Valentine Virus

violet

Inactive
Valentine Virus

I checked this out on Urban Legends Reference Pages and it is real.

Campus Community,

Security firms have warned of several e-mail worms using Valentine's Day messages to infect computers. This year's worm threats include Nuwar.OL and Valentin.E.

Nuwar.OL will arrive in your e-mail with a subject like "I Love You Soo Much," or "You in My Dreams." The messasge looks like a romantic greeting card and contains a link to a site that if you click on it will download the malicious worm.

Valentin.E uses similar subjects like "Searching for True Love" and includes an attachment named "friends4u." The attachment contains the worm.

Antivirus systems on both Lotus Notes and "Rebelmail" should keep these messages from being delivered, but users should be cautious in case such messages evade our defenses or arrive through other sources such as other e-mail systems.

Remember never to open e-mails from unknown senders or those that have suspicious titles and do not open attachments or click on links within such e-mails if you do open them. If you think you have inadvertently opened a suspicious attachment, please contact the IT Help Desk immediately at 895-0777 or [email protected].

Thank you for your assistance in keeping the e-mail systems secure.

The Office of Information Technology

Thanx, Violet!
I've already had my lap-top get a virus. So, now I have to share my husband's computer. I don't know how to get it fixed. My husband tends to open everything, so I shared this with him. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get on this forum anymore. Maybe go to the library.

I'm sure glad that I do not observe V-Day, and this V does not stand for victory. No offense to anyone that observes this day intended.

Back