Trying To Get Reconnected . . .

Hi everyone! I have been walking with Jesus for 15 years now, and I have had my ups and downs along the way.

The last two years have been amazing and tough at the same time. I married the woman of my dreams and we had our first son, but along the way I have lost much of the joy and passion from my relationship with Jesus.

I worked a series of jobs that made it difficult to even attend church regularly, much less get really involved. And I started to spend less and less time with Jesus on my own.

Basically, I want to get my priorities straight and make Jesus number one again. I am part of a good church that teaches the Bible faithfully, but I am still working a strange schedule that makes it impossible to get connected to a home group or meet with people outside of church very often.

Hoping that I can find some people here to encourage and receive encouragement from.

And if you managed to read all of this, thanks and God bless! :D

Welcome! Remember that everyone has 24 hours in a day to prioritize their life. If you put Jesus first, then the first thing every morning is to dedicate time to Him. If that means going to bed earlier, then so be it. You'll find that you won't need to "unwind" if your spend the part of your day with Him again. The idea is to pick a verse in the morning to meditate on all day as to it's intended meaning, allowing the Holy Spirit to teach you and then at night reflect what you learned and praise Him and head off to bed.

Hi everyone! I have been walking with Jesus for 15 years now, and I have had my ups and downs along the way.

The last two years have been amazing and tough at the same time. I married the woman of my dreams and we had our first son, but along the way I have lost much of the joy and passion from my relationship with Jesus.

I worked a series of jobs that made it difficult to even attend church regularly, much less get really involved. And I started to spend less and less time with Jesus on my own.

Basically, I want to get my priorities straight and make Jesus number one again. I am part of a good church that teaches the Bible faithfully, but I am still working a strange schedule that makes it impossible to get connected to a home group or meet with people outside of church very often.

Hoping that I can find some people here to encourage and receive encouragement from.

And if you managed to read all of this, thanks and God bless! :D

Welcome, I just signed on too. I have sympathy for you and just want to say, don't let the world rule YOUR life in Christ. The words of God > "Be still and know that I am God" can give us a lot of Peace and freedom in this sick and sinful world. Time is short, us it wisely my friend.

The cares, and lust of this World enter in and choke the Word. There is only 3 ways Satan has to take the word from you, and you just cut him off on all 3. (Mark 4)

Don't let the enemy complicate things, as he would like to get our mind off the only ways he has to defeat us. He often does this by pointing out all the things we are not doing spiritually right or spending enough time in like Church. All the things he points out and brings are attention to is a long list of our short comings according to him.

Just time in the Word each day, and being spirit led is enough.

I spend time in the word each day, pray in tongues and I have all 3 areas covered.

I would like you to define what you think making Jesus number one means.

Blessings.

Hi ruthT, thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to make the most of my time now.

I think we've found a pretty awesome community here, and I'm excited to be part of it.

MichaelH, thanks very much for the wise words.

My biggest problem lately has been distractions and complacency.

When I have free time, I find myself reading about sports or watching Netflix. Things that aren't inherently bad, but I just put too much emphasis on them.

And what does it mean for Jesus to be number one? It means thinking about His will over my comfort (spending some extra time in prayer or fellowship instead of spending it on sports or movies). Having Him on my mind throughout the day. Being madly in love with Him again.

Welcome rambling,

Great to have you here on CFS. Lots of folk that live for the Lord here on board :) Make yourself at home!

God BLess

I always reply so late to welcome threads. Better late than never though, so.......... Welcome! How ya liking the site so far?

Back