True or False

For me, itis not about legalism but "temptation".

We are tempted at one time or another, however when men and women dance close together or swim together in skimpy suits , it opens the door of human nature. If it is not done then no harm.

Satan knows that a Christian lusting for the opposite sex is sinning against God. The devils agents will do their best to create circumstances that force a Christian to lust. As soon as a Christian opens that door, he will be allowing many thoughts to enter his life. Jesus said about lust in Matthew 5:27-28.........

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who [so much as] looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart” .
For you yes. I respect your opinion. But for others I must respect their opinion on the matter of dancing or if they choose to enjoy a dip in the river the pool or by the sea side. Sadly the fashion world dictates the swim wear they seem infatuated in having us wearing next to nothing these days. One may as well join a nudist colony as the swim wear can’t get any skimpier . Though I’m sure most Christian woman wear more appropriate swim wear while others may not and just go with the flow. As to Matthew 5:27-28 yes I’m sure the Jesus knew the man real well. Man not care even if we be fully dressed they still do undress with their imaginations everyday. Not much one can do about that or how man imagines or thinks, for the mind imagines very much with many hundreds of thoughts a day.

While I agree that styles, perticularly of swim suit styles show too much skin, and the same can be said about some 'party' clothes, at some point we as Christians need to control our thoughts. We generally know when we are tempted and need to develope discipline to control our thoughts.

While the world is a constant attack against our better nature, I do not expect it to adjust to my preferances, nor do I think it is always best to avoid the world. If we are to change the world we must interact with it while keeping watch over our own minds.

For you yes. I respect your opinion. But for others I must respect their opinion on the matter of dancing or if they choose to enjoy a dip in the river the pool or by the sea side. Sadly the fashion world dictates the swim wear they seem infatuated in having us wearing next to nothing these days. One may as well join a nudist colony as the swim wear can’t get any skimpier . Though I’m sure most Christian woman wear more appropriate swim wear while others may not and just go with the flow. As to Matthew 5:27-28 yes I’m sure the Jesus knew the man real well. Man not care even if we be fully dressed they still do undress with their imaginations everyday. Not much one can do about that or how man imagines or thinks, for the mind imagines very much with many hundreds of thoughts a day.

My comments come from the many counseling sessions I have had with couples who were in crisis. Almost all of them recall a time when they "innocently" went out dining and dancing with another couple and that act led to adultry.

My comments come from the many counseling sessions I have had with couples who were in crisis. Almost all of them recall a time when they "innocently" went out dining and dancing with another couple and that act led to adultry.
Major the old religion is always before us including within the church it never really died their methods be many including befriending potential converts with dancing wining and dining along with invitations to special gatherings and fraternities. Adultry is not in their vocabulary for what belongs to you belongs to everyone including your husband or your wife. It be the libertine way. Yes we must always evaluate and discern every situation.

Major the old religion is always before us including within the church it never really died their methods be many including befriending potential converts with dancing wining and dining along with invitations to special gatherings and fraternities. Adultry is not in their vocabulary for what belongs to you belongs to everyone including your husband or your wife. It be the libertine way. Yes we must always evaluate and discern every situation.

Believe me when I say that I know how "old Fashioned" my thinking is!

I am just saying that we need to be very careful what we do because our actions will have lifetime consequences.

I think with skin exposure people are learning (especially fair skinned people) in nz that if you do that TOO much you are at risk of melanoma from the hole in the ozone layer.

We do need Vitamin D, but for most people they go diving and swimming in wetsuits or properly covered up. Also it can get cold in the water.

In hot countries wearing cool cotton or linen clothing is the way to go. I don't think I would be too bothered if I actually DID live in the Garden of Eden but I don't and we have plants that have thorns so, I do need protective gear.

Going back to OP

I think feedback, both good and bad can teach you something. But I think popularity, or fame in itself isn't the end goal. It's nice to be liked, but for Christians the one who loves you is God who forgave you, so, even if nobody else likes you, that doesn't matter does it. You have God's grace and that is sufficient.

I think with skin exposure people are learning (especially fair skinned people) in nz that if you do that TOO much you are at risk of melanoma from the hole in the ozone layer.

We do need Vitamin D, but for most people they go diving and swimming in wetsuits or properly covered up. Also it can get cold in the water.

In hot countries wearing cool cotton or linen clothing is the way to go. I don't think I would be too bothered if I actually DID live in the Garden of Eden but I don't and we have plants that have thorns so, I do need protective gear.
Lanolin NZ is a very beautiful place. Some say a reflection of the garden of Eden itself . Enjoy

well I can't say I am an island.
I do need others.
I do get hurt when someone dont like me.
I am just not that strong.
I recognise it for what it is, and try to put my personal judgements aside, or, in a better breath, give it to God

yes popularity counts , at least for me, because I seem to be hard wired to seek out company. and company is no good if we can't get on.

men I dont seem to have a problem with.
yes if they cause me to feel a lack I sense cupids arrow but I recognise it for what it is, and since I have many broken hearts I just suppose I could be immune. like its not the end of the world if he dont like me that way.

money, I dont have a fear of that stuff and dont really desire more than enough to live on.

I also think some of the things we are attracted to are caused by our upbringing. my family never feared a lack of money so I dont either.

at least that is my belief.

well I can't say I am an island.
I do need others.
I do get hurt when someone dont like me.
I am just not that strong.
I recognise it for what it is, and try to put my personal judgements aside, or, in a better breath, give it to God

yes popularity counts , at least for me, because I seem to be hard wired to seek out company. and company is no good if we can't get on.

men I dont seem to have a problem with.
yes if they cause me to feel a lack I sense cupids arrow but I recognise it for what it is, and since I have many broken hearts I just suppose I could be immune. like its not the end of the world if he dont like me that way.

money, I dont have a fear of that stuff and dont really desire more than enough to live on.

I also think some of the things we are attracted to are caused by our upbringing. my family never feared a lack of money so I dont either.

at least that is my belief.
Hello Via
I think we can all identify in our own right. And, isn't it true that the goal is not to become numb to our environmental experiences but to rise above it. We have all seen or read about people who are on the verge of passing over and just prior something happens to them, they light up or start to radiate an aura of peace and contentment. (Intereasting to read the account of F.F.Bosworth) i believe that is something we all desire, but what is holding us back? Do we have to be in a condition where everything is failing us before we can surrender? Another example are the martyrs. I think that is a condition or state not just an event. Jesus said he would do nothing but what the Father showed him. I believe that is our desire. Although we can't create it, we should be able to (or yield ourself to) get to a place to recieve. Can/will that happen if we stay on the course we are on?
A lot of rhetoric but I think still an important concept.

Hello Via
I think we can all identify in our own right. And, isn't it true that the goal is not to become numb to our environmental experiences but to rise above it. We have all seen or read about people who are on the verge of passing over and just prior something happens to them, they light up or start to radiate an aura of peace and contentment. (Intereasting to read the account of F.F.Bosworth) i believe that is something we all desire, but what is holding us back? Do we have to be in a condition where everything is failing us before we can surrender? Another example are the martyrs. I think that is a condition or state not just an event. Jesus said he would do nothing but what the Father showed him. I believe that is our desire. Although we can't create it, we should be able to (or yield ourself to) get to a place to recieve. Can/will that happen if we stay on the course we are on?
You said........
"Do we have to be in a condition where everything is failing us before we can surrender?"

Yes. That is because most people try everything else and then they think in the end.......well, maybe I will give God a try.

BUT.......the problem then is that no one GOES TO God. NO ONE is a "seeker" after God.

Psalms 14:2-3..........
"The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one."

For anyone to come to God, God is the one who calls us.

Hello Via
What you touch upon here, makes for good prayers.
Thanks for sharing.

Back