Transformations in 1 Corinthians 9:19-23

A friend has recently expressed some profound experiences that I myself cannot explain. I have thusly turned to scripture to shed some Light and to offer possible understandings. The story sounds very strange, but at times, my friend has said, she feels outside of herself. At others, she feels inside of different things. I have had conversations with my community about these feelings and I was directed to a passage [1 Corinthians 9:19-23] in which Paul uses his freedom to transform himself to save others:

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Paul alters himself to appear like other people to that he might have empathy to their way of being and help them to see the Light. However, in my friend's case she is transformed into things and things into her. I have told her this must be a sign. But a sign of what? Do you think I could use this passage to suggest that her experiences be used like Paul's to develop empathy for other ways of being? Perhaps things too might be saved. If they can be demonic, perhaps they too can be angelic. How beautiful would a world of truly Christian things be!

I await any thoughts or directions you might suggest.

Back