Under Submission--or--in Subjection?

Which best describes you, and why?

I would say my life has been submitting. I don't have very many emotions and to me things are black and white.
I am not an emotion ruled person, but I feel at times it has hurt others feelings.
To me being under subjection would grasp more compassion. I have had issues where I did not obey the Lord, and find myself forcing myself to submit. It was just a matter of logical choice, obey God and things go well, don't obey and things don't go so well.

It could be I don't understand what subjection really is. I see others fall under the power of the anointing and I am standing right there with nothing. I do sense the anointing but not in that subjective state others seem to have.

On the other hand, I have been able to hear the Lord because of this lack of emotion. Feeling or circumstances don't get in the way or a list of natural reasons to where I can't hear. One thing folks do say about me, I hear God. They don't mention my compassion or love though.

If you need the solution and are done with the crying and feeling sorry for yourself, I am one to come to. If you need someone to walk you through and put up with those emotions, then best to skip me.

I don't know, I would say I submit more than anything. I am not sure I understand fully what both mean.

Be blessed.

Subjection: it is mandatory. We are all subjects of the King of kings, and His word is final. It cannot be broken or altered.
For example: God spoke and created the Light. Now the light from the sun, and the stars, and the moon can give off or reflect
light: but the Light that was created on the first day is the only Light that "...lights every man that comes into the world."

Submission:
It is voluntary. It can be associated with our "free will". We can pay honor, respect, or homage, or we can even demonstrate love to an individual. We open the door for our wives, help our children in many areas, let the elderly sit first, etc.
It is completely voluntary.

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16 ¶ Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

If I feel subjected I fear God. If I am submitted - something I am willing to be - I love God. I love God and I am thus submitted. I would hate a god that would force me to obey him! And a god like that would not show the ultimate in love: giving His life! Such a god would not use the word Love either!

Subjection: it is mandatory. We are all subjects of the King of kings, and His word is final. It cannot be broken or altered.
For example: God spoke and created the Light. Now the light from the sun, and the stars, and the moon can give off or reflect
light: but the Light that was created on the first day is the only Light that "...lights every man that comes into the world."

Submission:
It is voluntary. It can be associated with our "free will". We can pay honor, respect, or homage, or we can even demonstrate love to an individual. We open the door for our wives, help our children in many areas, let the elderly sit first, etc.
It is completely voluntary.

OK, thank you for clearing that up. I am submitted. Subjection would be for Calvinist belief.

by the "gift of grace" (aka mercy) God allows us redemption by "submission" ..
those rebellious against being submissive, receive "subjection" ..

by "free-will" we are submissive ..
"subjection" can not be applied to those who "submit by free-will" (bond servant) ..

those who do not "submit", will receive "subjection" ..
"even the demons must obey Him" ..
as "all power was given to Jesus" ..

thus ALL are under subjection in the end, but God allows us to rebel or submit ..
and gives to us depending on either choice we make ..

Last edited:
love is honored by devotion and submission ..
if I love, I am NOT bound by subjection to be submissive to whom I love's whims ..
I am submissive out of "free will" because I love ..
if I felt "subjected" to comply with whims, it would because I do not love in the first place, and feel "subjected" only because I would need to comply to substantiate what I want out of the relation (self-centered) not because of the true love I feel ..

belief/trust and works/charity = love

If I feel subjected I fear God. If I am submitted - something I am willing to be - I love God. I love God and I am thus submitted. I would hate a god that would force me to obey him! And a god like that would not show the ultimate in love: giving His life! Such a god would not use the word Love either!

God is the King: Has He not made laws that cannot be broken, and declared commandments and statutes? Can the Laws of Creation be broken or rescinded? Does not the creation of plants and animals, including man, rest upon those first seven Laws of Creation? Has man not been made subject to those laws...or, what is the law of gravity?

Commandments and statutes contain either a curse or a blessing: therefore they may be broken and subject to a curse; or they can be obeyed, and receive a blessing.
(Just my thoughts)

Walk in Peace.

God is the King: Has He not made laws that cannot be broken, and declared commandments and statutes. Can the Laws of Creation be broken or rescinded? Does not the creation of plants and animals, including man, rest upon those first seven Laws of Creation? Has man not been made subject to those laws, or what is the law of gravity?

Commandments and statutes contain either a curse or a blessing: therefore they may be broken abd subject to a curse; or they
can be obeyed, and receive a blessing. (Just my thoughts)

Walk in Peace.
Yes God makes laws and He makes higher laws that overcome lower laws. He makes laws in the Spirit that overcome the laws of the temporal realm.

Ro 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

by the "gift of grace" (aka mercy) God allows us redemption by "submission" ..
those rebellious against being submissive, receive "subjection" ..
by "free-will" we are submissive ..
"subjection" can not be applied to those who "submit by free-will" (bond servant) ..
those who do not "submit", will receive "subjection" ..
"even the demons must obey Him" ..
as "all power was given to Jesus" ..
thus ALL are under subjection in the end, but God allows us to rebel or submit ..
and gives to us depending on either choice we make ..

I like your respinse: so don't think I am being facetious.
Now: is there a Law of Creation to which man is not subject?

Beloved, Walk in the Light.

Yes God makes laws and He makes higher laws that overcome lower laws. He makes laws in the Spirit that overcome the laws of the temporal realm.

Ro 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

The Law of Sin and Death has not been rescinded or annulled: but will be, after the last judgment. People are still sinning, and
people are still dying. However, the "...Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus..." has given us something to embrace. Will not
even the "higher laws that overcome the lower laws", nonetheless, submit to the laws of Creation until their fulfillment?

The Law of Sin and Death has not been rescinded or annulled: but will be, after the last judgment. People are still sinning, and
people are still dying. However, the "...Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus..." has given us something to embrace. Will not
even the "higher laws that overcome the lower laws", nonetheless, submit to the laws of Creation until their fulfillment?

It is for me...maybe not for you? One needs to be walking "IN" the Spirit of life to overcome the law of sin and death. I have not seen that evidence in you.. so "your" probably right to reject this promise.

Who here has reached the state of sinless perfection other than being declared so by God? Practically, but not that we will to be disobedient as I know everyone here strives for this perfection daily...

I think procreation is a continuation of creation ..
and God created man from love ..
hence all procreation not of spousal love is a perversion of a law of creation as well ..
hence WHY it is a sin ..

It is for me...maybe not for you? One needs to be walking "IN" the Spirit of life to overcome the law of sin and death. I have not seen that evidence in you.. so "your" probably right to reject this promise.

"Except a man is born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Last edited:
Back