Troubled Times

Monday, January 06, 2014, 5:40 p.m. – the song “Why Are You Afraid?” suddenly began playing in my mind, seemingly out of nowhere, so I began to inquire of the Lord if he had something he wanted to say to me. I checked the news to see what was going on in the world, and then I began reading in the Psalms again, prayerfully. I read Psalm 6-10, and the Lord Jesus stopped me at Psalm 10 (NIV).

Is the Lord Hidden?

Why, Lord, do you stand far off?
Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?

Many throughout the world are going through troubled times right now. There are such things as earthquakes, famines, floods, snow and wind storms, ice, extreme cold, tsunamis, cyclones, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, pestilence, disease, hunger, loss of loved ones to death or divorce, and homelessness, etc. which are bringing much hardship to the people of this world. There are also wars, terrorism, coups, and uprisings, etc. which are taking place in nation after nation across the globe, displacing people from their homes and causing enormous loss of human life. As well, multitudes of Christ’s followers are being persecuted and murdered for their faith in Jesus Christ and for their testimony for Jesus and for his gospel all across the globe, and soon to come to America, too.

In such troubled times it might be natural to wonder, “Where is God in all of this?” Even Jesus’ own followers may be so distraught by the attack of enemy forces against them that they may begin to wonder if God has distanced himself from us, and if he has hidden his face from those whom he loves. I know that it can be difficult at times to see God in such difficult times as these, or to feel his presence among us, especially when evil reigns and seems such a strong force against us at times. Yet, God said he would never leave those who are truly his and that he would never forsake us. We may not always feel him there, and it may even appear that he is missing from action, but he is not. All that is going on in our lives is under his control, he knows exactly what he is doing, and he will work it all out for his purposes, for his glory, and for the good of those who love him and who have been called according to his purpose. So, we should trust him completely and not be afraid.

No Room for God

In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak,
who are caught in the schemes he devises.
He boasts about the cravings of his heart;
he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord.
In his pride the wicked man does not seek him;
in all his thoughts there is no room for God.
His ways are always prosperous;
your laws are rejected by him;
he sneers at all his enemies.
He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.”
He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.”
His mouth is full of lies and threats;
trouble and evil are under his tongue.
He lies in wait near the villages;
from ambush he murders the innocent.
His eyes watch in secret for his victims;
like a lion in cover he lies in wait.
He lies in wait to catch the helpless;
he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net.
His victims are crushed, they collapse;
they fall under his strength.
He says to himself, “God will never notice;
he covers his face and never sees.”

Wow! What an accurate description of the wicked! These are those who do not honor God as holy, who do not bow to his Lordship over their lives, who do not worship him in spirit and in truth, but perhaps in form only, who take God for granted, and who think his grace gives them a free license to sin without repercussion. They are those who deny him, betray his loved ones, trample on his mercy and forgiveness, and who continue in willful sin and rebellion, in lies and deceit, in murder, hatred, violence, gossip, lust, greed and in adultery, often with seared consciences. They are also those who flat out reject him as Lord and Savior of their lives, and who make no bones about it, either. They continue in their evil ways because they think God either doesn’t notice, that he doesn’t care, or that he will do nothing, because they have not yet experienced his wrath, or because someone has fed them a lie that God is all love (no wrath), and that he accepts everyone just as they are, and that he would never judge us nor would he condemn anyone to hell.

Not everyone who rejects Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives fits this description, though. There are many “good deed doers” and kind people among unbelievers who will also spend eternity in hell because they rejected Christ. Yet, there are many evildoers who take advantage of the weak or of those less fortunate than them by way of lies, deception, adultery, trickery, gossip and slander, murder of the innocent, falsely accusing those they feel are their enemies, trumped up charges, false flag operations, covert operations, war, man-made disasters via weather manipulation, theft of the people, and changing of laws to suit their evil purposes, etc. I believe such evil exists in the government of the U.S.A., in particular in the Obama administration, in combination with the “International Community,” alias the “New World Order Beast” which is presently conquering one nation at a time and is bringing them into subjection, and is persecuting and murdering the saints of Almighty God. Yet, God does see, and one day soon he is going to come in judgment.

He’ll Not Forget

Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God.
Do not forget the helpless.
Why does the wicked man revile God?
Why does he say to himself,
“He won’t call me to account”?
But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted;
you consider their grief and take it in hand.
The victims commit themselves to you;
you are the helper of the fatherless.
Break the arm of the wicked man;
call the evildoer to account for his wickedness
that would not otherwise be found out.
The Lord is King for ever and ever;
the nations will perish from his land.
You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
so that mere earthly mortals
will never again strike terror.

Our Lord will not forget his servants, even if it may feel as though he is far away. He will allow us to be persecuted and killed for our testimonies for Jesus Christ, but only for a time. Through this time of great persecution revival will come to the church and many will be saved as a result, I believe, so these things must come in order to prepare God’s people to meet their Lord (and husband), and many are not yet ready or are not yet saved.

Yet, he has not forgotten us. He is right here in our midst. He will give us all the encouragement, comfort, guidance and direction we need to make it through these troubled times, too. For many of us, these times will end in our deaths, and for others they will be severely persecuted. And, one day, when the time is right, and when all who will be saved are saved, Jesus Christ will return and he will judge the wicked and he will reward his righteous servants, and all will be well, because we will be forever with our Lord. Amen!

Why Are You Afraid? / An Original Work / December 5, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

Do not be afraid.
Your Lord is always by your side.
Serve the Lord in righteousness
Before Him all your days.

Those who hate the light
Will not come to the Lord.
They fear their deeds
Might be noticed.
So, they hate the light,
And they embrace the night.