Trees

Michael Collum

Inactive
Trees

So ... when you look at a tree? what do you see? and what kind of tree would you be?

Genesis 1:11
Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so.

SO i see ./. trees are trrees because .. they are so . because God said so .. this is why trees are .

Mark 8:24
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

And if i were a tree .. well .. let's hope i had some fruit ..

Matthew 21:18-22

18Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
19And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!
21Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

May be i wood hope that i were a mustard kind of tree .

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Luke 13:18-20

18Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
19It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it. 20And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?

But .. then aggan .. maebe i will be ann ooaak type tree ..

Isaiah 61:3
and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Or maebe .. i whill bhe .. planted bay streemz of living whater .

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

So .. i dunno .. there are some trees that are good to be .. but some not so much ..

Isaiah 14:8
Even the pine trees and the cedars of Lebanon exult over you and say, "Now that you have been laid low, no woodsman comes to cut us down."

Isaiah 37:24
By your messengers you have heaped insults on the Lord. And you have said, 'With my many chariots I have ascended the heights of the mountains, the utmost heights of Lebanon. I have cut down its tallest cedars, the choicest of its pines. I have reached its remotest heights, the finest of its forests.

So .. maebe .. being the lowliest of trees is the trick ...

Matthew 13:31-33 (King James Version)

31Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

maebe ..

Malachi 4:2
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

so keep growing you trees! stretch out your arms in praise to the sun of Righteousness! .. Jesus Christ :) the great vine of all us branches :D

As you have seen, trees represent men, and often particularly THE man, Christ Jesus.

He is the two trees of the garden (of Life and Death) what makes the difference is whether you approach him from faith or disbelief. (Same as water, and fire which either cause death or life.)

The cross is a tree and also represents Christ. When Christ hangs on Christ it says that he laid down his own life. No one took it.

The riddle "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree." is designed to make us meditate on the difference of hanging on Jesus rather than dwelling within him. What he said to Mary at the resurrection is parallel, Woman, don't cling to or hang on to me.

Allegorically they are attached to the earth but reaching for the heavens, which is why they represent the dual-natured man. The word for leaves also means tribes, so the tree in the Garden in Rev has the tribes with a purpose of doing good works.

The tree that withered is, depending on the voice, man, Israel, Christ.
This is prophetic recapitulation.

Adam was fruitless, bearing no fruit.
Israel was worthless bearing no fruit
Jesus in the flesh was desolate, not bearing fruit until after he rose from the grave.

The cursing of it is associated with cleansing the temple.

The temple is man... don't you know that you are the temple?
The temple is Israel, which needed cleansed from the inside out.
The temple is Christ, which was cursed to be torn down, and who bore our curse on the tree.

Thanks Bob, reading that put a smile on my face .

blessings,

Well then you can smile again. This verse is what I call a definition verse:

De 20:19 When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man’s life) to employ them in the siege:

Many verses will use a tree as a man, but this one defines it as such.

Back