TV

But then tv programmers decided to buy cheaper rubbish shows instead like idol shows.

Yeah, we have/have had (I'm not sure what is current) Pop Idol, X Factor, "reality" things like Big Brother, then there's The Apprentice, and so it goes on... One way or other, there is far more TV output that I have no time for whatsoever than there are programs I might enjoy.

Those shows are terrible. But I think some of the blame is nzs because we started some of these kinds of shows.
The very first one called Popstars. When the spice girls were in, tv executives decided to film auditioning for a made up girl band which named themselves True Bliss.

Another was a precursor to Big Brother called flatmates. Filming people flatting.

At first it was interesting but then the novelty wears off. Very quickly. Oh and survivor? We had something called Treasure Island.

Then americans took these ideas or was it the british...and turned them all funny cos they saw they could make money from them. They were originally ok shows, but now you get shows that ruthlessly exploit peoples lives.

On british food, would love a tv show that had someone who isnt british show you how to make british food like

Fish and chips
Bubble and squeak
Yorkshire pudding
Lamingtons
Meatloaf
Scones and jam
Cucumber sandwhiches

Im sure it will take off. Foreigners would love it.

I used to like this show called beyond 2000. I guess that shows my age.

It was all about clever inventions people had for the future.

It would be funny to watch that show now we in the 'future'. Also I remember when people were scared about the year 2000. They called it y2k and everyone thought it would all be over by then lol.
LOL beyond tomorrow. I remember that show. Whatever happen to the flying cars that were supposed to appear by the year 2000? heh

I am with you, I used to watch TV but I do not anymore and I do not miss it. From a bible perspective it says:

"I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me." Pslams 101:3

I believe it just opens the door for Satan to implant his ideas in your mind. Another verse that comes to mind,

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Cor 10:5

God Bless,
MoG

On british food, would love a tv show that had someone who isnt british show you how to make british food like

Fish and chips
Bubble and squeak
Yorkshire pudding
Lamingtons
Meatloaf
Scones and jam
Cucumber sandwhiches

Im sure it will take off. Foreigners would love it.

What, no toad in the hole?

Fish and chips is more something you get from a shop.

I had to look Lamingtons up - Wikipedia seems to suggest Australian.

Yes but there is a very british way of doing fish and chips. With mushy peas I think and plenty of lard.
Or kippers.
I have no idea what toad in the hole is..it doesnt sound very appetising!
Maybe I was thinking Chelsea buns. Australians like to think they have everything. Eg pavlova, which is a nz creation.

Ooh it looks weird. I've never had it or even seen it before. im not really a fan of sausages. You dont really know whats in them, could be anything.

Some nz dishes...if theres such a thing...

Shepherds pie..or we call it potato top pie
Smoked fish pie
Hangi
Roast lamb with mint sauce
Pork bones and puha
Anything made with watties tinned or frozen food with cheese on it...
Green lipped mussels
Any baking from the Edmonds Cookbook
Anything made by Alison Holst

Back