Trouble

Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
Call to me in times of trouble.
I will save you, and you will honor me.“
Psalm 50:15

Never attempt to bear more than one kind of trouble at once.
Some people bear three kinds—
all they have had,
all they have now and
all they expect to have.
[Edward Everett Hale]

Naturally, God Speaks
Web737.JPG

Yes, our God is the perfect Father, and He is with us at all times.
What more could we ask of a loving Parent like Him?
It's a wonderful feeling and makes a peaceful spirit when I am awarded humility by God. Just recently God chastised me as a loving parent and reminded me to take a back seat and stop getting in His way. We, especially men, struggle with pride and that innately puts us at odds with God. I am not Job nor do I ever want to be likened to him but even he had to be reminded who was in control, as righteous as he was.

You said, "We, especially men, struggle with pride". I am guilty!
"Keep me from the sins of pride; don’t let them rule me. Then I can be pure and innocent of the greatest of sins."
Psalm 19:13 (NCV)

My understanding of that verse is that "pride" is not the worse sin (ie, murder);
rather it is the most ubiquitous (found everywhere) of sins.

What is you opinion, then, of the verse "pride goes before destruction" (Proverbs 16:18)? Does pride terminate or lessen after a destructive experience?
My understanding of "pride goes before destruction" is that it is our prideful behavior that could
lead us into destruction. Whether pride terminates or lessons after the destructive experience
depends on how we react. In any event, "pride" really has no positive benefits...only negative.

Back