Understanding God's Word

1 Corinthians 2:7-9
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

These verses were in my reading today. It's amazing how the Bible can address every single subject that someone can throw at us.
I think that this passage means that God reveals meaning of the Word to us through the Holy Spirit. I concluded that to understand the Word, we must be willing to. Asking God for wisdom and understanding will also help us understand the Word, and we should always do this before reading the Bible.
This is one of the things I wrote in my journal today, "God has revealed His Word to us and the meaning of those words through the Holy Spirit. This is why we can explain anything in the Bible but nonbelievers [I wrote atheists] will still not understand. They are not willing to understand, so they don't".

Juk, this scripture you have quoted is probably one of the most used by Christians today.

1 Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

You must read the next verse that goes with it or we will never know what God has prepared for those who love him.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

The Word of God is what gives us the "faith" to believe, and experience these things in our lives. If we only read verse 9 then our believing will be limited to not knowing!!! You must know, confess and believe verse 10 before these things will become a reality in your life. So it is with all the "promises" of God. Each and every "promise" of God has its own separate "grace", and "faith" that allows us to access each grace by faith so we will benefit from each promise.

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The Lord God has already given you every thing you will ever need in this life and the next, and only way you will be able to benefit from these is you have to find out what these things are, confess, and believe them.

Last edited:
@Juk, @CCW95A is right, the key is a personal, intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit.

1 John 2:27 (KJV)
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.​

Sounds like the Holy Spirit is teaching You some good stuff little brother! Keep up the good work! Keep growing in wisdom!

Hey Brother Juk,
I am so thrilled that you have discovered that praying over the written word of God for understanding before you read is a GOOD THING... Let me tell you brother it is more then worth it. Learning to allow God and the Holy Spirit to guide you and teach you will bring more understanding unto you then you know.

Proud of You Brother and oh make a habbit of reading all the scriptures before and after a scripture that stands out to you. Way to many people do not do this and end up thinking it says one thing and end up not even being close.....

Keep up the awesome Job Juk
Have a great week
jim

Back