Trying to understand

Sure....I have a family member who always seems to complain and actually point short comings out in others. Also I engaged in a conversation that I should not judge gay marriages for I have sinned I'm sure with lust full thoughts which apparently equates to the same.

In this case pray for the person committing the sin. But you have every right to (for your own principles) to be very against gay marriage. It is wrong. We just need to keep asking God to intervene and make Himself very real to them and to get laborers accross their path with His Word, someone they will listen to. Forgive them just like Jesus would. That way if God ever desires to use you to speak to someone you are ready to accept the person as one of God's lost sheep and say what He desires for you to say to that person. Another good thing to pray is that God will open their eyes to the truth of His Word and grant them the gift of repentance. Because the devil has them blinded and in a prison and they don't even know it.
They are not committing a sin bigger than any other sin, because God sees all sin the same.....but if we don't pray and interceed for them and all unbelievers then they will stay trapped in their own prison.

Each of us works out our own salvation...the holding people accoutnable thing really is God holds you accountable. We not meant to be lording over other peoples faith (or lack there of)

As for the gay marriage thing i think just use discernment when to speak and when not to. Its a contentious issue but you dont need to be adding fuel to the fire. Many people might say its not as bad as other sins, to deflect the issue. The real issue is...keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and dont worry what the world is doing..if you are faithful this wont affect your walk and cause you to stumble.

Each of us works out our own salvation...the holding people accoutnable thing really is God holds you accountable. We not meant to be lording over other peoples faith (or lack there of)

As for the gay marriage thing i think just use discernment when to speak and when not to. Its a contentious issue but you dont need to be adding fuel to the fire. Many people might say its not as bad as other sins, to deflect the issue. The real issue is...keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and dont worry what the world is doing..if you are faithful this wont affect your walk and cause you to stumble.
In this case pray for the person committing the sin. But you have every right to (for your own principles) to be very against gay marriage. It is wrong. We just need to keep asking God to intervene and make Himself very real to them and to get laborers accross their path with His Word, someone they will listen to. Forgive them just like Jesus would. That way if God ever desires to use you to speak to someone you are ready to accept the person as one of God's lost sheep and say what He desires for you to say to that person. Another good thing to pray is that God will open their eyes to the truth of His Word and grant them the gift of repentance. Because the devil has them blinded and in a prison and they don't even know it.
They are not committing a sin bigger than any other sin, because God sees all sin the same.....but if we don't pray and interceed for them and all unbelievers then they will stay trapped in their own prison.
Thank you cturtle....prayer with patience go hand and hand....I tend to forget the patience part

Matthew 18:15-20 has a great message on how we address the sins committed by others. And we don't do it because we are judging them, but we can judge which actions offend God and which don't, and when we see someone we love offending God, we want to look out for them. Letting them know what's going on and why it needs to be addressed is one of the most loving things you can do, because it's easy on no one. It may even drive a divide.

The person sinning is going to most likely be offended, and when they are, they will point blame back at you -- "Oh, you're being a judgmental goody-goody!" " Well you must tell me what it's like to walk on water, oh perfect being!" "Why don't you mind your own business?" This is common, and we've all done it ourselves when others have pointed out our faults.

What's important is why we do it and that we do it with the help of the Holy Spirit...but don't be surprised if a wedge is placed between you and the person you mean to help. Remember also Luke 12:51-53.

Yes God holds us personally accountable ....but what does Galatians 6:1-2 mean....is that not accountability to eachother?

Matthew 18:15-20 has a great message on how we address the sins committed by others. And we don't do it because we are judging them, but we can judge which actions offend God and which don't, and when we see someone we love offending God, we want to look out for them. Letting them know what's going on and why it needs to be addressed is one of the most loving things you can do, because it's easy on no one. It may even drive a divide.

These are the words I wanted to articulate...thank you

The person sinning is going to most likely be offended, and when they are, they will point blame back at you -- "Oh, you're being a judgmental goody-goody!" " Well you must tell me what it's like to walk on water, oh perfect being!" "Why don't you mind your own business?" This is common, and we've all done it ourselves when others have pointed out our faults.

This I have been guilty of

What's important is why we do it and that we do it with the help of the Holy Spirit...but don't be surprised if a wedge is placed between you and the person you mean to help. Remember also Luke 12:51-53.
Scriptures I will need to meditate on! Thank you

Lots of vital scriptures and wonderful impressions have been brought in here so far - I don't feel I can contribute anything much! I just wanted to add a scripture which comes to mind when considering this sort of thing: "... let nothing be in the spirit of strife or vain glory, but, in lowliness of mind, each esteeming the other as more excellent than themselves..." (Philippians 2:3). I think this is very helpful when we have to bring in some gentle correction to a brother or sister. I must say, I've been on the receiving end of correction (and thanks be to God for it!) much more often than I've been called upon to correct others. I've seen brethren putting this verse into effect in the way they approached me to set me right, and I hope I'd be helped to do the same. If I esteem my brother or sister as more excellent than I am... well, it becomes a very humbling experience to have to admonish them! It also gives me an impression of how important it is that I do it, rather than standing by and saying nothing. If I see my brethren as excellent, I take the divine view of them: saints of God, precious in His sight, redeemed by precious blood. Could I stand by and see even one of them going astray? If something is precious, we want to look after it. Our brethren are precious.

Lots of vital scriptures and wonderful impressions have been brought in here so far - I don't feel I can contribute anything much! I just wanted to add a scripture which comes to mind when considering this sort of thing: "... let nothing be in the spirit of strife or vain glory, but, in lowliness of mind, each esteeming the other as more excellent than themselves..." (Philippians 2:3). I think this is very helpful when we have to bring in some gentle correction to a brother or sister. I must say, I've been on the receiving end of correction (and thanks be to God for it!) much more often than I've been called upon to correct others. I've seen brethren putting this verse into effect in the way they approached me to set me right, and I hope I'd be helped to do the same. If I esteem my brother or sister as more excellent than I am... well, it becomes a very humbling experience to have to admonish them! It also gives me an impression of how important it is that I do it, rather than standing by and saying nothing. If I see my brethren as excellent, I take the divine view of them: saints of God, precious in His sight, redeemed by precious blood. Could I stand by and see even one of them going astray? If something is precious, we want to look after it. Our brethren are precious.

Thank you very much for sharing and blessings to you! Your noted scripture has definitely contributed as well as your testimony to it!

A Christian loves pleasing God, not themselves. When anyone corrects a Christian from scripture, the Christian will (not must or should as Christianity cannot be faked) accept it as a loving rebuke.

If any Christian says ''do not judge me''...well they have not yet grasped that Christianity 101 is ''I AM dead.....to Christ''.

When people say ''you are being judgemental for you have sin of your own''...they may as well say ''I have no interest in respecting scripture, I am a Christian out of convenience and only read scriptures that make ''''me'''' feel better about ''''me'''.

Anyone here can judge me and I will thank them for it!! The harsher the better!!! Bring it, we crave righteousness!!!!

Amen!

The Bible truth is that Scriptures tell us TO JUDGE!!!!

Those who say we are not to judge others do not read the Bible for WHAT it says, only what they WANT it to say.

Galatians..

Well this one tells us how to do it...in a spirit of meekness.

Notice it says least we be also tempted.

So we dont lord it over others when someones in sin. It does say we bear our own burdens and prove our own works. Take our cue from Jesus...did he throw peoples sins in their faces and condemn them? No...he RESTORED people like it says in galatians. He said to the woman in adultery to 'go sin no more'. She knew she was wrong. She didnt need Jesus to tell her.

Galatians..

Well this one tells us how to do it...in a spirit of meekness.

Correct....it is the approach we need to be careful with.

As a body of believers we are not independent of ourselves but need the help of our brothers and sister in Christ for correction and encouragement....hence accountability

This is true but it's hard not to be sadden by this
Just love them like Jesus did. Ya know, I have three kids, and I was so happy when I could communicate with them because they were old enough to reason with and I didn't have to punish them like when they were toddlers. Some just don't have the ability to learn as they're not fully developed enough. Others, just have to learn through things the hard way. So, just love them and pray for them. :D

Yes God holds us personally accountable ....but what does Galatians 6:1-2 mean....is that not accountability to eachother?
The part of Galatians 6:1-2 that is key in this situation is to bear one anothers burdens.
One story in scripture that came to me was Nathan and David.
2 Samuel 12
Nathan tells David a story of a rich man stealing a poor mans possession. This causes David to become outraged while demanding a righting of the wrong.
Then Nathan tells David he is the wrong doer and confronts David with his sin. Now in this case David respects Nathan and listens and realizes what he has done. This may not be the case with you, and probably isn't.
But you could present this person with a story about some nameless person who is guilty of a similar sin. Ask her what would she do about it. Then either do that, or just give her this scripture of 2 Samuel 12
and let it be.
David was close to the Lord, so this may go right past her if she is not.
This may help or not, just presenting the option.
God Bless

The part of Galatians 6:1-2 that is key in this situation is to bear one anothers burdens.
2 Samuel 12
Nathan tells David a story of a rich man stealing a poor mans possession. This causes David to become outraged while demanding a righting of the wrong.
Then Nathan tells David he is the wrong doer and confronts David with his sin. Now in this case David respects Nathan and listens and realizes what he has done. This may not be the case with you, and probably isn't.
But you could present this person with a story about some nameless person who is guilty of a similar sin. Ask her what would she do about it. Then either do that, or just give her this scripture of 2 Samuel 12
and let it be.
God Bless
Thank you I appreciate the reply....blessings to you!

Sure....I have a family member who always seems to complain and actually point short comings out in others. Also I engaged in a conversation that I should not judge gay marriages for I have sinned I'm sure with lust full thoughts which apparently equates to the same.
We are all sinners. But we don't all repent and hate it Rom 7:15. Gay marriage = a decision to live in sin unrepentant. So, no you are not close. World of difference between hating and loving sin. Rom 12:9 says we must '''HATE''' what is evil and '''CLING'' to what is good.

2 Samuel 12
and let it be.
God Bless
I found this approach actually works.
It was what Jesus did by telling ppl parables.

Back