Unity and Uniformity 2

Extremely hard to see where the "Charismatic Movement" has been valid, when it seems to have just declared the reformation null and void!

It is all about......."Excitement". The movement was centered in emotionalism which speaks to the heart of man wanting do to something to show his love for God.

Emotionalism is was way to release that which we keep inside for fear someone will think we are move by Satan instead of God.

Church over the last 1900 years insisted that we sit still, be quiet and listen. All of a sudden the Pentecostal denomination said......
"Clap your hands, Stand and shout" and people realized that they would worship without being hit with a lighting bolt.

I AM NOT promoting the Charismatic Pentecostal doctrine in any way! Howevre I am saying the the church of the FROZEN CHOOSEN actually helped in its coming about.

We are a Baptist church which now for 30 years has encouraged the congregation to SHOUT praises to God, to SHOUT AMEN, to CLAP hands and to STAND as the Holy Spirit moves you! All of that is simply a way to be involved with the worship service and there is nothing wrong with being excited and emotional.

Now when emotions overtake accepted human behavior, then there has to be a standard that must be Bible based and not human tradition.

The one who really put people to sleep was RC Sproul. as loved much of his theology, but he did not have the gift of speaking in regular ways, as all of his messages and sermons seemed to be like appearing before the Board earning his Phd!

I remember seeing some of the people in some settings where Sproul was teaching, and there were no back rests because of the people sitting in benches... Maybe that facilitated more people staying awake...

MM

It is all about......."Excitement". The movement was centered in emotionalism which speaks to the heart of man wanting do to something to show his love for God.

Emotionalism is was way to release that which we keep inside for fear someone will think we are move by Satan instead of God.

Church over the last 1900 years insisted that we sit still, be quiet and listen. All of a sudden the Pentecostal denomination said......
"Clap your hands, Stand and shout" and people realized that they would worship without being hit with a lighting bolt.

I AM NOT promoting the Charismatic Pentecostal doctrine in any way! Howevre I am saying the the church of the FROZEN CHOOSEN actually helped in its coming about.

We are a Baptist church which now for 30 years has encouraged the congregation to SHOUT praises to God, to SHOUT AMEN, to CLAP hands and to STAND as the Holy Spirit moves you! All of that is simply a way to be involved with the worship service and there is nothing wrong with being excited and emotional.

Now when emotions overtake accepted human behavior, then there has to be a standard that must be Bible based and not human tradition.
Totally for making a joyful noise unto the Lord , but not into rolling around, crawling on all fours and barking, and "holy crying and laughing"

I remember seeing some of the people in some settings where Sproul was teaching, and there were no back rests because of the people sitting in benches... Maybe that facilitated more people staying awake...

MM
Remember that times when he and Dr Macarthur woulkd be together in conference, and someone would ask a question, and RC would go off for several minutes on what the scriptures stated, and then Dr mac would say "the answer would be a yes"

The one who really put people to sleep was RC Sproul. as loved much of his theology, but he did not have the gift of speaking in regular ways, as all of his messages and sermons seemed to be like appearing before the Board earning his Phd!
Interesting, I saw him speak oncehere in So. Cal and in his talk he said 'more than a theologian' he would most likely be remembered as a communicator. I always thought he was pretty good at that.
Pithy? That too.

Interesting, I saw him speak oncehere in So. Cal and in his talk he said 'more than a theologian' he would most likely be remembered as a communicator. I always thought he was pretty good at that.
Pithy? That too.
he always sounded to me like a seminary professor!

No sir......that is not worship but selfishness and probably Satanically motivated!
Remember reading one of them into that WoF who had the "Holy Spirit" tell him to hit a woman who came forward to get healed, and while he doubted, punched her in the gut so hard knocked her over, and cured her of cancer!

Remember reading one of them into that WoF who had the "Holy Spirit" tell him to hit a woman who came forward to get healed, and while he doubted, punched her in the gut so hard knocked her over, and cured her of cancer!
Todd Bentley kicked the older woman in the face with his motorcycle boot to the cure cancer because "The Holy Spirit told him to". These charlatans are a dime-a-dozen and absolutely harm the cause of Christ. He is a definite Bozo to stay clear of.

Todd Bentley kicked the older woman in the face with his motorcycle boot to the cure cancer because "The Holy Spirit told him to". These charlatans are a dime-a-dozen and absolutely harm the cause of Christ. He is a definite Bozo to stay clear of.
Thought Jesus was strange rubbing spit and mud into eyes, but just think if He would have been seen punching them out who came to Him for healing?

Thanks for clarification, as sure that was the one remembered reading about years ago!

Don't get me going with that deceitful NAR bunch. They are low lying fruit when it comes to apostasy and corruption.
What is sad is that the Charismatics allow for them to have that really rotten fruit right in their midst, if they would just clean up their houses, as while do not agree with some of their theology, have NO support at all fro both WoF and NAR!

Back