Turn of the Century Home

Ginger

Inactive
Turn of the Century Home

If all goes as planned, I will soon be moving into a home built in 1900.

The basic structure is in really good shape, but it does need some electrical, plumbing and heating work.

Once it is ready to move into I want to restore one room at a time - not necessarily authentic, but to a more nostalgic look.

Almost all the original woodwork is still in tact including the banister!

If anyone knows places where I can get turn of the century style decor, I would appreciate it.

Magazines I can subscribe to would be a great help!!! Including turn of the century style gardening and landscaping.

It's kind of nice that it was built between two decorating eras as I will have so many more options that will work.

Ginger

How exciting! I cannot help you on the -turn of the century style decor- but I am sure you can google it and find some magazines to refer to. :)

God Bless!

We close this weekend!

We won't be moving in until the end of the school year as i don't want to disrupt my children's education.

Ginger

If all goes as planned, I will soon be moving into a home built in 1900.

The basic structure is in really good shape, but it does need some electrical, plumbing and heating work.

Once it is ready to move into I want to restore one room at a time - not necessarily authentic, but to a more nostalgic look.

Almost all the original woodwork is still in tact including the banister!

If anyone knows places where I can get turn of the century style decor, I would appreciate it.

Magazines I can subscribe to would be a great help!!! Including turn of the century style gardening and landscaping.

It's kind of nice that it was built between two decorating eras as I will have so many more options that will work.

Ginger

Ginger, This is exciting. It sure should be a great challenge to decorate your new "old" turn of the century house. :cool: And it is the original woodwork and banister too! My son is a specialty contractor who has built new staircases with either a contemporary or an old fashioned look; but we both admire the real thing. He loves to restore things too..like old trunks. So does my husband including a 1910 wood stove which belonged to his grandmother.

You might try browsing around in some of the antique stores where you can sometimes find ideas and even things to use to decorate not to mention furniture, quilts, etc. And, of course, you could google something like.."Victorian or Turn of the Century or even Art Nouveau Home decorating magazines." and see what turns up on line.

Enjoy...:D

Back