Unstoppable

I went to my women's Bible study tonight and we watched Kirk Cameron's Unstoppable. He was telling the story of when Cain killed Abel and God marked Cain. He said that it's possible that Cain's mark was the original mark of the beast. What do you guys think?

I went to my women's Bible study tonight and we watched Kirk Cameron's Unstoppable. He was telling the story of when Cain killed Abel and God marked Cain. He said that it's possible that Cain's mark was the original mark of the beast. What do you guys think?

I don't think so at all .. God gave to Cain a
אוֹת 'owth (h226) to PROTECT HIM .. whereas the book of Revelations says:
those who receive that mark will suffer eternal torment (Rev 19:20) ..

my opinion is it was more of a standard (insignia) .. perhaps similar to the one God used to protect the Israelites in the wilderness (Num 21:9) ..
or the ones ancient armies used http://www.legionxxiv.org/signum/
The poles for the various standards would have a butt spike to allow them to be stuck in the ground and many had a handle or "grab" to extract them from the ground and to more easily carry them while on the march.

note: when they were placed in the ground, that usually meant that ground would be defended to death (not yielded) ..

The KJV translates Strongs H226 in the following manner: sign(s) (60x), token(s) (14x), ensign(s) (2x), miracles (2x), mark (1x).

so the translation of "mark" is the ONLY verse out of 79 that is translated as "mark" in the KJV ..

Gen 4:15 So the LORD said to him, “Therefore whoever kills Cain, vengeance will be taken on him sevenfold.” And the LORD appointed a sign for Cain, so that no one finding him would slay him.

Last edited:
also note the word "upon" is added by the translator and does not appear in the text ..

Gen 4:15 ... Yĕhovah = Jehovah
suwm = H7760
'owth = to distinguish
Qayin = Cain ...

suwm from my understanding by the various ways it can be used in contexts, means "to denote" ..

Gen 21:18
Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make H7760 him a great nation.

also note .. if it was God's insignia, no one would try going against it ..

Last edited:
It

It sounds like private interpretation to me. The mark will not come from God.

That is very true. It's sad that a lot of people take that mark and don't even realize it.

how is that that you WILL not realize it ???
the mark of the beast WILL control buying and selling ..

Rev 13:17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

it will be an "image engraved" (Act 17:29) .. which sounds to me like a "tattoo" ..

Rev 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

perhaps I should take the time to decipher it .. I never bothered (even though the HS told me how to) because I didn't plan on being around then, and even if I was, this verse would then apply ..

Rev 13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
Rev 13:10 If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.

Last edited:
It will be a very overt mark, something nobody could miss.
Each and every person who takes the mark will be completely aware of who they are allying themselves with.
God does not play bad jokes with the ignorant and then condemn them for it.
Everyone will know exactly where they stand.

It will be a very overt mark, something nobody could miss.
Each and every person who takes the mark will be completely aware of who they are allying themselves with.
God does not play bad jokes with the ignorant and then condemn them for it.
Everyone will know exactly where they stand.

perhaps I will calculate it tomorrow for this forum .. the reason no one has been able to, is because this was written in Greek, to Greek speaking people .. English did not exist .. and Greek numbers have names .. the same as Greek letters have names ..

good night to all ..

Last edited:

Rev 13:17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

it will be an "image engraved" (Act 17:29) .. which sounds to me like a "tattoo" ..

Rev 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

perhaps I should take the time to decipher it .. I never bothered (even though the HS told me how to) because I didn't plan on being around then, and even if I was, this verse would then apply ..

Rev 13:10 If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.

We won't be around.

RE-read Rev 13:10 It's not saying what you think.

Compare scriptures.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
(Rev 13:7-10)

Jesus said this before. Think of reaping and sowing.

The mark is visible, you won't get it by accident.

Please forgive my ignorance on the subject. I'm newly saved and haven't read the whole Bible yet. Those verses make it much clearer to me, so thank you. :)

Jesus said: Father forgive them for they know NOT what they do.
If the masses really understood what they are doing they would repent and turn to God. Unfortunately many will go to hell......
Some willing, some out of ignorance. There are many professing Christians that do NOT know God's word and will follow the crowd.

Back