Understanding Jesus

Understanding Jesus

I'm a bit confused about some of the things Jesus said.

Whenever he healed someone, he told them "Your faith has restored you."

Did this mean that he wasn't taking credit for the healing?

Also...

He warned people not to expose Him as the Son of God. Why? I'm confused about that, because He was sent here by God. Wouldn't he want people to believe? If He healed someone, and they truly believed in their hearts that He was the Son of God...then wouldn't He want that person to go out and spread the good news?

Thanks for your input on helping me to understand this.
:)

Jesus always responds to simple faith. Scripture records He could not do many works in His home town becuase of the unbelief. If we trust God He is always willing to move:
2Ch 16:9a For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
Those who had eyes to see knew who Jesus was. Many simply did not believe and did not want to believe. Jesus spoke in parables for the same reason, these folks wanted the fish and the loaves, they wanted healing but did not really want to have a face to face encounter with God. In the end we are given what we want. If we want to see Him and be with Him He will save and deliver us. If not then we also get that wish.

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mat 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Mat 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

To know Jesus is to know love for He is a living expression of love.

I'm a bit confused about some of the things Jesus said.

Whenever he healed someone, he told them "Your faith has restored you."

Did this mean that he wasn't taking credit for the healing?

Also...

He warned people not to expose Him as the Son of God. Why? I'm confused about that, because He was sent here by God. Wouldn't he want people to believe? If He healed someone, and they truly believed in their hearts that He was the Son of God...then wouldn't He want that person to go out and spread the good news?

Thanks for your input on helping me to understand this.
:)

I was confused about that also, but I think healing is a very delicate subject anyway. Because the women with the issue of blood touched the hem of Jesus' garment and He immediately felt a surge of faith from it, we are led to believe that your own faith will heal you.

But then, I have heard of people being healed who didn't even believe it was for today. God just touched them. I don't understand this, but I guess God can do it anyway He wants.

I think He warned people who had received healings in the early days of his ministry because it was not yet the right time his time had not come yet to be revealed as such (the Son of God).

Any other ideas?

Thanks, guys...the clouds are evaporating for me, slowly but surely.

Isn't it strange...? You read the bible, and you learn. Then you go back to look something up that you learned before; and it seems to have changed magically since the last time you saw it? It's like there's never an ending to the amount of knowledge that's in our bible.:)

Truly a blessing.

So when he says, "your faith has healed you"...he means because you've believed in Me, you're healed?

That's powerful. Just believing can make a crippled man walk. Just believing can restore sight. Just believing can heal sores. Just believing can restore an ear.

Just believing, and sins go as far as east is from west.

Incredible.

Indeed WW! I knew a man who said he ahd faith he would win the lottery. I told him I place my faith in God. Guess who God responds to.

Back