Undercover Boss....

The Lord will send out His messengers ….the brothers…to speak His words of life and spirit to the churches. They will come in His “name”….His authority….as His “name” shall be written upon their foreheads. We are expected to be hospitable…..remembering to have brotherly love. He that will hear them, will hear Him…..

Luke 10:16 KJV
(16) He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

We are to let brotherly love continue and not be forgetful to entertain “strangers” and their words…..the messengers of God.

Hebrews 13:1-2 KJV
(1) Let brotherly love continue.
(2) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers
: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

We are to love the brothers who will come in His name……passing from death unto life.

1 John 3:14 KJV
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

What the brothers will speak will not conform to what men have been preaching for the last 2000 years….but we are expected to lose our “life” for His sake to find it. We are to count all of our own religious ideas, thoughts and ways as a “loss” for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus our Lord. He is Lord of our own thoughts and ways which we are expected to lose in favor of His knowledge which we hear with our own ears. We are to suffer the loss of all of those things….not stubbornly clinging to our own righteousness….so that we may have FAITH and to be found in Him. Men will have a knee-jerk reaction to argue their own beliefs and viewpoints when hearing the Word of Truth….but they are counseled to OVERCOME.

Philippians 3:4-11 KJV
(4) Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
(5) Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
(6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
(7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
(8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

We are to be found in Him by keeping His commandment to have love for each other. We are to be found in the book of life.

(9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

We are to DO these things…being found in the book of life…..so that we may know Him. We will never know Him if we continue in bad behavior towards what we hear.

(10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
(11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

The called out in “Philadelphia”….meaning “brotherly love”…..will have “little strength” towards what they will hear the open mouth that speaks the words of God to their ears. They will keep His word to have love for one another and will not deny His “name”…His authority for they will hear Him and keep what they hear and keep His commandments.

Revelation 3:7-12 KJV
(7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
(8) I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Men will want to argue what they will hear….but they are to lose their lives for His sake to find it. Men shall see “strangers” coming to them….not understanding that these “strangers” come in His name to speak with the door of utterance His words.

Will men be found “sleeping”…not remembering to behave with brotherly love? The church in Philadelphia remembered to keep His commandment to have love for their brothers. Whosoever shall give a “cup of cold water” in the name of a disciple shall in no wise lose their reward….His LIFE. Those sent by Him “thirst” for a welcoming response….a cup of cold water.

Matthew 10:39-42 KJV
(39) He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
(40) He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
(41) He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
(42) And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

The Lord...the King... comes under cover of those who are sent out to preach His words. They are the brothers who will be persecuted for speaking His words to the churches as they will appear as "strangers" before many and will be mistreated by many unbelieving in the churches by the Diotrephes's.....men who love to be first...and those who will follow after their pernicious ways.

Matthew 25:33-40 KJV
(33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

We are to be like the 2 disciples who did not recognize Jesus at first. All they saw was a stranger….their eyes were “holden” that they should not know Him.

Luke 24:13-16 KJV
(13) And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
(14) And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
(15) And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
(16) But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

They listened to what Jesus had to say….not knowing who He was. They behaved and did not argue with Him as He opened up the Scriptures to their understanding.

Luke 24:27-30 KJV
(27) And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
(28) And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.

The 2 disciples entertained the “stranger”…Jesus…as they constrained Him by saying “Abide with us…”

(29) But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

They kept the feast without malice and wickedness. They behaved in sincerity and truth.

(30) And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

But some men will not receive the “least brothers” of Him sent out to preach for their edification. They will instead be filled with “vinegar” …sour wine…wrath… in their hearts and will speak evil of what the will hear….putting it to their mouths. An evil man out of the evil treasure in his heart will bring forth evil things out of his mouth.

John 19:28-30 KJV
(28) After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
(29) Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

We are to be enlightened by what we hear the Holy Spirit saying….being made partakers. We are to taste the good Word of God as spoken by the Spirit. We are to be filled with what the Spirit is saying and not with the wine of wrath and speak evil with “hyssop” (the tongue) full of vinegar.

Hebrews 6:4-12 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Some will react to what they hear with badness. They will crucify what they will hear and put Him to open shame with speaking evil: false accusations and stubborn opposition. they will not obey His commandment to have love for one another while they treat the brotherly covenant as a common thing.

(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

The “rain” comes often. His doctrine comes often upon our hearts and we are expected to bring forth good things out of our hearts towards those who are sent to preach His words of life and spirit….His messengers. We are to receive blessing from God for doing so: an age-lasting LIFE in the here and now. We will cross over from death to life because we love the brothers.

(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity.

Psalms 133:1-3 KJV
(1) A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

It is the anointing…. it is the precious ointment upon the head....

(2) It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

…and it is there that we receive His blessing: LIFE to the age. We are to taste the powers of the Age to come.

(3) As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

We are to be of ONE MIND having compassion for each other knowing that we are called to inherit a blessing for such things: an age-lasting LIFE in the here and now.

1 Peter 3:8-12 KJV
(8) Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

The blessing: everlasting life in the here and now.

(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessin
g.

He that will love LIFE (the blessing) and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil……

(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ens
ue it.
(12) For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

But he that will bring forth bad things out of the evil of his heart is near unto cursing and whose end is to be burned. They will not be found in the book of life because of their evil response.

Hebrews 6:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

So let us “work” our labor of love for His name….His authority…and keep His commandments. We are to minister unto the saints LOVE. We are to entertain “strangers” with diligence.

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
(11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
(12) That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

If we continue to sin willfully (continuing to speak evil of our brothers who come preaching His knowledge) after we have received the full knowledge of the Truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins.

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
(28) He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Some will trodden down those who are sent by Him…trodding down under foot the Son of God. They will count the blood of the covenant wherein they are sanctified as an unholy thing….a common thing. Our Lord loved us and gave His life for us…..and we are to have brotherly love and keep the covenant. They will do contrary things despite the Spirit….the breath of grace….for the brothers will not return evil for their evil.

(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
(30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
(31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Those found in “Sardis”….meaning “red ones”…will not be FOUND in the book of life even though they have a name that they live. They will hear and trample under foot the Son of God….staining their garments with the blood of the covenant for they will not keep it. Their works will not be found perfect before God. They are to “awake” and cast off the works of darkness.

Revelation 3:1-6 KJV
(1) And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
(2) Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

They are counseled to remember how they have received and heard His Word and hold fast….DO it…and repent….change the mind. If they will not awake to His righteousness, He shall come upon them as a thief for their judgment.

(3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Some will hear and overcome. They will awake to His righteousness and be FOUND in Him as they will walk before Him in white.

(4) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Their names will not be blotted out of the book of life. We are to overcome the evil that will come out of our mouths when we hear the Spirit speaking to us today. He that has an ear is to HEAR what the Spirit is saying and not resist the Spirit.

(5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
(6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

....continued from previous post..

We are to follow after good and not evil when His least brothers shall come preaching the knowledge of our Lord to their ears. We are to be FOUND in Him…..being written in the book of life. They come to preach for OUR GOOD and not for our destruction.

Romans 13:

(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
(2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
(3) For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
(4) For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
(5) Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
(6) For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

The brothers will not carry the sword in vain. Those who will react in evil towards what they have to say are given opportunities to repent of their evil deeds which will be displayed before the brothers and the Lord. The Word exposes what secrets are in the hearts of men. Those who will bring forth evil things out of the evil in their hearts will be near unto cursing and their end is to be “burned”.

Matthew 18:

(15) Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
(16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
(17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

The first time, a straying brother ( one that will react in his evil towards what he hears) is to be told of his fault between them alone. If he persists in his evil, we are to take 2 or 3 witnesses. The “witnesses” are the words of the prophets and apostles. We take “Moses” with us to warn them of their coming judgment if they will not repent of their evil.

John 5:

(45) Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
(46) For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
(47) But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

We take “Moses” for a witness….for the law is made for the lawless and disobedient. The law is GOOD if a man use it lawfully. It is to be used towards those who will not show brotherly love as a warning of the judgment for doing such things. Anyone who rejects the law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

1 Timothy 1:
(8) But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
(9) Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
(10) For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
(11) According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

ALL scripture is given by the inspiration of God (His Breath enlivens the Scriptures) and is profitable for doctrine and for REPROOF, for CORRECTION , for instruction in righteousness.

(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

We are to reprove so that every man of God may be complete….being furnished unto all good works. A man who will receive reproof is wise and he will correct his evil works. He will OVERCOME.

(17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

We take any of the witnesses…. the prophets or “Paul” or “Peter” with us so that every word shall be established.

2 Corinthians 13:
(1) This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

The “second time” Bible verses are to be used in response to a brother who strays away from the brotherly covenant so that they may hear and remember the brotherly covenant and repent. They will understand that they will be judged for their continued willful sins….their evil speaking.

They are warned 3 times….before the Lord comes upon them for their judgment. If they do not awake to His righteousness, He shall come upon them as at thief in the night for judgment: “if I come again, I will not spare”

(2) I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

They will sin…speak evil…of what the brothers have to say. In their unbelief, they will not think that Christ is speaking in them. His speaking is not weak but is powerful….and we are to be “weak” in Him towards what He has to say. The church in Philadelphia showed “little strength” towards the “open door” that spoke His Word.

(3) Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.
(4) For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you

We are to really examine ourselves whether we are in the faith. How are we behaving? We are to be honest with ourselves and see how we are truly reacting. Is it in love or pride and wrath? Are we living according to Jesus Christ who is in us or are we “reprobates”? Do we hear His voice and feel His presence within us?

(5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
(6) But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Paul prayed to God that we do no evil before those sent to preach the words of God. He prayed this not so that the speaker should appear to be approved but that we should do what is honest anyways. We are to show brotherly love at all times and all situations anyway….even if the “stranger” before us appears as a “reprobate” in our eyes.

(7) Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
(8) For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
(9) For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

These things are written for our edification and not to destruction. But fair warning: there is power to retain others’ sins who will continue to willfully sin and not repent.

(10) Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.
(11) Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you

John 20:
(22) And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
(23) Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

We speak before God in Christ and we do all things for the edifying of those who will hear. Those who will speak in Christ before God do not make a gain of their hearers.

2 Corinthians 12:
(18) I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps?
(19) Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.

But this is the fear…that when the brothers come to preach His words, they will find many as they should not be found. Will we be found behaving in brotherly love or be found in debating, envying, strife towards what we will hear the brothers speaking? will we be found in the book of life?

(20) For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

Those who have sinned already towards what they hear are to repent of their uncleanness which they have committed.

(21) And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

We can not call the brothers who come speaking His words a “fool”. We are warned against such things….of the danger of judgment if we keep committing such things.

Matthew 5:
(21) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
(22) But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
(23) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

We are to be reconciled to our brother….

(24) Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
(25) Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
(26) Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. They are warned 3 times for the sins ….evil speaking…and with Scripture so that they may repent and be reconciled with their brother before the Lord judges them.

Deuteronomy 19:
(15) One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
(16) If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
(17) Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the LORD, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
(18) And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
(19) Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
(20) And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.

Hi Mitspa,

How are you?

I admit....out of timidness ....I have been not reading anyone's responses. Sorry for not responding.

Thanks for reading and considering.

Back