under the sun....

The wrath of God abides upon all of mankind.

John 3:36 KJV
(36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

His wrath IS REVEALED from heaven against ALL ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who hold the Truth down in unrighteousness. All are perishing away to the grave.

Romans 1:18-19 KJV
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

The current heavens and earth which are NOW are “reserved”…that is, STORED NOW with “fire” against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. This day comes for everyone in the here and now. He is patient with us all not willing that any should perish from off this earth but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:7-9 KJV
(7) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

(8) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

He turns man to destruction and says for us to “RETURN, ye children of men”. He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Psalms 90:3-4 KJV
(3) Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
(4) For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

He has subjected the creature to vanity in HOPE that all should come to repentance. The creation itself shall be delivered from the bondage of “corruption”…DECAY…into the glorious liberty of the children of God who shall be revealed for all to see.

Romans 8:18-22 KJV
(18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
(19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
(20) For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

(21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
(22) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

The creature was made subject to vanity. Vanity of vanities….all is vanity “under the sun”. What profit does a man have of all of his labor which he takes under the sun of God’s wrath? “under the sun” = abiding under God’s wrath.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-4 KJV
(1) The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
(2) Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
(3) What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

The world and its lusts ARE PASSING AWAY NOW. No flesh is being saved under the sun.

(4) One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

God has given this “sore travail” unto the sons of man to be “exercised” therewith ….that is, to be MADE LOW….to humiliate… to depress in hopes that all should not perish but come to repentance..

Ecclesiastes 1:12-14 KJV
(12) I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
(13) And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
(14) I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. He has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty and the base things of the world and things which are despised and things which are not to bring to NOTHING things that are.

1 Corinthians 1:25-31 KJV
(25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
(26) For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
(27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

(28) And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

All of the world and its lusts ARE passing away NOW. This is a present, continuous thing. NO FLESH is being saved so that they can glory. The wise….the rich…all of the sons of men perish away from this earth “under the sun” of God’s wrath. NO FLESH can glory for all are passing away under the sun of God's wrath. No flesh of the world is being saved. The things of this world do not save the flesh of anyone...for all are dying.

(29) That no flesh should glory in his presence.
(30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
(31) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

The rich are “made low”…for God has given the sons of man “sore traval” to be exercised (made low) therewith. The "sun" of His wrath rises with a burning heat to wither the grass (the flesh of men) and their glory fades and falls away. No flesh can glory in the presence of God.

James 1:9-11 KJV
(9) Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
(10) But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
(11) For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

God has concluded all in unbelief so that He might have mercy upon ALL.

Romans 11:32-33 KJV
(32) For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
(33) O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

The Scripture has concluded ALL under sin so that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that BELIEVE.

Galatians 3:22 KJV
(22) But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Whosoever BELIEVES into Him should NOT PERISH but have an age-lasting life….in the here and now….in this world.

John 3:14-21 KJV
(14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
(15) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. The world IS CONDEMNED ALREADY. The world and its lusts are passing away…for ALL are perishing in the here and now. NO FLESH is being saved.

(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This is the condemnation.....

(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
(20) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
(21) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

As many that receive Him, He has gave the power to become the sons of God…..to those that believe on His name….His authority…for they will do His commandment to have love for one another. The Word is made FLESH when we DO His commandments and we LIVE to the Age for all the world to see His glory.

John 1:10-14 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Let us hear the conclusion of the WHOLE MATTER: Fear God and keep His commandments. This is the “whole” of man: body, soul and spirit are saved in the here and now as we shall not perish “under the sun” of God’s wrath.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
(13) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
(14) For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

The “sun” shall rise upon each of us. Our bodies shall break down as we decay away to the grave. The evil days come when we shall have no pleasure in them.

Ecclesiastes 12:1-8 KJV
(1) Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
(2) While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

The hands (keepers of the house) shall tremble with “age”. The legs (the strong men) bow themselves and the “grinders” (teeth) cease because they are few and the eyes become dim (the windows).

(3) In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened
(4) And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
(5) Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
(6) Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

We eventually perish from off the earth and our spirit shall return to God who gave it.

(7) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
(8) Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

But those who will trust in God…doing what He says….shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. We shall not be any longer “under the sun” of God’s wrath but shall enter into His rest.

Psalms 91:1-16 KJV
(1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
(2) I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
(3) Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
(4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
(5) Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
(6) Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
(7) A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

We shall continue to live and see the reward of the wicked as we make Him our refuge. The sun...the heat....shall no longer strike us.

(8) Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
(9) Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

The “dwelling” is our mortal body….

(10) There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
(11) For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
(12) They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
(13) Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
(14) Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
(15) He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

With a LONG LIFE (“eternal life”) shall He satisfy us with. He will show us His salvation.

(16) With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

To be continued….

We are NOW justified by His blood. We are saved from THE wrath of God through Him. The wrath of God ALREADY is upon ALL men. He is merciful and patient not wanting any to perish but that all come to repentance…to change our minds.

Romans 5:8-11 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Our mortal bodies are saved from the wrath of God by the life of His Son. We are reconciled to God by the death of His Son. As He loved us and gave His life for us, we are to also love one another…..keeping the daily sacrifice.

(10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
(11) And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

We are to keep THE Sacrifice and bear about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus…..always…so that THE LIFE also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal bodies…..in the here and now. In the here and now is where we display the glory of God….for it is the excellency of the power of God that will keep us standing upon this earth.

2 Corinthians 4:7-11 KJV
(7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
(8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
(10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

THE Life of Jesus is to be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

(11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

We are justified by His blood. The “lintel” is our heart and the “two side posts” are our hands that we are to cleanse in His blood. All of evil comes from the heart.

Exodus 12:22-24 KJV
(22) And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning

When we keep His sacrifice, Jehovah will pass over the “door” and not suffer the destroyer to come in unto our “houses”…..our MORTAL BODIES…to smite us. We shall be saved from the wrath of God that comes upon ALL men in this world (the Egyptians) as they perish away from off the earth in their worldly ways.

(23) For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

This is an ordinance “for ever”….that is, an ordinance for “eternal life”….an age-lasting life.

(24) And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

We are to cleanse our hands (the 2 door posts) and purify our hearts (the lintel) by the blood of Christ.

James 4:8-10 KJV
(8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

With “bitter herbs” (be afflicted and mourn and weep) are we to keep the Passover.

(9) Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

We are to humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall “lift” us up. His life shall appear and exalt us in due time as the rest of the world is perishing away in their ways.

(10) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

A brother of “low degree” shall rejoice in that he is being exalted….by continuing to LIVE in the here and now as the LIFE of Jesus that appears in the mortal flesh. We are to show the world what it truly means to fear God and keep His commandments as His power keeps us standing.

James 1:8-10 KJV
(8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
(9) Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:

But the world and its lusts and those who love it are passing away as their mortal bodies are decaying away to the grave under the wrath of God. They are being made low as their mortal bodies are perishing. The present time is theirs and their glory is fleeting away but the future is ours in Christ.

(10) But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

We are to keep the Feast with the unleavened bread of Truth and sincerity….doing ALL THINGS without murmurings and disputing so that we may SHINE as Lights in this dark world. We shall hold forth the Word of Life in this dark and dying…perishing…world. We shall be exalted as His life shall manifest in us to this world….for we shall continue to LIVE as the rest of the world is perishing in the dark ways. We shall shine as Lights in this dark world as we hold forth the Word of Life.

Philippians 2:14-16
(14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
(15) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
(16) Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neith
er laboured in vain.

We hold forth the Word of life to this world. As Jesus showed himself ALIVE after his “passion”…that is, suffering, we also bear about the dying of our Lord Jesus in our bodies (keeping His commandment to have love for one another as we suffer persecution for our faith) so that His LIFE might be made manifest in our mortal flesh for all to see. We also are to speak of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God as the kingdoms of this world shall become His kingdom in Christ.

Acts 1:1-3 KJV
(1) The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
(2) Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen
:

“After” His passion = AMID His sufferings. We participate in His sufferings for the unbelievers in the churches will not believe that the Lord IS COME in the flesh and shall persecute us.

(3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

The breath of the antichrist confesses NOT that Jesus Christ IS COME NOW in the flesh…that is, that the LIFE of Jesus manifests in OUR MORTAL FLESH in the here and now. They do not and will not show any love towards those who will believe this. They say they love God but do NOT His commandment to have love for another.....deceivers.

2 John 1:6-8 KJV
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
(7) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
(8) Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

Again….we show ourselves ALIVE as His life is made manifest in our mortal flesh as we shall suffer persecutions (after His “passion”…amid His sufferings) from those who will not believe. Our earthen vessels shall not be destroyed…for we shall continue to live as His life manifests in our mortal flesh. The Word is made FLESH and we are NOT DESTROYED. The “destroyer” shall pass over us and not smite our house….the mortal body ….for we “eat” of the Passover having love for one another as He loved us and gave His life for us.

2 Corinthians 4:7-11 KJV
(7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
(8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
(10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
(11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

If we shall suffer with Him (amid His “passion”), we shall also be glorified together with Him as His life shall be made manifest in our mortal flesh and we show ourselves ALIVE in Him.

Romans 8:16-21 KJV
(16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
(17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

(18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

We show ourselves ALIVE in Him to the rest of the world…..the manifestation of the sons of God…for His life shall appear in our mortal flesh to His glory.

(19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
(20) For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
(21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

WE are His “infallible proofs”…..His “signs”.

Isaiah 8:16-18 KJV
(16) Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

His LIFE shall appear in our mortal flesh and we shall be for “signs”….infallible proofs…to be beheld by people. We are the CHILDREN OF GOD:
the Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;

(17) And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
(18) Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Jonah was a sign to the men of Nineveh. He was in the “whale’s belly” which is symbolic of death. Death shall have no more power over us in Christ Jesus who gives His LIFE …His FLESH…for us. His flesh is given for the life of the world. His life appears in our mortal flesh so that the world (the men of “Nineveh”) shall see and hear and BELIEVE in God.

Matthew 12:39-41 KJV
(39) But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
(40) For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Even the men of the world shall hear and believe before the wicked generation of the unbelievers in the churches of covetous men who will resist the preaching of the Spirit and not receive the love of the Truth. “Jonah” = “dove” = Spirit.

(41) The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

We are to go into all of the world (“Nineveh”) and preach the good news to every creature….the “great commission”.

Mark 16:15-16 KJV
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jonah preached very little: “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown”. Yet, Jonah was the “sign” of the Lord for them…..for death had no hold upon him as the great fish had vomited him out of its mouth. The Life of Jesus appears in our mortal flesh and we hold forth the Word of Life to this dark world of men who know not their right hand from their left hand.

We are to “arise” from the "dead" and go into all of the world to preach the good news.

Jonah 3:1-5 KJV
(1) And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
(2) Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
(3) So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
(4) And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

The people of Nineveh BELIEVED God. He shall gather together all things in Him.

(5) So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Nineveh could not discern between their right hand and their left hand. The Lord’s mercy is abounding and the earth shall be FILLED with His knowledge and glory.

Jonah 4:10-11 KJV
(10) Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night:
(11) And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

We can not keep company with those who call themselves “brothers” and are covetous. They preach for money. They build great church buildings and denominations of men and they keep their prisoners locked up with their doctrines and carnal commandments which only lead MANY astray from the commandment to have love for one another and into envying and strife. We CAN NOT SIT together with them as we PERISH away with them in their doings.

Instead, we are to be followers of God and walk in LOVE as Christ also has loved us and has given Himself for us an offering and sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savor. Let us keep the “daily sacrifice” and have love for one another.

Ephesians 5:1-14 KJV
(1) Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
(2) And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

But let not covetousness….the abomination of desolation….be once named among us as becoming saints.

(3) But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
(4) Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

If we listen to men who deceive us with their empty words spoken after their hidden covetousness, then we are perishing away with them. Because of these things, the wrath of God comes upon them….the children of disobedience. They are perishing away in their denominations of envying and strife as they live according to the lusts of men in the high places of their churches. The life of Jesus is not being made manifest in their flesh. NO FLESH is being saved in their company.

(5) For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
(6) Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

We are NOT to be partakers with them or we PERISH.

(7) Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
(8) For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
(9) (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
(10) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
(11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
(12) For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
(13) But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

We are to “awake” from our “sleep” and arise from the “dead” and Christ shall give us Light. We are to come out from among them.

(14) Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Let us hear what the shipmaster said to Jonah:

Jonah 1:6 KJV
(6) So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him, What meanest thou, O sleeper? arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not.

We are supposed to go out to preach the good news of His life to the world….but men being children of disobedience, instead, flee from the presence of God unto “Tarshish” which means “region of the stone”. Jonah went down to “Joppa” which means “beautiful” and found a ship going to “Tarshish” and he paid the fare thereof and went down into it and he fell asleep.

Jonah 1:1-3 KJV
(1) Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
(2) Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.
(3) But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.

“Tarshish” = “place of the stone”…..that is, the place of tomb stones….the grave. Men are as white washed graves. If we go to men who appear “beautiful” on the outside (JOPPA = beautiful) as they appear unto men as righteous, then we shall perish when we keep company with them. They appear as righteous men but they are within full of hypocrisy and iniquity. They do things in secret. We pay them their “fare”….for they preach for money.

Matthew 23:27-28 KJV
(27) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
(28) Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Luke 11:44 KJV
(44) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.

We are to present our mortal bodies a LIVING sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God. We can not sit together with men who use their tongues for fornication for we become ONE FLESH with them. We perish right along with them.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
(1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

We are to be transformed…..TRANSFIGURED….by the renewing of our minds so that we may PROVE what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. We PROVE to the world what it means to do His will for our LIVING bodies shall be the PROOF.

(2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We can then truly fulfill the “great commission” that we are supposed to do .

to be continued...

Caleb also had “eternal” LIFE….for he did not pass away those 40 years in the desert. Caleb BELIEVED in the Lord. He had another “spirit”….FAITH….and followed Him FULLY. We also shall inherit the earth….the “promised land”…as we shall live to possess it. As He LIVES, we shall also live to see this earth be filled with the glory of Jehovah.

Numbers 14:20-24 KJV
(20) And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word:
(21) But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.
(22) Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
(23) Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
(24) But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

But whose carcasses did fall in the wilderness? The unbelievers among His people. Their mortal bodies perished from off the earth for they did NOT believe. They did not enter into His rest as they did abide under His wrath and perished for their unbelief.

Hebrews 3:17-19 KJV
(17) But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
(18) And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
(19) So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

We can NOT keep company with those who call themselves “brothers” but are covetous….for they lead us astray after their things: bigger church buildings, greater ministries, bigger congregations, bigger bank accounts, etc. They think that gain is godliness. We must present our bodies as a living sacrifice and not keep company with those who lead us astray from His commandment to have love for one another.

1 Corinthians 5:7-13 KJV
(7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(8) Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(9) I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
(10) Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
(11) But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
(12) For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
(13) But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person

They shall not inherit the kingdom of God for they will not live to see the "promised land"....the promised earth the home of righteousness.

1 Co 6:
(9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
(10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

LIFE is more than meat and the mortal BODY more than raiment. The world goes after these things first….but we are to seek His kingdom FIRST and He will add these things for He knows we need them. No man can serve 2 masters. We cannot serve God and mammon. We can not be “double-minded” about this.

Matthew 6:24-25 KJV
(24) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(25) Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

We can not be “double-minded”. We can not “halt between 2 opinions”. We are to follow Him and not “Baal”….which means “master, lord”. We can NOT serve 2 masters. We can not serve God and mammon. The prophets of Baal serve after money as they preach for money.

1 Kings 18:20-22 KJV
(20) So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
(21) And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

The number of false prophets are many

(22) Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

The false prophets lead MANY astray from His commandment into their denominations of envying and strife….unto the destruction of the flesh. Their goal is to gain something (silver, gold, apparel) from their congregations.

They lead MANY away from the Word….the Saying: whatever you would have men to do you, even so do to them. This is the Law and the Prophets that we fulfill so that we may enter into LIFE in the here and now. This is keeping the “new” commandment that keeps our mortal bodies “fresh” and will not perish away in the decay that we so easily see in this world that is under the wrath of God….under the sun of His wrath.

Matthew 7:12-20 KJV

(12) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The false prophets come to us in sheep’s clothing and lead us astray from His commandment and into the destruction of the flesh. MANY are abiding under the wrath and are being destroyed.

(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
(14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Everyone that follows them is “cast into the fire”….as they PERISH from off the earth. The children of disobedience are children of wrath even as the outside world is as they all are dying. NO FLESH is being saved in their presence.

(16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

MANY are walking after the lusts of men in their denominations and are by nature the children of WRATH even as others….even as the world. NO FLESH IS BEING SAVED under their influence. Many are still under the wrath of God even as the outside world.

Ephesians 2:1-4 KJV
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
(4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

We know them by their fruits……for their lives are being removed from this earth. They are perishing from off this earth in the “fire”….the wrath of God is still abiding upon them. Their flesh is destroyed so that the spirit may be saved. They are suffering loss and they themselves are saved yet so as by FIRE.

They have lost their mortal bodies in the fire. Our God is a consuming fire. We are to be built as a lively building in LOVE…not with “gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble. “ Not with gain…not with envying and strife….but with LOVE for one another.

1 Corinthians 3:11-20 KJV
(11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
(14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
(15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
(17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
(18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
(19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
(20) And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

To be continued…

Back