TV viewing habits

I've been watching Parts Unknown (if I feel like going to eat in another country, Anthony Bourdain has probably been there) as I enjoy travel shows.
And then there's this series celebrating Kiwi Chinese food called Sik Fan Lah!
Mum wanted to watch cooking shows.

I don't watch sport. Dad has cricket on but I can't sit there and watch it, it takes all day.

Otherwise I've been practising karaoke, which has lyrics to the songs. I hook up to the mic and away I go.

I had a friend who seems hooked on an aussie soap called Home and Away, which is on 5 nights a week and she had to cut short her visit to me to go home and watch it. I'm like that is bad. lol

This is probably going to sound odd, but here goes:

The wife and I go to sleep with the TV on. Not sure why, but we have done this for 20 plus years. Probable for the last 8 or so years, we turn the TV to a show called MythBusters. The original ran for 14 seasons. We watch the 14 seasons, go back to Season 1, and do it again. We have been doing this non-stop for at least the last 8 years. Is that odd, of what?

My wife and I used to use the TV kind of as background. It would come on when we came home and off when we retired.

Since we last moved our new house is not serviced by cable, nor is broadcast much good.

While we have, at times had satellite, it billing practices made us upset so we got rid of it.

So we rely on cellular based hotspot for internet and that is it. We do have DVD/Blu-Ray and mane movies.

So I am sitting in my living room with my beloved and it is quiet quiet quiet. GREAT!

I got a bit bored of watching Anthony go to different places and eat.
He was in Japan enjoying all these meals but never home with his wife and daughter. I'm sure it was great for a while but travelling wears people out.

TV annoys me with ads so I never turn it on unless I have something specific to watch. I've quit jobs over background noise. Sometimes you can tune things out but people wonder why they go deaf in their old age possibly because everything is so noisy.

Back