unrighteous mammon....

If we have been unfaithful in the “unrighteous mammon”, who will commit to our trust the TRUE riches…..the mysteries of the kingdom of God. It is “unrighteous” because men are handling the word of God deceitfully as they preach for money and lead many astray unto their destruction of the flesh. It is UNJUST GAIN...ill gotten gain. Covetousness is the abomination of desolation that should NOT be named once among us as saints.

Yet, they suppose that their gain is godliness. Men who preach for money can NOT understand the Scriptures because of their preference for serving Mammon. We can NOT serve 2 masters. We can NOT serve God and money.

Luke 16:
(11) If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
(12) And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
(13) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

The scoffers will always come forth and deride what they hear. They will want to justify themselves before men. They will want to continue collecting their money and building their grand church buildings, their giant ministries, their congregations, their religious products, etc. The scoffers will continue to live after their lusts and will refuse the Lord's counsel to give up the money gathering in church and follow Him instead.

(14) And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
(15) And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

They will not want to renounce the hidden things of their dishonesty….their walking in craftiness as they handle the Word of God deceitfully. It will be very hard for the rich pastor to give up these things. If the good news is hid, it is hid to those who are "lost"....decaying away in the flesh to the grave without the life of Jesus being made manifest in them. Their own belly that lusts after money as they preach for it prevents them from understanding the Scriptures and the good news of His life in the here and now.

2 Corinthians 4:
(1) Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
(2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

They are preaching themselves (for money). But we are to preach Christ Jesus the Lord and ourselves as SERVANTS for Jesus’ sake. A servant does not live like a king who collects taxes from their subjects and puts them to work in their kingdoms. A servant works with his own hands to support his own needs….just as Paul showed us….and all of the apostles who labored day and night to support themselves.

(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

How hard is it that they that have riches (the rich pastors/rulers of the churches) to enter into the kingdom of God. They will not be able to enter into the understanding of the mysteries of the kingdom. The Scriptures will stay parables in their understanding.

Luke 18:
(24) And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
(25) For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Fortunately, all things are possible with God.....such as the example of Zacchaeus the tax collector.

(26) And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?
(27) And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Outside are the “idolaters”…those who are covetous. They will not be able to understand the mysteries of the kingdom as they continue to follow their covetousness.

Revelation 22:
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

The words of all of the biblical saints are interpreted in Christ in this coming time so that we may see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not and FLEE from it. We can not keep company with those who call themselves “brothers” but are covetous.

2 Corinthians 2:14-17
(14) Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

The scoffers will see His interpretation of the words of the apostles and prophets as the “savor of death” unto death. They will not want to hear these things as their flesh continues to perish away unto the grave in their stubborn unbelief and coveting.

(15) For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
(16) To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

MANY “corrupt”…that is, PEDDLE the Word of God for unjust gain. Yet, all of the biblical saints speak in Christ in the sight of God. They speak in sincerity not in deceit with covetousness hidden in the heart. The Word of God is correctly interpreted in the Spirit as it is preached in sincerity and not as a cover for covetousness.

(17) For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

We are to RENOUNCE the hidden things …the handling of the Word of God deceitfully for money…and FOLLOW HIM. We are to FORSAKE our “nets” by which we have caught people in in order to take advantage of them in order to follow Him so that we may be true fishers of men. We are to immediately forsake the “net” that we have devised in craftiness in order to catch the “poor”.

Psalms 10:
(9) He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
(10) He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones

The 2 brothers, Peter and Andrew, heard the message to REPENT for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. They changed their minds and ways in order to follow Him as they did cease from their works.

Matthew 4:17-22
(17) From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
(18) And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

They IMMEDIATELY followed Him. They IMMEDIATELY left their “nets”.

(19) And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
(20) And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

James and John also IMMEDIATELY left the “ship” and their father…. “Zebedee”…which means “GIFT”. We are to leave that “ship” of preaching for “gifts” and follow Him. We are to renounce these things in order to follow Him who will make us true fishers of men.

(21) And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
(22) And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

Levi also gave us sitting at the “receipt of custom” in order to follow Him. He “arose” and followed Him.

Mark 2:14-17
(14) And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

If we are preaching for money, then we are “publicans”….collecting taxes from the congregations. But as we see there were many publicans and sinners who sat also together with Jesus and His disciples. There were many and they followed Him. The “publican” pastor is called to follow Him and “eat” at His table….to understand the true sayings of God which is a true meal. The “publican” pastor is “sick” and needs the true Physician to heal him. He does not come to call the supposed “righteous” but the sinners to repentance.

(15) And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.
(16) And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
(17) When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Let him that stole steal no more but rather let him work with his own hands to support his own needs so that he may TRULY preach the PURE Word of God to those who NEED to hear it.

Ephesians 4:28 KJV
(28) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let us remember Saul/Paul who received the ABUNDANT GRACE even though he persecuted the church and was a “blasphemer”. He obtained MERCY because he did it ignorantly in UNBELIEF. Paul is the pattern for us today…for all of those who have persecuted the church with their teachings and commandments of men. He came into this world to save SINNERS of whom Paul was chief. The GRACE of our Lord is exceedingly abundant.

1 Timothy 1:12-17
(12) And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
(13) Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
(14) And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
(15) This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

(16) Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
(17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

But it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye than for a rich man (rich church leaders) to enter into the kingdom of God. He came to save sinners and not the “righteous”…those who trust in their own righteousness as did the rich ruler.

Luke 18:17-27
(17) Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
(18) And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(19) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
(20) Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
(21) And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

We are to give up the money gathering in the church….and distribute the Word of Truth to those who are truly in need of hearing it. We are to leave the activity of receiving the receipt of custom and start preaching His pure Word.

(22) Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me

But it will be very hard for the rich rulers….the rich church leaders…to give up their things.

(23) And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
(24) And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
(25) For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
(26) And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?
(27) And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

They will hate His knowledge and will not choose the fear of the LORD. They will DESPISE His reproof. The prosperity of fools shall destroy them as they will turn away from His counsel because of their church riches.

Proverbs 1:29-32
(29) For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
(30) They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
(31) Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
(32) For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

The “ransom” of a man’s life are his riches.

Proverbs 13:8 KJV

(8) The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

to be continued....

The word “apostle” means “sent”. Jesus SENDS His disciples to preach the kingdom of God.

He sends them out WITHOUT “purse, scrip, nor shoes.” He sends them out without the things to collect money in…..for they come not preaching for money. They come without “shoes”….a religious product to sell to the “poor” for money to put in their “purse”. They “salute no man” by the way….that is, they do not flatter men with their tongues in order to gain something from them.

Luke 10:
(3) Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
(4) Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
(5) And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
(6) And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

This is NOT about money but about showing hospitality….just as Abraham entertained the 3 men/angels that came to his tent. This is about showing brotherly love towards the “laborer” in the Word of God.

(7) And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
(8) And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
(9) And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Will we sell the spiritually needy a pair of shoes for money to put in our “purse”? They make the poor of the land to fail because the life of Jesus is not being manifest in their flesh as they are led astray unto the destruction of the flesh by fraud.

Amos 8:
(4) Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
(5) Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?
(6) That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?
(7) The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works

The truly sent apostles (the apostles of Christ) will not take “2 coats”…that is, use flattering words as a cloak of covetousness. Their exhortation will not be of deceit…..preaching for money. They will NOT flatter men in order to get gain.

1 Thess 2:
(3) For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
(4) But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
(5) For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness
:

The apostles of Christ will do none of these things.

(6) Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.
(7) But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:
(8) So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

INSTEAD, they labored night and day with their own hands for their own necessities so that no one could charge them with wrong doing….

(9) For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.
(10) Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
(11) As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
(12) That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

Yet, the “super apostles” will have a problem with the preaching of the gospel of God being done for free…..and MANY receive the preaching of the “chiefest apostles” as they bear well with them.

2 Cor 11:

(4) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
(5) For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
(6) But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

(7) Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

False apostles are falsely sent. They are deceitful WORKERS….getting paid for their deceitful handling of the Word of God….as they transform themselves in the apostles of Christ (saying that they are sent by Christ)….when Christ SENDS His apostles out without “purse, scrip or shoes”. Yet, MANY receive them and they gladly let them rule over them and take advantage of them.

(13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
(15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

We shall LACK NOTHING if we follow His directive not to preach for money…..

Luke 22:
(34) And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.
(35) And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

But those who will take these things invite the 2 swords of envy and strife….where there is every evil work and confusion.

(36) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
(37) For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
(38) And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Back