Tything

Give to God first-he will not let you down-you may be tesed, but He provides everything we need, if only we seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness.Matthew 6:33
God doesn't always give you what you want, but He gives you what you need. And I can not recall one day that I was without food, shelter, or clothes on my back. My God is an awesome God and has provided everything I have ever needed when all I ever deserved was hell. Praise Jesus, my Lord and savior.

"Beware of the scribes, who like to walk around in long robes, and love respectful greetings in the market places, and chief seats in the synagogues and places of honor at banquets, who devour widows' houses, and for appearance's sake offer long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation." And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury. And He saw a poor widow putting in two small copper coins. And He said, "Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them; for they all out of their surplus put into the offering; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on." And while some were talking about the temple, that it was adorned with beautiful stones and votive gifts, He said, "As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down." They questioned Him, saying, "Teacher, when therefore will these things happen? And what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?" And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them. "When you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end does not follow immediately." Then He continued by saying to them, "Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven. "But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name's sake. "It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony. "So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. "But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, and you will be hated by all because of My name. "Yet not a hair of your head will perish. "By your endurance you will gain your lives. "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. "Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city; because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. "Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." Then He told them a parable: "Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."
Luke 20:46-Luke 21:36

We don't have to give everything we have to live on, but God looks for cheerfulness and faith in the heart. But those are great leaps of faith, and i believe the poor widow was just as much provided for for as the Hebrews living on manna or the woman who gave her last ration of food to God's prophet. I heard a pastor discussing tithing and he put it this way, if we had invited God over for dinner, would we would serve Him with the best and serve Him first, or if we would treat Him like a dog under the table and give Him the last scrap, he made a good point. God wants to be first in our hearts, he will provide the things, He is well aware of our needs; are we arawe of His promises? Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.

Malachi 3:10

Mark 10:29-30

Job 41:11

Isaiah 43

God bless :)

Give to God first-he will not let you down-you may be tesed, but He provides everything we need, if only we seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness.Matthew 6:33
God doesn't always give you what you want, but He gives you what you need. And I can not recall one day that I was without food, shelter, or clothes on my back. My God is an awesome God and has provided everything I have ever needed when all I ever deserved was hell. Praise Jesus, my Lord and savior.

Amen Least .... good post.

Todays verse:

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Matthew 6:34

We don't have to give everything we have to live on, but God looks for cheerfulness and faith in the heart. But those are great leaps of faith, and i believe the poor widow was just as much provided for for as the Hebrews living on manna to the woman who gave her last ration of food to God's prophet. I heard a pastor discussing tithing and he put it this way, if we had invited God over for dinner, would we would serve Him with the best and serve Him first, or if we would treat Him like a dog under the table and give Him the last scrap, he made a good point. God wants to be first in our hearts, he will provide the things He knows we need.
God bless :)

I love that example .:)

In the parable of the talents Jesus teaches us that whatever God entrusts to us we must be good servants ---- use it wisely and what we are entrusted with as God sees , we are to be faithful with . And if we are faithful in the small things He will entrust us with more.

Ecclesiastes 11

Boldly Face the Future

1 Invest what you have,
because after a while you will get a return.
2 Invest what you have in several different businesses,
because you don't know what disasters might happen.

3 If clouds are full of rain,
they will shower on the earth.
A tree can fall to the north or south,
but it will stay where it falls.
4 Those who wait for perfect weather
will never plant seeds;
those who look at every cloud
will never harvest crops.

5 You don't know where the wind will blow,
and you don't know how a baby grows inside the mother.
In the same way, you don't know what God is doing,
or how he created everything.
6 Plant early in the morning,
and work until evening,
because you don't know if this or that will succeed.
They might both do well.

I believe we should be obedient to the Word and stand upon God's promises because He also tells us there is power in giving and also wants us to give regularly.

Sow now ---- plant --- will reap. It's as simple as that . Why do we make it complicated .

The only person who stands in the way is " Us"

Luke 6:38..... Give, and you will receive. You will be given much. Pressed down, shaken together, and running over, it will spill into your lap. The way you give to others is the way God will give to you."

Tithing is a commanded payment. One tenth of your increase. You pay your tithes.

Offerings are given. They too are commanded, but the amount is up to you. You give offerings.

Tithing is a commanded payment. One tenth of your increase. You pay your tithes.

Offerings are given. They too are commanded, but the amount is up to you. You give offerings.

Yes RickyN, the Israelites gave their tithes, their offerings and their gifts whilst under the Law. How much more generous should we be under grace.

We should give:

Spiritually 2 Cor. 8.5
Willingly " 8.3
Gratefully " 8.7
Proportionately 2 Cor. 8.12
Liberally " 9. 5 and 6
Purposefully " 9.7
Cheerfully (Greek reads :israel:hilariously!!

I still remember many years ago counting a £5 note from the offering with ha! ha! ha! written on it.

God Bless everyone as we learn together

Back