TV

Tv ? Hmm yep any time I can sit down and watch a good ol out doors show on fishing or hunting. Maybe a race here there. Ok, Ok so I like blue bloods too.
However for the most part - it is the dvd player and the word. The wheather stations...
God Bless
Jim

I used to like this show called beyond 2000. I guess that shows my age.

It was all about clever inventions people had for the future.

It would be funny to watch that show now we in the 'future'. Also I remember when people were scared about the year 2000. They called it y2k and everyone thought it would all be over by then lol.

Do you read to your children naomos?

To my daughter, yes. Generally, our five month old is held and put to sleep, so he does not get read to at this time. As he gets older and is able to be put down and fall sleep on his own, I will incorporate reading to him as well. I do sing to him though.

In Christmas eve, even though my other five children our older, I read the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" as it is a tradition for us, over the phone to them. After I hang up the phone I read the story of our Lord's birth to my daughter who is usually sitting on my lap while I read over the phone to my other kids.

I used to read to our daughter from the "My Sweetest Bible" for little girls, which had condensed versions of selected books of the Bible such as Genesis, Exodus, Esther, the Gospels and so on.

She got a hold of it and destroyed it. We just haven't gotten around to buying another as of yet.

Turn the channel. rofl
It's the same with Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. They are filled with dirty, inappropriate jokes. And those were the only channels that I liked. If I were to watch TV, I would watch UFC, but I can watch that on my phone or laptop. So there is no good reason to watch TV. Why watch TV when we could be reading God's Word or spreading the Gospel anyway? Why play video games when we could read God's Word or spread the Gospel? Yes, entertainment is a "good" thing, but I think that it is a waste of time.

To my daughter, yes. Generally, our five month old is held and put to sleep, so he does not get read to at this time. As he gets older and is able to be put down and fall sleep on his own, I will incorporate reading to him as well. I do sing to him though.

In Christmas eve, even though my other five children our older, I read the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" as it is a tradition for us, over the phone to them. After I hang up the phone I read the story of our Lord's birth to my daughter who is usually sitting on my lap while I read over the phone to my other kids.
Why wouldn't you read the Lord's birth to your other kids over the phone too?

Why wouldn't you read the Lord's birth to your other kids over the phone too?

Because their mother wants nothing to do with God and doesn't want the kids to hear about him either. Since they do not live with me and I do not want to go to war with her, I honor her wishes.

My parents never read me any stories.

Funny I became a librarian.
When they started bringing tvs into libraries...i thought...this is the beginning of the end.

We used to have only two channels in nz to choose from, so everyone watched the same shows. Nowadays theres so many channels that cant be bothered.

It's the same with Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. They are filled with dirty, inappropriate jokes. And those were the only channels that I liked. If I were to watch TV, I would watch UFC, but I can watch that on my phone or laptop. So there is no good reason to watch TV. Why watch TV when we could be reading God's Word or spreading the Gospel anyway? Why play video games when we could read God's Word or spread the Gospel? Yes, entertainment is a "good" thing, but I think that it is a waste of time.

yep that is true Juk and getting burned out is an even more of a waste of time dont you think.
Tv and the internet and so forth is not bad nore good. It is simply an avenue or channel unto anything you choose.

Both can bring the Good news and build the body of Christ and draw people unto God and both can feed the flesh and tear down the spirit man that dwells in you. We make the choice.
God Bless

Reactions: Juk
yep that is true Juk and getting burned out is an even more of a waste of time dont you think.
Tv and the internet and so forth is not bad nore good. It is simply an avenue or channel unto anything you choose.

Both can bring the Good news and build the body of Christ and draw people unto God and both can feed the flesh and tear down the spirit man that dwells in you. We make the choice.
God Bless
That is true.

Hmm I dont recall ever hearing the gospel on tv.
Although..the Queen has been mentioning Jesus in her christmas messages lately.

Hmm I dont recall ever hearing the gospel on tv.
Although..the Queen has been mentioning Jesus in her christmas messages lately.

Sunday mornings especially here in the US various channels have different services on. This past Sunday I heard a Baptist pastor from Brandon, FL talking about the Gospel.

Back