Unyielding

Monday, February 24, 2014, 1:19 a.m. – the Lord Jesus put the song “Only In Him” in my mind. Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Isaiah 42 (NIV). http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+42&version=NIV

To Free Captives

“Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him…
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”

…“I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

The servant is Jesus Christ. He is supported by the Father in heaven. The Father takes great delight in his Son. He put his Spirit on him. In faithfulness Jesus Christ, God the Son, came to earth, took on human flesh and then died for the sins of the people of the world. He died so we could go free from the penalty of sin (eternal punishment in hell), so we could be free from the control of Satan and sin over our lives on a daily basis, and so we could be free to walk in his righteousness and holiness in his power and strength within us. He did not leave this earth until he had accomplished our salvation for us via his death and resurrection.

He did not die merely so we could go to heaven one day, as wonderful as that will be. The Bible says that he died for all, “that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again” (See 2 Co. 5:15). Thus, when we come to faith in Jesus Christ, our flesh is crucified with Christ, and we die to the sin (and self) which once bound (ruled) us. We are then raised with Christ to newness of life so that we may walk holy lives pleasing to him (See Ro. 6; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 4:17-24; Col. 3:3; & 1 Jn. 1-5). Jesus died to turn us away from the darkness of living in sin to the light of Christ - to his gospel of salvation and to living and walking in his love, righteousness and holiness. His grace teaches us to say “NO!” to all ungodliness and worldly passions and desires, “and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age” (See Tit. 2:11-14).

No Trusting in Idols

“I am the Lord; that is my name!
I will not yield my glory to another
or my praise to idols.
See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you.”

When we come to faith in Jesus Christ, we enter into a covenant relationship with Christ provided for us through his death and resurrection. We have been given new lives in Christ Jesus, free from the control of sin and flesh, and free to walk daily in his righteousness and holiness. Yet, many have added on to the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to our salvation in him, what is rooted in humankind (flesh) and is not of God; what is not of his original, only, and intended purposes in saving us from the decay of and bondage to sin. They have changed the grace of God into a license for immorality (sin). They have added to the gospel that which is U-shaped (You-shaped), i.e. that which is of human origin and fleshliness. And, in many cases, they have made humanistic philosophies and teachings and human value-systems the basis of one’s faith and practice rather than the word of God (of truth).

The Lord Jesus showed me two primary and core add-ons of humankind to this new relationship we have been given in Christ Jesus, which are at the top (head) of the church. In the U.S., the first one is the U.S. government (via the 501c3), and the other is man’s humanistic teachings and business marketing schemes targeted at appealing to the flesh of mankind, particularly focused toward attracting the people of this world to their man-made organizations, which they call “church.” These human add-ons have been driven through the gospel and through our relationships with Jesus Christ, much like if we were to drive the nails through Jesus Christ on the cross all over again – i.e. they kill our relationships with him and they dilute the gospel of Jesus Christ to something barely resembling the gospel of truth. These false gods of government and man, too, have a grip on the church and on the gospel. And, this grip often times result in the persecution, rejection and even murdering of Christ’s true servants and witnesses who hold to the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

A Battle Cry

…I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
But those who trust in idols,
who say to images, ‘You are our gods,’
will be turned back in utter shame.

“Hear, you deaf;
look, you blind, and see!
Who is blind but my servant,
and deaf like the messenger I send?
Who is blind like the one in covenant with me,
blind like the servant of the Lord?
You have seen many things, but you pay no attention;
your ears are open, but you do not listen.”

…Which of you will listen to this
or pay close attention in time to come?

I believe the Lord Jesus has measured the spiritual temperature of his church (whether hot or cold) by his original standard as taught by Jesus Christ and the apostles concerning our salvation, and by his Spirit who indwells the lives of his followers. The Holy Spirit and the standard of scripture has revealed, I believe, just how messed up the church is inside due to the grip (control) of human government plus man (U-shaped) philosophies, teachings and marketing schemes inserted inside the church, inside the hearts of believers, inside their relationships with Jesus Christ, and inside the presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I believe, as well, that the Lord Jesus has raised a battle cry on the behalf of his adulterous and idolatrous church, which has followed after the “gods” of mankind, and has thus forsaken their pure devotion to Jesus Christ as their only Lord and Savior. I believe very much so that he is sending his messengers throughout the earth with this battle cry, in presenting the case he has against his wayward people, in calling his rebellious people to repentance and renewed faith, and with warnings of divine correction, discipline (judgment) if they do not repent (See Rev. 2-3). Yet, many are not paying attention to his “battle cry,” and are continuing to go their own way of following after the ways of humans and the “gods” of this world. So, divine discipline is in order for the purpose of bringing God’s wayward church back into pure, unadulterated and undivided loyalty to him.

When the Holy Spirit makes us aware of just how messed up we are, and how messed up the church is because of us inserting U-shaped philosophies into the gospel, I believe many will be consciously aware that they must repent (apologize to their husband) for making a mess of the new covenant relationship with him he had purchased for us on the cross of Christ. The church will have to go back to repentance over sin again, and to be re-released from bondage in revival – being brought back to a right relationship with God. I believe, at that time, his revived church will sing a new song of renewed freedom in Christ - a great victory over the enemies of God. I went through that in 2002 and more deeply in 2004 – ten years ago – but daily I must come to the cross, and allow the Spirit within me to reveal things in my life which are not right, so that I can walk in his truth and in his righteousness.

ONLY IN HIM / An Original Work / February 19, 2014

Based off Isaiah 30

Woe to those who look to man’s help;
Who turn away from Jesus Christ;
Forming an alliance not in step with God;
Making their own plans, and praying not.

Willing not to listen to truth,
They close their ears to what is right.
Pleasing words are all that they’ll hear;
Feel good messages that bring cheer.

Trust in your Lord; turn from your sin.
Put your faith now ONLY IN HIM.
Do not turn to idols. They’ll not satisfy.
Jesus will save you. That’s why He died.

Your Lord will be gracious to you.
He cares all about you, ‘tis true.
He forgives you all of your sin
When you give your life up to Him.

Oh, how truly gracious He’ll be
When you bow to Him on your knees;
Turning now from your sin; walking in his ways.
He’ll lead and guide you all of your days.

Now you will sing praises to Him.
He delivered you from your sin.
You’ll tell others now of His grace,
So they may see Christ face-to-face.

http://originalworks.info/only-in-him/

Back