True love is perfection

Love is perfect; because, love is God; and God is Perfect. Perfection is infinity. Love therefore has no limit. For love, to have no limit, it must be unconditional. Therefore, no condition will affect it. In other words, love will always express itself; even to those who are killing you and care nothing about you. Love, therefore, has no barriers and will never be partial. It will never stop giving; and will sacrifice one’s own life, so that those who are hurting and killing you, may have life. This is precisely what Jesus did on cross-suffer the most painful and humiliating death for those who were insulting and killing Him. He even befriended Judas, and never gave up on him; although He knew that he would be a total failure and betray him. The only thing we need to do to embrace perfect love, is to look at the perfect love on the cross; and like the good thief next to Jesus, see it as it is. This will purify our heart through repentance.

Love is perfect; because, love is God; and God is Perfect. Perfection is infinity. Love therefore has no limit. For love, to have no limit, it must be unconditional. Therefore, no condition will affect it. In other words, love will always express itself; even to those who are killing you and care nothing about you. Love, therefore, has no barriers and will never be partial. It will never stop giving; and will sacrifice one’s own life, so that those who are hurting and killing you, may have life. This is precisely what Jesus did on cross-suffer the most painful and humiliating death for those who were insulting and killing Him. He even befriended Judas, and never gave up on him; although He knew that he would be a total failure and betray him. The only thing we need to do to embrace perfect love, is to look at the perfect love on the cross; and like the good thief next to Jesus, see it as it is. This will purify our heart through repentance.

I like this. I want to reply, but not sure how. Will ponder for a bit. Ok, I'll say this much for now: Jesus had a purpose in his earthly life and this purpose required his willingness to be sacrifice on the cross. All that he was lead to this. As for the rest of us, we draw inspiration by this ultimate act of love, but …. (here is where I get stuck).

I understand your comment and agree completely. May I say something to you that just might be acceptable to everyone. Jesus Christ is the manifestation of God's love in action!

A thread about love!!! One of my favorite topics!

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all your things be done with charity.
1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Makes me wanna write poetry, but alas writing on the fly wont do this topic justice.

Agreed, if the world loved as God does, then Christians alone would have a complete nature, fully satisfied in God. Christians have potential and are more perfect then everyone else because of what we are taught in scripture. However most Christians take the idea of love for granted or at least do not invest in it.

Agreed, if the world loved as God does, then Christians alone would have a complete nature, fully satisfied in God. Christians have potential and are more perfect then everyone else because of what we are taught in scripture. However most Christians take the idea of love for granted or at least do not invest in it.

Correct, however, the reason for that is that we have a "sin nature" which can never be done away with. We will carry it to the grave but what Jesus did was to allow us to not be contolled by that sin nature.

Back