Trusting Others' Discernment

Have you ever felt like the Lord was telling you something about yourself
and you just couldn't see it?
Did you trust a fellow believer enough to reveal that you were limited?
What did you do?

Of course our walk is an individual affair and though we rejoice as a body Jesus said 'I am the way ' which means our tutoring comes from him in ways which are often not discernable by us.
We may not know our position in the journey but by faith all is well and though we may share with fellow sojourners that is not where our confidence lays.
It is a great thing to know we are weak for then we are strong looking to Him.

What did you do?

I hear the Lord speaking to me often as I'm reading his word. I'm sure there are many things that I don't see clearly, but God reveals them to each of us in his own way and time.

God shows us our weaknesses over time. I'm quite thankful that he didn't reveal them all at once. That would have been a great burden in my case. Personally I share deep things with those I've come close to and trust in their wisdom and God's work in them.

cp

What did you do?
I think all Christians are pretty much a work in progress, and that’s why our Father sent the Holy Spirit—to teach us, to comfort us and to empower us. And the more we learn about Him, the more He will reveal His plan for each one of us—a very individual plan, too. I love that because it shows that each one of us is special in His eyes—the apple of His eye! :p

What did you do?

Of course our walk is an individual affair and though we rejoice as a body Jesus said 'I am the way ' which means our tutoring comes from him in ways which are often not discernable by us. We may not know our position in the journey but by faith all is well and though we may share with fellow sojourners that is not where our confidence lays. It is a great thing to know we are weak for then we are strong looking to Him.

I think all Christians are pretty much a work in progress, and that’s why our Father sent the Holy Spirit—to teach us, to comfort us and to empower us. And the more we learn about Him, the more He will reveal His plan for each one of us—a very individual plan, too. I love that because it shows that each one of us is special in His eyes—the apple of His eye! :p

Hello 2404 and Twinkling Of An Eye;

I enjoyed reading your posts, "an individual affair," which spoke to me, brother, thank you!

Twinkling Of An Eye, your post uplifted me this evening, "to teach us, to comfort us and to empower us." Thank you, sister.

My church family has been cooped up from the pandemic in our community. We're grateful for the ZOOM Bible studies, meetings and Sunday worship service, but the moment the county gave us the ok to gather together again, I encouraged everyone to get out of the house and meet on Saturday mornings at the church.

The individual affair turned into an a person group affair and allowed everyone face to face time with donuts, a BIG CUP OF coffee and a time for sharing, crying, laughing and praying. I feel it has been healthy and should we go back into lockdown we want to enjoy this time and enjoy getting refreshed.

Your posts put mine on my heart to share.

God bless you and your families.

Hello 2404 and Twinkling Of An Eye;

I enjoyed reading your posts, "an individual affair," which spoke to me, brother, thank you!

Twinkling Of An Eye, your post uplifted me this evening, "to teach us, to comfort us and to empower us." Thank you, sister.

My church family has been cooped up from the pandemic in our community. We're grateful for the ZOOM Bible studies, meetings and Sunday worship service, but the moment the county gave us the ok to gather together again, I encouraged everyone to get out of the house and meet on Saturday mornings at the church.

The individual affair turned into an a person group affair and allowed everyone face to face time with donuts, a BIG CUP OF coffee and a time for sharing, crying, laughing and praying. I feel it has been healthy and should we go back into lockdown we want to enjoy this time and enjoy getting refreshed.

Your posts put mine on my heart to share.

God bless you and your families.
I never argue with myself whether or not to drink a BIG CUP OF coffee. Even though I wasn't invited. ;)

What did you do?

Absolutely my brother!!!!

We are all limited and the problem is that most of us are so rooted in self pride that we will not admit we are needing help or advice.
Therefore when it is given we tend to reject it outright because it is different than what we think.

Absolutely my brother!!!!

We are all limited and the problem is that most of us are so rooted in self pride that we will not admit we are needing help or advice.
Therefore when it is given we tend to reject it outright because it is different than what we think.
I agree with that for sure. I have to be willing and ready to hear what God tells
me about myself and to trust like-minded believers to lovingly encourage me
to persevere in truth and spiritual growth.

When I posted this I was looking for such loving encouragement and some here
reached out to do that. I appreciate you for what you do here and hope that you
feel encouraged today.

"Humility is not thinking less of myself but thinking of myself less" -Rick Warren

***Quote is not an endorsement of Rick Warren nor do I want to discuss Rick Warren.

I agree with that for sure. I have to be willing and ready to hear what God tells
me about myself and to trust like-minded believers to lovingly encourage me
to persevere in truth and spiritual growth.

When I posted this I was looking for such loving encouragement and some here
reached out to do that. I appreciate you for what you do here and hope that you
feel encouraged today.

"Humility is not thinking less of myself but thinking of myself less" -Rick Warren

***Quote is not an endorsement of Rick Warren nor do I want to discuss Rick Warren.

I agree brother. I am just as guilty of what I posted as is anyone else.

Back