Vacation

Definitely more traffic congestion and fast paced daily activities than in your Province. Enjoy your family time and if you would happen to get over near Wright - Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, see if you can spot any captured UFO's... ;)

Hmm feel like I need one soon but no idea where to go...all my family ln my country just live in the same city as me. How can I get away when theres nowhere to get away to?

Hmm feel like I need one soon but no idea where to go...all my family ln my country just live in the same city as me. How can I get away when theres nowhere to get away to?
Hi Lanolin
As we know vacations are not always a matter of geographic location.
I believe the crux of the matter is the lifting of spirits, the trick being finding the means to do it.
We have all heard the saying 'a change is as good as a holiday".
Is there a significant 'good' change that you could do?
I believe you to be a fine Christian but could you do something 'extra ordinary' nice for a significant other? Sometime the spin offs are more than we anticipated...

I am out of ideas, as I dont have a significant other...

But I was thinking of a nice hot spa or something. I have to do it for me as nobody else will. It was really cold so went to the pool and it was packed with noisy schoolkids on holiday and helicopter parents. But my body had a nice warm soak. I still had to come home again though and face work the next day. I then found another spa place that does therapeutic massage and its not too expensive so may give that a go, but this one you have to book.

Although I did agree to go out with someone today. Good thing is he asked me and said he would pick me up. Not sure when though. He wants to go zumba dancing. My doctor has just told me I need to do more exercise.

My quiet place where I go to get away is usually my room or the library, in the winter months. Or the bathroom. Everywhere else is noisy.

I am out of ideas, as I dont have a significant other...

But I was thinking of a nice hot spa or something. I have to do it for me as nobody else will. It was really cold so went to the pool and it was packed with noisy schoolkids on holiday and helicopter parents. But my body had a nice warm soak. I still had to come home again though and face work the next day. I then found another spa place that does therapeutic massage and its not too expensive so may give that a go, but this one you have to book.

Although I did agree to go out with someone today. Good thing is he asked me and said he would pick me up. Not sure when though. He wants to go zumba dancing. My doctor has just told me I need to do more exercise.

My quiet place where I go to get away is usually my room or the library, in the winter months. Or the bathroom. Everywhere else is noisy.
Good to hear you have some options. I suppose we are all the same in that we would like to have a road map for life's decisions. We say we want to do the Lord's will but we don't know which way to turn and so we might feel frustrated. But all is well for God did not even tell His prophets everything. So onward we go by faith knowing that for the Christian the footsteps are ordered and all things work together for the good...
God bless

In the Bible one of Gods vacations was not just the sabbath where you had a whole day off work and not allowed to lift a finger but you also had these feasts and they were set times a year and you had to go up to Jerusalem and wave an offering. I dont know if they are spaced out evenly through the year but now currently in the dead zone in the middle of winter between July and October where there are no public holidays until Labour Day.

I know some christians follow the liturgical year but not all churches do that. They have lent and pentecost and then all saints days and then advent, christmas, epiphany, and then I think ordinary time.

Am just feeling a bit overworked maybe because everyone else gets school holidays now (children, school teachers, parents) and I dont. However TGIF and the weekend is here.

Take your Bible and get something good to drink and find a shade tree and tell God you are on vacation and want Him to hang out with you and start reading.

Can't think of a better vacation then that.
That's where I am headed soon.
Blessings
FCJ
Take your Bible and get something good to drink and find a shade tree and tell God you are on vacation and want Him to hang out with you and start reading.

Can't think of a better vacation then that.
That's where I am headed soon.
Blessings
FCJ

Amen:)

I live by the beach, which is, for most people, a vacation spot. But Summer is my busiest work time. However, I've been working on my tiny garden all Spring and now it looks awesome (to me anyway), so every evening I sit in my garden (the weather is really good at the moment) and have my own personal vacation. It's only for a couple of hours but it makes me feel like I'm on holiday!

And yes, I read my Bible. And I also admire my handiwork. And God's.

Find your own shady tree, wherever that may be:cool:

Am really waiting for the trees I planted to grow so I can sit under it. It might take a few years though.mum decided to chop down all the trees my brother had planted because they were getting too big, so I cant sit under them!

We do have a tree at church that has seats under it, but its right near the road and busstop, so not exactly the most peaceful spot. However, am planning to place a pop up library there with bibles and books, so people will have something to read while waiting.

Hi Lanolin
As we know vacations are not always a matter of geographic location.
I believe the crux of the matter is the lifting of spirits, the trick being finding the means to do it.
We have all heard the saying 'a change is as good as a holiday".
Is there a significant 'good' change that you could do?
I believe you to be a fine Christian but could you do something 'extra ordinary' nice for a significant other? Sometime the spin offs are more than we anticipated...

Hello 2404;

What a well said post, very gentle spirited. I couldn't agree more that "spin offs" end up being the best of times.

My wife and I are at a time in our lives when those last moment get aways are an enjoyable blessing.

God bless you and your time off with your family, brother.

Sounds like you don't have 'a tree' at present. What is your idea of a perfect getaway place?
A tree house perhaps! With a hot mineral pool. And meals delivered to my door, like room service!

Today I went to a zumba class, then church, then a church member invited me to have a catch up and share lunch at a cafe in the mall, and then I had a neck, shoulder and back massage. I feel better now. I dont usually do a lot of activities on a Sunday. It was a rainy day today puddles everywhere. Oh I also checked out the travel agent for brochures on pacific island getaways. But am thinking of not going too far just staying local and a place that has a hot spa bath or thermal mineral pool or nearby to one. Theres a place called hot water beach that has a natural thermal water and you dig your own spa. I have to figure out how to get there though, and then if Im going on my own or with anyone. Its so annoying if your friends just cant go with you want to or they cant afford to. Organising travel for a group is tricky when everyone had different commitments and your boss is stingy with leave.

Some people like to go play in the snow, and ski and snowboard but Im not the really the hard core adventurous type. Hopefully I find something withiut any hassle, because I can do without the stress!

I was just about to feel sorry for then... 'massages' and 'pacific island getaways'...take me with you!!! You're very blessed to live in the part of the world you do. My 'getaway' at the moment, would be another part of Europe that's experiencing a heatwave and water shortage lol.

Go to hot water beach, it sounds awesome. Don't worry about organising others, put the word out, and if everyone else dithers about, just go on your own and enjoy it.

I want to go to hot water beach:cry:

I asked for a week off in October. But its too far away :-(

I think I shall ask for a day off soon and just go book a spa or something even though an hour costs hundreds of dollars. I suppose that is how much you pay to go away.

I wish there was someone could just take me away for free as getting out of town on my own and booking a place is too much drama. Please just someone pick me up and take me away.

The problem with pacific island getaways is its only for couples and I am not one, and i think its way too expensive to just go alone.

Annie if you can get yourself over to nz be my travelling buddy. :)

Well, if nobody wants to come and everyone dithers then yea, going by myself again!

Actually it is not to bad until you get people asking you strange questions and men trying to hit on you.

Somehow, I can't imagine Jesus going on vacation, sending his disciples a "wish you were here" card, but I don't think that means we shouldn't indulge, in moderation.
The last vacation I had was of course shared with my wife, but that was twelve years ago, and now I am alone and housebound with vague memories of past blessings.
One of my sons has just returned from a week away, having enjoyed the change so much that he has reserved another week at the same place next year. He must be trusting that the end times are not that close.

Jesus ministry was like an adventure with his twelve disciples. The twelve gave up their normal routines fishing to go with him. When Jesus did need a break he just went up the mountain by himself, otherwise he was out on the boat or in the garden. He was a real outdoors kind of guy.

But I think the difference with Jesus is that because he lived according to Jewish custom, he celebrated the holidays like passover, tabernacles, etc where they all had to travel to Jerusalem.

For someone who lived out in Galilee going into the city is a big deal. But they are invited to be here. I think few people think of those who are stuck in the city needing an escape when they dont have one, because i dont have any family out in the country inviting me to stay with them, or a boat for that matter.

I mean i could just drive somewhere and live out of my car I suppose.

Back