Two Types of Sin?

I sure do appreciate your words, Jim. However, whenever I think of the young man, or see him (I rarely do, now), I have to beat down a small feeling of something---is it resentment? Not absolutely positive. My mother, who was a pastoral counselor told me that it is like having a healed wound and the tendency we have to rub the scar. I don't have animosity or anything---just a scar. I believe the Lord is assuring me that He is not regarding this as bitterness or unforgiveness, but that it is just human memory. That said, I have had a person in my life hurt me badly in the past and do you think I can remember what happened? I wouldn't have even known had a third party not come to me and remind me one day! I remembered then, and quickly forgot it again! I cannot remember still! I think that is a miracle of God right there!

Many years ago I lived in a small town in central Calif. I was a pastor in this small town of a Church that my wife and I started. My wife came to me one day and said she wanted a divorce, and said she was having an affair with a store owner in town. This pretty much shook my life more than anything, as I loved my wife and family we had. To make a long story short, my wife decided it was not a good idea, and finally came to her senses. My wife was "bipolar, and manic depressive". If you have ever known anyone with this type of illness, they make a lot of bad choices because of a imbalance of chemicals in their brain.
What was I suppose to do? My wife did things that hurt me more than I can describe in words, and what about this guy she had an affair with. The only way for myself to stay in the "love" of God was to pray with all my heart for this guys salvation! This was very hard to do as I really did not want to do that, I knew that is what the Lord wanted. I had to forgive my wife also, and seeing her every day was a constant reminder of what had happened. These were the two hardest things I have ever had to do as a Christian, but they were the right thing to do. This was many years ago and the Lord has blessed me for what I had done. If I would had gone by my natural feelings I would just left and never come back. I would have just ran away from the pain I was in, thinking getting away was the answer.
Maybe this is why Jesus tells us......

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Praying for someone who hurts and uses you is usually the last thing we want to do, but it should be the first thing we do.
Love covers a multitude of sins.

This is basic. If you have done wrong, and the other person lets you know it, just admit it, say you were wrong, you offended and hurt the other person, ask to be forgiven.

I think now the teaching seems to be, if you get offended, you are the one thats in the wrong and should just never be offended and grow a thicker skin. Or get a life, or whatever. Let the offender get off scot free. Never confront them. So they can continue being obnoxious.

The holy spirit gets grieved..in these instances. You can say all you like against Jesus but if you deliberately blaspheme the holy spirit God is not going to forgive that, in this life or the next.

God can and will forgive anybody who repents with a contrite heart and humble spirit..Jesus blood paid for all this, but if you are too proud and do not accept Jesus died for not just you - the other person, well theres another place for you.

Yes, when I hear we are talking about offence, Matthew 24:10 comes to mind.
Many will be offended - firstly, then they will betray one another (secondly), and lastly, but worst, they will hate each other.
Ouch.
Best to be wary about being offended and also how you deal with it - the steps following that is ouchy.

Many years ago I lived in a small town in central Calif. I was a pastor in this small town of a Church that my wife and I started. My wife came to me one day and said she wanted a divorce, and said she was having an affair with a store owner in town. This pretty much shook my life more than anything, as I loved my wife and family we had. To make a long story short, my wife decided it was not a good idea, and finally came to her senses. My wife was "bipolar, and manic depressive". If you have ever known anyone with this type of illness, they make a lot of bad choices because of a imbalance of chemicals in their brain.
What was I suppose to do? My wife did things that hurt me more than I can describe in words, and what about this guy she had an affair with. The only way for myself to stay in the "love" of God was to pray with all my heart for this guys salvation! This was very hard to do as I really did not want to do that, I knew that is what the Lord wanted. I had to forgive my wife also, and seeing her every day was a constant reminder of what had happened. These were the two hardest things I have ever had to do as a Christian, but they were the right thing to do. This was many years ago and the Lord has blessed me for what I had done. If I would had gone by my natural feelings I would just left and never come back. I would have just ran away from the pain I was in, thinking getting away was the answer.
Maybe this is why Jesus tells us......

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Praying for someone who hurts and uses you is usually the last thing we want to do, but it should be the first thing we do.
Love covers a multitude of sins.

Thank you for sharing this most private testimony to your overcoming such deep pain. Your story is a true demonstration of how our faith in action, in obedience to God's word overcomes all tests, trials and trouble. Blessings to you, brother.

Thank you for sharing this most private testimony to your overcoming such deep pain. Your story is a true demonstration of how our faith in action, in obedience to God's word overcomes all tests, trials and trouble. Blessings to you, brother.
Thank you Sister. I do consider it more of letting the "love" of God to control us, than any of my own strength, but we do feel the pain within our self's in letting the Lord have his way.

Back