True Love Waits

True Love Waits

I just want/ need some encouragement. I am struggling with the "true love waits," issue. I am going to be honest here and keep this appropriate. But it is so hard these days to find a man who is willing to wait for a girl who wants to wait until marriage! I feel conflicted because its only natural to crave intimacy with others. God designed man and woman that way, but at the same time we're suppposed to wait to share those special intimate moments within marriage. Yet again, in this day and age nobody is willing to wait it seems. These days alot of men just want to rush, rush or go to another woman and the woman who wants to wait ends up dateless, alone and without a husband/beau. before people start saying "well you should date Christian guys," guess what Christian guys, some of them, don't always want to wait either. Either they also don't want to wait or they are not interested and just want to "be friends." I do not mean start out taking it slow and build off of a friendship, i mean they don't want a romantic relationship ever atleast not with me. I know that sometimes you have to sacrifice in life and by staying faithful to God, all things will come to pass and God will take care of me and all my needs will ultimately be fufilled married or not. To be honest though, what if I never get married? I love the Lord, I want to serve him and ultimately fufill his purpose, but honestly, it would be nice to have a husband and children. Preferably while I'm still capable of producing children. I know this probably sounds selfish and I apologize, but I said I was going to be honest. Honestly, this is very very difficult thing to do in this day and age, it's very difficult for me. I need some guidance. I ordered a book off amazon called "Every Woman's Battle," I am rereading the other book because I was young when I first read it and hadn't had any issues like this before. Someone I just needed to get this off my chest. I love the Lord, but I am really struggling with this.

I am praying for you.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart" (Psalm 37:4).

bearhujtj.jpg

When we try desperately to find the right person, we could 'find' the wrong one and if won't work out. If we are passionate for an encounter with God, He will fill our longings and give us strengthht until that person comes along. When we put Him first and do what He has created us for, He will bring the RIGHT one to us in His timing, for He knows who that person is, He knows all things. He designed each of us to be of like calling with our spouse so we can accomplish what we were created to do.

I am wooing you Says the Lord
I am drawing you into a new place.
Into a sacred place.
Into an intimate place, where my love abounds.
I want to overwhelm you with my grace
With my peace.
With my love
I want to show you my heart.
I want you to know the great love I have for you.
I want to make you my Bride.
Will you hear my call?
Will you yield to my drawing?
Will you submit to my wooing?
If you submit to my wooing.
I will pour out my love in you and through you.
Like you have never know before.
STL

When we try desperately to find the right person, we could 'find' the wrong one and if won't work out. If we are passionate for an encounter with God, He will fill our longings and give us strengthht until that person comes along. When we put Him first and do what He has created us for, He will bring the RIGHT one to us in His timing, for He knows who that person is, He knows all things. He designed each of us to be of like calling with our spouse so we can accomplish what we were created to do.

Good comment .... What she says is true as I am a witness of doing my own thing and thinking I was in love etc ...That's the way the world thinks and I was in the world at the time .

So Christian beware .... God will show you and give you His perfect partner .... Don't do it on your own . His ways are better than our ways .

This is only me..true love doesn't really exist on earth..it will in heaven one day but never here in our lifetime.

I'm sorry you feel this way. True love does exist, for God is love and God is true and he is on this earth. Love is a gift from God and he freely gives this gift when we turn to him and pray, believing. "Ask and you shall receive". This is his promise to us. Several years ago, I wrote the following poem by faith and you know what? She has found me and she has been crying and longing for me, just as I have been for her. This love couldn't be possible without us sharing the same love of God. God is so good, he gives generously to his children.

A Lover

I have a lover.
I love her and she loves me.
Even though, there is no one that I see.
This has not been revealed to my senses, it has been revealed to my spirit.
I see no one and my hands I keep to myself.
No friend, no prospect, no hope.
I have something better, a word, a promise.
God has revealed to my spirit that his word is more real,
than what I can see, hear or touch.
Some may think reality is that I'm too old, too poor and I drive a bus.
That's not reality, his word is reality, his word is truth.
It is a done deal and I'm more sure than if she was standing beside me.
Her heart is intertwined with mine.
She cries and longs for me, just as I cry and long for her.
I will not search for her or date to test the waters.
God bids me wait and I shall, for his choice is higher than the mountains better,
than mine would be and I already know her, for we are lovers.

And I laughed..."After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure?"

This is only me..true love doesn't really exist on earth..it will in heaven one day but never here in our lifetime.
Well, I am deeply sorry that you feel this way. But my parents have been married for over 20 years, and I've seen many couple married much longer then that. I'm sorry that you haven't experienced "true love" yet here on this earth. So yes, I truly believe there's true love. But we are getting off topic. We are here to give encouragement to Littleone. So let's do it :)

Littleone, God is the author of your love story....as well as the author of your LIFE. A scripture that is very beneficial to me is this one: "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wait on God. Patiently wait. And if you feel like that you're getting impatient, go to this scripture and meditate on it. God's timing is always perfect. Remember, he is God and we are not. Go to God when you feel so lonely. I know what it's like. I really do. Please, feel free to PM me or anything! You are loved!

I understnad where you are coming from with this one puppy and really and truly there is merit in what you say .... because " perfect love " comes from Jesus Christ . He happens to be my perfect love . He is first in my life and all else is a bonus .

The only thing I would emphasize to the OP is if you think there will be perfection here on earth .... not so cause we live in an imperfect world .

Well, I am deeply sorry that you feel this way. But my parents have been married for over 20 years, and I've seen many couple married much longer then that. I'm sorry that you haven't experienced "true love" yet here on this earth. So yes, I truly believe there's true love. But we are getting off topic. We are here to give encouragement to Littleone. So let's do it :)

Littleone, God is the author of your love story....as well as the author of your LIFE. A scripture that is very beneficial to me is this one: "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wait on God. Patiently wait. And if you feel like that you're getting impatient, go to this scripture and meditate on it. God's timing is always perfect. Remember, he is God and we are not. Go to God when you feel so lonely. I know what it's like. I really do. Please, feel free to PM me or anything! You are loved!
Katie..I think you are a little confused as to my reply..I have been married for 40 years and believe me, my marriage is no where near "true love." I take my marriage one day at a time, like most married folks. We are only human.
Go back and re-read what Dusty wrote.

Katie..I think you are a little confused as to my reply..I have been married for 40 years and believe me, my marriage is no where near "true love." I take my marriage one day at a time, like most married folks. We are only human.
Go back and re-read what Dusty wrote.
Well, I'm sorry again that you feel that true love doesn't exist. My parents have been married for over 20 years and they love each other just as much as they did on their wedding day. They probably love each other even more deeply than their wedding day!

Anyways, I am done discussing this because it is getting off topic! :)

Well, let's try to remain on topic. Littleone asked for encouragement. :)

Blessings!
Katie

True love is a decision, not an emotion. If we lived by emotions then we could fall in and out of love many times, but I for one have made a decision to love my wife and stay committed to her for better for worse until death do us part. That is true love. Further more that is also how we should love God we make a decision to love God and serve Him for what He has done for us.

Well not all guys are this way, for example my girlfriend and I have both decided to wait because that is God's will. I would not encourage you to do anything against God but wait on Him, He'll send you the right one in His time not in what your idea of the right time is.

God Bless.

'True love' and 'perfect love' define two different realms of one subject.

True love, if you look under the definition of 'true' in a dictionary (true: a. Consistent with fact or reality; not false or erroneous; b. Real, genuine; reliable, accurate [and these are only some of the many definitions of true), would basically mean a reliable, real, and accurate love. It is a love without fault, it is not fake, it is genuine love. It is what love is supposed to be.

Perfect love, and as the same with true, (perfect: 1. Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind; 2. Being without defect or blemish: a perfect specimen.) would basically be the kind of love that is complete. It is what love is (pure love). It is not stained nor defiled by anything of another nature or another kind.

I also would like to mention as I am pointing this out I did not intend to cause any disagreements. I only wanted to mention that (from what I can see), is that true and perfect love are two very different things, yet describe the same subject. One is what it should be, the other is what it is (as a whole/true nature of it).

I hope this makes sense. :)
I understnad where you are coming from with this one puppy and really and truly there is merit in what you say .... because " perfect love " comes from Jesus Christ . He happens to be my perfect love . He is first in my life and all else is a bonus .

The only thing I would emphasize to the OP is if you think there will be perfection here on earth .... not so cause we live in an imperfect world .

I just want/ need some encouragement. I am struggling with the "true love waits," issue. I am going to be honest here and keep this appropriate. But it is so hard these days to find a man who is willing to wait for a girl who wants to wait until marriage! I feel conflicted because its only natural to crave intimacy with others. God designed man and woman that way, but at the same time we're suppposed to wait to share those special intimate moments within marriage. Yet again, in this day and age nobody is willing to wait it seems. These days alot of men just want to rush, rush or go to another woman and the woman who wants to wait ends up dateless, alone and without a husband/beau. before people start saying "well you should date Christian guys," guess what Christian guys, some of them, don't always want to wait either. Either they also don't want to wait or they are not interested and just want to "be friends." I do not mean start out taking it slow and build off of a friendship, i mean they don't want a romantic relationship ever atleast not with me. I know that sometimes you have to sacrifice in life and by staying faithful to God, all things will come to pass and God will take care of me and all my needs will ultimately be fufilled married or not. To be honest though, what if I never get married? I love the Lord, I want to serve him and ultimately fufill his purpose, but honestly, it would be nice to have a husband and children. Preferably while I'm still capable of producing children. I know this probably sounds selfish and I apologize, but I said I was going to be honest. Honestly, this is very very difficult thing to do in this day and age, it's very difficult for me. I need some guidance. I ordered a book off amazon called "Every Woman's Battle," I am rereading the other book because I was young when I first read it and hadn't had any issues like this before. Someone I just needed to get this off my chest. I love the Lord, but I am really struggling with this.

Littleone,

From past experience of moving ahead of God and thinking that I knew what I want instead of waiting on God, caused devastating results. Although God will bring you through, there are things that you will have to deal with emotionally for the rest of your days. There is a season for all things, in God's timing. When you are in God's will all will go well. But don't worry or concern yourself right now with people not wanting to wait until marriage. You just continue to thank God that the person that He has in mind for you will come.

Marriage was instituted and designed by God. (Gen. 2:18-25). So, it would be wise to wait on Him.

Just because people are not willing to wait does not mean that God's word is Void. Sex is God-given in a marriage. Hebrews 13:4 says, "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."

God says to put sexual immorality to death.
Col. 3:5-7, "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived."

So, we need to focus on God in areas like this were we are weak for He will strengthen you and encourage you. There are a lot of people in the world today who don't accept what God says about sexual immorality and they feel that there is nothing wrong with it. But God says there is a lot wrong with it. Always remember that when you move ahead of God, you have moved out of His will of what He wants for your life which is much better than what we think we want. If you wait for God, He will send You a great love.

God bless

Back