Triune or Single???

So many churches teach of a Triune God. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. When I listen to Rabbi's they say Singular, when I hear a preacher I hear Triune. When I read the Bible and research it. I see singular like the Rabbi's.

Example scriptures: Isaiah 9:6 says: He will be called Everlasting Father
Matthew 1:23 says: He will be called Immanuel: God with Us
John 20:22 says: And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit.
John 1:1 says: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 8:58 says: Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (saying he was the burning bush in Moses in Exodus 3:14 says: And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”)

Many have a hard time believing Jesus is God in the flesh, yet He reveals himself all through scripture. Many believers believe the law/commandments of God are null and void after His death, but Jesus himself in Matthew 5:17-19, which says: 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So are we taught wrong in Churches. It looks that way. Are churches today teaching we can control God? I think so... Are they making the House of God a marketplace? I think they are with their coffee houses, and stage shows... It is time to wake the Saints. To see the scripture for what it truly is. It is Hebrew from cover to cover, yet we don't celebrate the Sabbath in honor of the smallest of the commandments. Many believers don't really understand the feast and festivals either. I am not perfect and I still have a lot to learn and I don't want to insult God, because I believe He is Yeshua (Hebrew name of Jesus) Narrow is the gate Jesus says. Get to know God and build a relationship with Him, and not just a God who can always get you what you want and you think you can control Him. He came on earth in the flesh so we may be a reflection of His light.

Jesus says in Matthew 10: 7-10: 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9 Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, 10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.

In closing... Jesus came to show us how to live since he was the living Torah. He gave His word freely, so why are many marketing his word for financial gain? Once you see the Truth, one will never be the same.

Kind of a rambling collection of comments you have there. I would suggest that in the future that you stick to one concept per thread, makes it less confusing, especially if anyone would intend to reply.

As to what I assume is the main point, what the Rabbis say is of no importance, we are not Jewish.

The vast majority of Christians are Trinitarian because that is what scripture suggest is the truth and what the Saints and Fathers of the Church have confirmed as being the truth.

You have God the Father, God the Son who lived among us as Jesus and who has inherited all authority from the Father, and there is the Holy Spirit, who proceeds from the Father (and the Son if you accept the Filioque) and abides with the Saints.

All three are "God", and all three have their own characteristics as individual beings, thus the doctrine of the Trinity.

To answer the title of the post...no time to sort through the rest..... God is one, in essence He is three.

peter

He said, "I am YHVH, your Elohim, and there is none else." There was no God formed before Him nor after Him. He is the Father and He is the Son and He is the Holy Spirit, but the Father is not the Son or the Spirit, the Son not the Father or the Spirit, and the Spirit not the Father or the Son. YHVH is one and only one God who has reveled Himself in three persons (who are a unity)....all else is commentary and opinion and not fully comprehensible to any mere human this side of glory.

He said, "I am YHVH, your Elohim, and there is none else." There was no God formed before Him nor after Him. He is the Father and He is the Son and He is the Holy Spirit, but the Father is not the Son or the Spirit, the Son not the Father or the Spirit, and the Spirit not the Father or the Son. YHVH is one and only one God who has reveled Himself in three persons (who are a unity)....all else is commentary and opinion and not fully comprehensible to any mere human this side of glory.

Agreed!

And that is all I got to say about that
Forest Gump

Elohim is the first word for God in the bible in Genesis 1:1. It's plural.... More than 2.
(Hebrew is interesting that it has singular, dual, and plural....)
But grammatically - Elohim is used as singular in reference to God...

If you look at The Shema - the classic Jewish statement of faith in Deuteronomy 6:4..
Shema Yisrael YHWH Eloheinu YHWH ehad

Eloheinu is plural posessive of Elohim... Literally "our Gods" but since Elohim is "singular" - it becomes "our God"...

There's this word "ehad".. Translated as "one"... but it carries the connotation of unity... One-ness, not aloneness...

Adam and Eve were "ehad" - one flesh.... United... not Siamese twins....

As you can see... I don't have any issue with Trinity and Unity at the same time...

Answering the op: Man is three parts, yet one, just like the image of God - 3 in 1. Anything from God is God. He uses the word "son" for Jesus because the "Father" sent Him, a relationship example we can comprehend. The WORD became flesh, Gen 1:3, John 1:1-4. My words cannot exists outside my being, but God's did. God is God, One. Can the universe hold God? No, for all of it resides in the palm of His hand, Isa 40:12, therefore when Solomon built the temple for God to reside in, only His Name did - literally, 1 Chron 28:3, 2 Chron 6:5.

So many point out the distinct parts of God so hence the confusion. We like to say "Father" "Son" and "Holy Spirit" but when it comes to the Spirit, there are actually seven, Isa 11:2, which are before the throne, Rev 1:4, 4:5. With the myriad of diversity of life on earth, can God be anything but One and All, Col 3:11?

One account of someone having died and gone to heaven said when they saw Jesus' feet, they could feel love coming from them! Don't try and understand all the nuances of God, nor try to put Him into a box of understanding, you'll only give up in frustration and confusion. God is One and God is All.

Here is my question, in Genesis 3:8: God walked in the Garden in the cool of the day. - First note God is singular. So if one believes it is Triune, which God is walking in the Garden? The Father, Son, or Holy Spirit? Does God have legs?

John said: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (singular, which explains the Word was with God) 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. So Yeshua/Jesus is the Word, which is God, that Word became flesh and dwelt among us. All singular.

When I look up Spirit (Ruah) from Genesis 1:2, the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the earth. Spirit = breath (This is the first time spirit is used in the old testament)
I find it interesting when I look up soul (Nepes) from Genesis 2:7, when it says: and a man became a living soul. Soul = breath (this is the first time soul is used in the old testament)

The first time Spirit is used in Matthew; spirit means wind or breath.
Father (Ab) is defined in Hebrew as: originator, founder/creator. (Singular)
Son (ben) is defined in Hebrew as: a term that often assumes messianic significance. (Singular)

So in all truth God the Father is our originator, creator. The Son is a term used for messianic significance. The Holy Spirit is the breath of God. Nothing triune. "I and My Father are One."... John 10:30

I can be called father, son, or by my real name, or even a term of endearment. That doesn't make me many. I am still one. The Trinitarian belief is a false doctrine in my eyes. For 280 years the converts that followed Jesus/Yeshua, and disciples, were to follow the ways ordained by God/Yeshua. They were to learn and follow the commandments, calendar, dietary laws, and appointed feast days. Yeshua is the Torah, and NONE of it has been abolished. I have a hard time with the word of God being divided into Old and New Testament. All are a Testament. There is nothing new that isn't carried over from the supposed old testament. The supposed New Testament is nothing more that the fulfillment of what was said in the supposed Old Testament. The WHOLE book is Hebrew from cover to cover. None of the early believers had a New Testament. They only had the TORAH, and the prophets.

Answering the op: Man is three parts, yet one, just like the image of God - 3 in 1. Anything from God is God. He uses the word "son" for Jesus because the "Father" sent Him, a relationship example we can comprehend. The WORD became flesh, Gen 1:3, John 1:1-4. My words cannot exists outside my being, but God's did. God is God, One. Can the universe hold God? No, for all of it resides in the palm of His hand, Isa 40:12, therefore when Solomon built the temple for God to reside in, only His Name did - literally, 1 Chron 28:3, 2 Chron 6:5.

So many point out the distinct parts of God so hence the confusion. We like to say "Father" "Son" and "Holy Spirit" but when it comes to the Spirit, there are actually seven, Isa 11:2, which are before the throne, Rev 1:4, 4:5. With the myriad of diversity of life on earth, can God be anything but One and All, Col 3:11?

One account of someone having died and gone to heaven said when they saw Jesus' feet, they could feel love coming from them! Don't try and understand all the nuances of God, nor try to put Him into a box of understanding, you'll only give up in frustration and confusion. God is One and God is All.
Explain how a man is three parts?

er.
can be both!
3 in 1.
It's like when you are married you are two but become one.

I don't really have problem grasping this. When Jesus said 'I and my Father are one' I just know what he means. It does not mean He is the Father. The Father has a Son. Both have the Holy Spirit. All is God. God is a generic term. Actually the Lord God is being specific. Father is of course Lord but back in the OT the israelites did not refer to Him that way, when Jesus came He made that relationship personal.
Father has a son who we call Jesus who is also our Lord, cos when a King has a son, he has a Prince and the Prince is going to inherit the Kingdom. So when Jesus was on earth people recognised he was going to be King. And we know this cos he is our King. When we say Lord of Lords and King of Kings we mean Jesus above anyone else on earth.

God almighty, the creator, He is above everyone else. Jesus came out directly from Him. And was with Him from the beginning. But his manifestation of earth was timebound. We know Jesus prayed to his Heavenly Father he was not praying to Himself. Also the Holy Spirit came upon him at baptism. He had to live on earth as a man and go through temptation and trial and suffer and die and be weak and tired and hungry just like you and me.

So you are saying in other words: Flesh, Psyche (mind), and breath. All are in one. It makes up one being. Take one away and what do you have?
I say what I said, Body, Soul and Spirit. Take one, the living soul dies. Ecclesiastes says the Spirit returns to God and the body to the earth... but the soul's destination is to be determined.

I say what I said, Body, Soul and Spirit. Take one, the living soul dies. Ecclesiastes says the Spirit returns to God and the body to the earth... but the soul's destination is to be determined.
Still singular, because once we are raised on judgment day all will be one like we are today as I sit here and write you. We have one Judge, who is the author and finisher of all things.

Back