out. The only way to lift the veil is to renew one's mind with the Word of God and begin to walk in His ways. It does not matter how many times they fall down, for they are learning just like a toddler. And when they repent and get back up...their faith legs grow stronger. The Blood of Jesus still covers them and makes them righteous in God's sight, but they are developing and training their flesh ( mind, will, and emotions) to submit to God's ways of doing things. Then as time goes by they get better and stronger in resisting the enemy (in the power of the Holy Spirit) and they grow more aware of the devil's tricks.

My pastor was telling of a time when he was in a crusade and God allowed him to see what people looked like spiritually. He said that they had big heads and super thin anemic bodies. It was awful he said. He then said that God told him that when we don't do as you were mentioning, about feeding our spirits...this is what we look like and the reason why we cannot fight the enemy.

As i read over what i am sharing it tuggs at my heart because in all reality many people are clueless to what is really going on in the spirit realm. And they are ignorant of how the devil comes in to steal the Word, even as it is being preached. I was that way for so many years. And several times, i have seen exactly when the veil covered my eyes, and my heart became somewhat hardned to the things of the spirit, and walking closely with God...all because i wanted to do things my way.

You are right that many people need a good swift kick....but in all reality it was the grace and Love of the Father that turned my life around. The church sermons that i enjoyed were the ones of fire and brimstone, and its time for those to be mixed with a lot of sharing the Love of Jesus and what His Blood purchased for us, and how to walk and live free in the Anointing that God poured out upon Jesus. That burden removing, yoke destroying Anointing.

And as i looked over at my Bible...a verse stood out to me, Romans 6:6 ~ knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with (my favorite is rendered inoperative) that we should no longer be slaves to sin.

Blessings and thanks for the wonderful response! :)

1 John 1:5-7
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 3:24
Now he (us) who keeps His (God's) commandments abides in Him, and He (God) in him (us). And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Holy Spirit whom He has given us.

As i was reading God blessed me to see this devotion i pray it blesses you all :)

kindness of God leads you to repentance? Romans 2:4
love.png

This is a radical statement that the Jews of Paul’s day and the religious legalists of our day reject. They refuse to accept that the goodness of God is sufficient motivation for people to turn from sin. They insist that fear of punishment is a superior motivator.

It is true that fear is a more familiar motivator to most people. Even a lost person or carnal Christian can identify with fear and respond to it. But as 1 John 4:18 states, “Fear hath torment.” Those who respond to God through fear will also be tormented with thoughts of doubt and condemnation as to whether they have done enough. Fear will move some toward God, but it is inferior to love. There is nothing that fear can do that love can’t do better and without the side effect of torment.

Those motivated to seek God because of fear if they didn’t will cease to be motivated when things are going well. They become the ones who only pray when they are in trouble. Those who come to God because of His goodness will see God as the source of their success and continue to serve God in the good and the bad times.

The world, and especially religion, has used negative reasons to motivate us. The Gospel uses the positive reason of God’s great love to draw us unto God. We need to renew our minds to line up with God’s thinking

Back